Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > Upcoming iPhone and iPad Games

Closed Thread

Old 04-27-2012, 05:35 AM

Default 'SUPERMAGICAL', by Super Awesome Hyper Dimensional Mega Team.

Wow, it's good to be back!
After 14 months of hard work, we are ready to introduce 'Supermagical' to the world, the new game from gPotato and Super Awesome Hyper Dimensional Mega Team, makers of Pro Zombie Soccer. We also have worked on others games such as Plants VS Zombies and Worms, just to let you know we know our craft really well.

On this thread you will find exclusive videos, exclusive screenshots, exclusive concept art, exclusive music and pretty much a lot of exclusive attention from our team members just to make the wait until release a bit more fun.

Now, onto the game again, 'Supermagical' is puzzle/arcade/adventure with an RPG touch where our main character, Nina the witch, has to face the invasion of the magic-devouring Minix, brought to her dimension by none other than her evil sisters.
In 'Supermagical' youŽll have to travel 3 huge continents full of secrets, adventure and a whole lot of fun.

Some facts and features of SUPERMAGICAL:

- Free to enjoy! That means we will not treat our users as milking cows at all, which we hate. 'Supermagical' can be enjoyed from start to finish completely for free. No small print here! Oh, and no ads either!
- Universal app.
- Between 15 and 20 hours of gameplay on the Story Mode. 3 huge continents to explore.
- Cooperative Multiplayer mode from day one. Play with your friends against the Minix hordes!
- Lots of cool items and warlocks to equip, buy and use.
- Dialog battles against your evil sisters.
- Fun minigames to try your luck on the way.
- Release: Coming soon.
- And much more!

But first things first, here you have the first look at the game!

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up

And some screenshots too. Taken from the iPad version, just as the video:

Thanks a lot for watching!

Last edited by Kikekun; 04-27-2012 at 05:38 AM..
Old 04-27-2012, 05:41 AM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

Well damn. I'm in.

The art alone looks like it's worth a purchase to me and the gameplay... While not one I'm particularly fond of, it certainly looks very appealing.

Important stuff!

When?
How much?
IAP? (the presence of this does not turn me off in the slightest, just the extent to which it cripples games)

(btw, I totally love the developer name!)

Edit:
Just realized how many of my questions have been answered in the end of the video... Apologies, it's late. >_<

New question:
How is the IAP balanced?

Re-watching the video for a third time, I can't say I like the character's bouncing... She does it exactly the same on every screen she's in.

Last edited by Echoseven; 04-27-2012 at 05:47 AM..
Old 04-27-2012, 05:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echoseven View Post
New question:
How is the IAP balanced?
I can say now there won't be premium items. There will be of course some expensive stuff, but nothing you cannot buy with some coin grabbing during the game.
The IAP system will be very similar to those on Infinity Blade or Jetpack Joyride...you will be able to buy some in-game currency with real money to buy the game's items. But that's it. No blockers, no premium-only items, no ads.
I say it again because is very important for us that you guys can enjoy the game from start to finish (20 hours of the Story Mode + Coop Multiplayer Mode) without paying a dime.
Old 04-27-2012, 06:03 AM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), OS 4.x

Okay, that's impressive! Fantastic-looking artwork, looks solid and polished, and the game doesn't require IAP to play? Sold.
Old 04-27-2012, 06:58 AM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

While that's very (very) great to hear and you guys certainly seem to know what you're doing, I've heard the promise of "you won't need to pay anything to progress" before.

Not that long ago a developer promised the same thing, but in order to unlock game elements through normal gameplay it would take a very, very long time. No offense implied, but please don't do the same. Apart from that, you may well be seeing a "just because" purchase from me. Every little bit helps, right?
Old 04-27-2012, 08:03 AM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 5.x

wow. Artwork looks very nice and the gameplay seems better than the usual bubble shooter
Old 04-27-2012, 08:47 AM

Hi everyone!

Thanks everyone for all the comments!
Echoseven: the whole "free to play" is pretty hard to make it happy for everyone. As players ourselves, besides developers, we tried our best to give for free the best possible experience, and we believe we have reached a really nice combination. As Kikekun said, you won't feel like a milked cow. Promised.

LOLavi: it is much, much, much more than a bubble shooter. I bet my right hand, one ear (you choose which one) and my left thumb.
Old 04-27-2012, 09:30 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

Free with no ads, stellar visuals and what looks to be fun gameplay. I'm on board!
Old 04-28-2012, 06:29 AM

We'll post some of the game's music in a few days, so you'll hear how awesome the OST is
Old 04-28-2012, 09:31 AM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

Wow that's so cute!! I love the cartoon graphic and the little witch is so adorable!!
Bubble shooting with rpg flavour? Equipments and a wacky evil sister?
You have my vote (actually you already had me at "bubble shooting" hahah)

Can't wait to hear the soundtrack...I'm a music freak!!

Closed Thread