★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
04-26-2012, 11:27 AM
#21
Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 4,858
Quote:
Originally Posted by GodSon View Post
Thanks. What is the 6th class? It only states 5 in the iTunes description...

Sigh...well that's quite the buzzkill for people that prefer to make meatshields to lead the pack. Looking forward to getting this as soon as I get a chance regardless...
ummmm I dont really member all of them off the top of my head but I think theres a black knight class maybe thats paladinish?....
04-26-2012, 12:15 PM
#22
Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 3,377
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amenbrother View Post
ummmm I dont really member all of them off the top of my head but I think theres a black knight class maybe thats paladinish?....
I'd hope so but from my experiences with Black Knight's (Square Enix games), they tend to be skilled in sacrificing HP for higher damage. Not really my style, but no telling how com2us skilled them. Here's to hoping for the best I guess.

Game Center: Diligence

04-26-2012, 01:40 PM
#23
Quote:
Originally Posted by GodSon View Post
Thanks. What is the 6th class? It only states 5 in the iTunes description...


Sigh...well that's quite the buzzkill for people that prefer to make meatshields to lead the pack. Looking forward to getting this as soon as I get a chance regardless...
The Priest is a Paladin, there is no real Priest class anymore.

I've played about 30 min and Im surprised, only sound bugs are the fact that there is no music, and I haven't found any party members yet but Im expecting the dreadful sound bug from Inotia 3 that prevented you to hear any sound effects from you party members when they attacked, only the character that was selected played sound effects while in combat.
That really made med quit Inotia 3, I can't stand listening to monotonous sound of one single character attacking and casting spells, I want to be aware of what everyone is doing, what spells they cast, if they take damage etc etc.

But like I said, so far, no bugs, a pretty bad Interface but enjoyable, it's not Inotia 2, yet however.

EDIT: Classes:

Class Standard rpg role

Warrior - Warrior
Warlock - Mage
Assassin - Rogue
Priest - Paladin
Ranger - Ranger
Black knight - Dark knight/Death knight
04-26-2012, 02:01 PM
#24
Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 3,377
Quote:
Originally Posted by vibliribland View Post
The Priest is a Paladin, there is no real Priest class anymore.

I've played about 30 min and Im surprised, only sound bugs are the fact that there is no music, and I haven't found any party members yet but Im expecting the dreadful sound bug from Inotia 3 that prevented you to hear any sound effects from you party members when they attacked, only the character that was selected played sound effects while in combat.
That really made med quit Inotia 3, I can't stand listening to monotonous sound of one single character attacking and casting spells, I want to be aware of what everyone is doing, what spells they cast, if they take damage etc etc.

But like I said, so far, no bugs, a pretty bad Interface but enjoyable, it's not Inotia 2, yet however.

EDIT: Classes:

Class Standard rpg role

Warrior - Warrior
Warlock - Mage
Assassin - Rogue
Priest - Paladin
Ranger - Ranger
Black knight - Dark knight/Death knight
Thank you for the breakdown.

Game Center: Diligence
04-26-2012, 02:08 PM
#25
Joined: Nov 2011
Location: Detroit
Posts: 1,090
im about 5 hours in and i am loving this game.
04-26-2012, 02:23 PM
#26
Joined: Oct 2009
Location: Greenville, SC
Posts: 8,253
Quote:
Originally Posted by eAdvisory View Post
im about 5 hours in and i am loving this game.
Wow, surprised to read actual discussion after the first few posts. So some people are actually liking what sounded like a buggy beta test?

Or did they perhaps upload the "real" version at some point?

Either way, it's strange that there was little fanfare for the game's release then all the sudden it appears out of nowhere.
04-26-2012, 02:35 PM
#27
Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 4,858
Quote:
Originally Posted by vibliribland View Post
The Priest is a Paladin, there is no real Priest class anymore.

I've played about 30 min and Im surprised, only sound bugs are the fact that there is no music, and I haven't found any party members yet but Im expecting the dreadful sound bug from Inotia 3 that prevented you to hear any sound effects from you party members when they attacked, only the character that was selected played sound effects while in combat.
That really made med quit Inotia 3, I can't stand listening to monotonous sound of one single character attacking and casting spells, I want to be aware of what everyone is doing, what spells they cast, if they take damage etc etc.

But like I said, so far, no bugs, a pretty bad Interface but enjoyable, it's not Inotia 2, yet however.

EDIT: Classes:

Class Standard rpg role

Warrior - Warrior
Warlock - Mage
Assassin - Rogue
Priest - Paladin
Ranger - Ranger
Black knight - Dark knight/Death knight
So I played on my lunch hour and loved every min of it, but god it pisses me off when theres so many classes and only 3 save slots..... I cant decide.
04-26-2012, 02:40 PM
#28
Joined: Dec 2011
Location: USA
Posts: 656
Doesn't Inotia 4 have that Hub option?
I used most of Inotia 3 characters that way.

Btw, is the free version a lite or an Ad supported version?

Last edited by Jxsgamer; 04-26-2012 at 02:58 PM.
04-26-2012, 03:12 PM
#29
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 453
Free version is exactly the same as the paid version but you occasionally get pop up ads when you go into the in-game menu. The paid version has no ads and you get 400 gems. These gems can be used to reset stats/skills, purchase additional mercenary slots etc.

My team comprises of a Magician (main), priest (healer and tank) and archer (dps). The archer is a bit overpowered imo as for some odd reason he can summon a beast just like the magician. That means against a boss it's 5 vs 1

There are some annoying aspects to the game e.g. can't allocate stat or skill points of the mercenaries (only your main character); when equipping stuff doesn't show you what you already have on; AI is dumb e.g when you want to do a tactical retreat they will just stand there and block your escape route; occasionally BGM will just cut out. Still enjoyable though

All characters are now lvl 21 and I reckon I'm a approx. 1/4 to 1/3 into the game
04-26-2012, 03:15 PM
#30
Joined: Apr 2011
Posts: 545
As far as I can tell, it feels like a complete rehash of Inotia 3. The dialogue is much improved in my opinion. But everything just feels the same. 80% of the skills are the same as those in 3. The items are basically the same. Many of the characters are the same. And the same methods of min/maxing are there: Use some dice, farm heroic emblems, grind end-game gear, make chaos weapons, repeat. Granted, I've only played a 5 or 6 hours. But, it feels way too familiar to keep its novelty, I think.

I hope I'm wrong. And I'm going to finish the campaign once if, for no other reason, than to see how the story-line goes (The story line and, specifically, the dialogue are actually pretty nice in this rendition). So, maybe I'll find something new and interesting.

*also, as a note. It was said that there's no true priest class in a post above. I feel like the priest is given the option, through gear and spec, to choose whether it wants to be a classic priest or a paladin.