★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Nintendo should make games for ios.

04-25-2012, 11:15 PM
Nintendo should make games for ios.

When I see the success of angry birds and the millions of dollars it has made it makes me think of how successful a mario game could do on the appstore. Not that angry birds and mario are alike but I could easily see mario topping angry birds. I know nintendo only makes games for its own systems but I think they could easily dominate the appstore if they wanted to. I also doubt it would detract from 3ds sales if they only release a very few number of games.
04-25-2012, 11:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by handintoaster View Post
When I see the success of angry birds and the millions of dollars it has made it makes me think of how successful a mario game could do on the appstore. Not that angry birds and mario are alike but I could easily see mario topping angry birds. I know nintendo only makes games for its own systems but I think they could easily dominate the appstore if they wanted to. I also doubt it would detract from 3ds sales if they only release a very few number of games.
This I can actually agree on. If they released a bunch of classic games like the original Mario and Donkey Kong and stuff like that, they'd do insanely well, probably making hundreds of thousands of dollars in cash. Just the name would sell itself. But there's no way we can hope for anything but some classic mario or donkey kong type games...

I don't want a signature.

04-25-2012, 11:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DodgerBlue016 View Post
This I can actually agree on. If they released a bunch of classic games like the original Mario and Donkey Kong and stuff like that, they'd do insanely well, probably making hundreds of thousands of dollars in cash. Just the name would sell itself. But there's no way we can hope for anything but some classic mario or donkey kong type games...
We can't hope for anything, period. Nintendo seems very adamant about not developing for mobile devices.

Follow me (@zeroxharuhi) on Twitter!
04-25-2012, 11:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haruhi View Post
We can't hope for anything, period. Nintendo seems very adamant about not developing for mobile devices.
You can always hope mate . But nah, I don't expect anything within the next year or two for sure. After that I think we'll start to see at least a small attempt by nintendo on the app store, as they test the waters with something incredibly simple or something like that.

I don't want a signature.
04-25-2012, 11:33 PM
I wasn't saying that they might I said they should. It would be only beneficial for them imo.
04-26-2012, 12:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DodgerBlue016 View Post
You can always hope mate . But nah, I don't expect anything within the next year or two for sure. After that I think we'll start to see at least a small attempt by nintendo on the app store, as they test the waters with something incredibly simple or something like that.
If the stupid and selfish apple ever developed a controller for IOS device, then we'd probably already got some same quality mario rip-off or even better games.
I don't expect games from ninetendo personally, once I can get same fun from same quality games I don't care about the title that much.

gameloft ID:zhclarensi. Common play nova 2 or MC 3.
04-26-2012, 05:45 AM
Indefinitely agree. One game I feel could be VERY perfect for the iOS and worth a more premium price is a nicely done gyroscopic or hard controlled joy stick + buttons for moves.....(Drum roll ) MARIO KART. I mean seriously AND if they add multiplayer capabilities, even between within network/Bluetooth means, that would be awesome.
04-26-2012, 05:59 AM
LOL @ thread

Neva...gonna...happen. Not so long as they're still making their own hardware.

/thread
04-26-2012, 06:52 AM
If i had a nickel every time I saw a TA post about nintendo making on iOS game...
04-26-2012, 06:59 AM
better chance of nintendo making their own phone.

Check out our upcoming game's TA thread, Monster Island