App description: Which side will you choose when two epic forces rise again?
The Inotia saga has been brought to the next level! Inotia 4

The App Store's number 1 RPG chronicles of the Inotian continent has returned with more action and more thrills with exciting party mechanics and other mystical journeys.

Stride along with Kiyan, the Shadow Tribe's virtuoso, and Eara, the powerful Channel of Light, in their fantasy adventure story.
With improved graphics and storyline from the previous Inotia games, get wrapped up in battles against goblins, orcs, and more!

A new hero awaits to be released from the shadows in this all-new Inotian continent mobile RPG action game.

NOTICE

- In case of experiencing missing save data file, please re-login to Com2uS hub to load latest save data file

- All known issues will be fixed in future versions. Thank you for your patience and feedback!

- Download Inotia4PLUS without ads and receive a 100 Gem bonus (worth about $4.99)

- If you previously played the free version, you can load your old data through data backup SAVE/LOAD. Please check the Settings menu!

CRITIC'S QUOTES

TouchArcade: "Inotia 4 will have you mashing buttons, switching hot keys, pondering talent points and beating on artillery turtles without so much as a second thought."

Capsule Computers: "The Chronicles of Inotia IV: Assassin of Berkel...It has the art, the storyline, and the style going for it."

8 Days a Geek: "Inotia 4 may just be that missing game youre looking for."

FEATURES

- 6 Classes, 90 Skills
Choose from 6 classes; Black Knight, Assassin, Warlock, Priest, and Ranger.
15 different skills are added to each class. Combine all skills to customize your party's strategy.

- Convenient Party System
Mercenaries can be recruited to your party anytime and anywhere.
Once all mercenaries are recruited, 20 or more unique 'mercenary skills' will help you along your journey.

- One Of The Largest Mobile RPG Maps
Dry deserts and freezing snowfields, mysterious forests and dark dungeons...
400 maps with various themes to roam through!

- A Tragic Destiny and Other Schemes await the Shadow Assassin and the Channel of Light
A breathless chase-and-run story where the two heroes meet companions, enemies, and monsters; Be immersed in emotions as the darkness and light contradicts in force...
Enjoy a stronger, and better, scenario.

- Exclusive Sub-quests Ready To Be Unraveled
Enjoy other sub-quests in each region of the Inotian continent besides the main story.
As you accomplish the quests, you will get your hands on some extraordinary items.
Listen to stories of each villager and monster to unfold other mysteries.

- End of a Story means a Beginning of a New Journey: Infinite Dungeon for Hardcore Players
Cleared the whole story? Get ready to start a new one in Infinite Dungeon!
5 different memory layers will relocate you to a battle that was of your past...but different the next time.
Fight villains that are even more vicious and smellier than the main story, to become the ultimate master of Inotia!

This game is free to play, but you can choose to pay real money for extra items.

Supports: English, , , , .

Connect with Com2uS!

Follow us on Twitter
twitter.com/Com2uS

Like us on Facebook!
facebook.com/Com2uS

For information on new games and special events, check out http://www.withhive.com!

dalbertson's comments:

Sorry, added appinfo tags thinking it would pull in the information but it didn't.
04-26-2012, 11:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GodSon View Post
Thanks. What is the 6th class? It only states 5 in the iTunes description...

Sigh...well that's quite the buzzkill for people that prefer to make meatshields to lead the pack. Looking forward to getting this as soon as I get a chance regardless...
ummmm I dont really member all of them off the top of my head but I think theres a black knight class maybe thats paladinish?....
04-26-2012, 12:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amenbrother View Post
ummmm I dont really member all of them off the top of my head but I think theres a black knight class maybe thats paladinish?....
I'd hope so but from my experiences with Black Knight's (Square Enix games), they tend to be skilled in sacrificing HP for higher damage. Not really my style, but no telling how com2us skilled them. Here's to hoping for the best I guess.

Game Center: Diligence

04-26-2012, 01:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GodSon View Post
Thanks. What is the 6th class? It only states 5 in the iTunes description...

Sigh...well that's quite the buzzkill for people that prefer to make meatshields to lead the pack. Looking forward to getting this as soon as I get a chance regardless...
The Priest is a Paladin, there is no real Priest class anymore.

I've played about 30 min and Im surprised, only sound bugs are the fact that there is no music, and I haven't found any party members yet but Im expecting the dreadful sound bug from Inotia 3 that prevented you to hear any sound effects from you party members when they attacked, only the character that was selected played sound effects while in combat.
That really made med quit Inotia 3, I can't stand listening to monotonous sound of one single character attacking and casting spells, I want to be aware of what everyone is doing, what spells they cast, if they take damage etc etc.

But like I said, so far, no bugs, a pretty bad Interface but enjoyable, it's not Inotia 2, yet however.

EDIT: Classes:

Class Standard rpg role

Warrior - Warrior
Warlock - Mage
Assassin - Rogue
Priest - Paladin
Ranger - Ranger
Black knight - Dark knight/Death knight
04-26-2012, 02:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vibliribland View Post

I've played about 30 min and Im surprised, only sound bugs are the fact that there is no music, and I haven't found any party members yet but Im expecting the dreadful sound bug from Inotia 3 that prevented you to hear any sound effects from you party members when they attacked, only the character that was selected played sound effects while in combat.
That really made med quit Inotia 3, I can't stand listening to monotonous sound of one single character attacking and casting spells, I want to be aware of what everyone is doing, what spells they cast, if they take damage etc etc.

But like I said, so far, no bugs, a pretty bad Interface but enjoyable, it's not Inotia 2, yet however.

Class Standard rpg role

Warrior - Warrior
Warlock - Mage
Assassin - Rogue
Priest - Paladin
Ranger - Ranger
Thank you for the breakdown.

Game Center: Diligence
04-26-2012, 02:08 PM
im about 5 hours in and i am loving this game.
04-26-2012, 02:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eAdvisory View Post
im about 5 hours in and i am loving this game.
Wow, surprised to read actual discussion after the first few posts. So some people are actually liking what sounded like a buggy beta test?

Or did they perhaps upload the "real" version at some point?

Either way, it's strange that there was little fanfare for the game's release then all the sudden it appears out of nowhere.
04-26-2012, 02:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vibliribland View Post

Class Standard rpg role

Warrior - Warrior
Warlock - Mage
Assassin - Rogue
Priest - Paladin
Ranger - Ranger
So I played on my lunch hour and loved every min of it, but god it pisses me off when theres so many classes and only 3 save slots..... I cant decide.
04-26-2012, 02:40 PM
Doesn't Inotia 4 have that Hub option?
I used most of Inotia 3 characters that way.

Btw, is the free version a lite or an Ad supported version?

Last edited by Jxsgamer; 04-26-2012 at 02:58 PM.
04-26-2012, 03:12 PM
Free version is exactly the same as the paid version but you occasionally get pop up ads when you go into the in-game menu. The paid version has no ads and you get 400 gems. These gems can be used to reset stats/skills, purchase additional mercenary slots etc.

My team comprises of a Magician (main), priest (healer and tank) and archer (dps). The archer is a bit overpowered imo as for some odd reason he can summon a beast just like the magician. That means against a boss it's 5 vs 1

There are some annoying aspects to the game e.g. can't allocate stat or skill points of the mercenaries (only your main character); when equipping stuff doesn't show you what you already have on; AI is dumb e.g when you want to do a tactical retreat they will just stand there and block your escape route; occasionally BGM will just cut out. Still enjoyable though

All characters are now lvl 21 and I reckon I'm a approx. 1/4 to 1/3 into the game
04-26-2012, 03:15 PM
As far as I can tell, it feels like a complete rehash of Inotia 3. The dialogue is much improved in my opinion. But everything just feels the same. 80% of the skills are the same as those in 3. The items are basically the same. Many of the characters are the same. And the same methods of min/maxing are there: Use some dice, farm heroic emblems, grind end-game gear, make chaos weapons, repeat. Granted, I've only played a 5 or 6 hours. But, it feels way too familiar to keep its novelty, I think.

I hope I'm wrong. And I'm going to finish the campaign once if, for no other reason, than to see how the story-line goes (The story line and, specifically, the dialogue are actually pretty nice in this rendition). So, maybe I'll find something new and interesting.

*also, as a note. It was said that there's no true priest class in a post above. I feel like the priest is given the option, through gear and spec, to choose whether it wants to be a classic priest or a paladin.