★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Atlantis Quest HD (Premium) By Playrix ($4.99--> FREE)

04-27-2012, 09:45 PM
👮 Spam Police 🚓 [Original Poster]
Atlantis Quest HD (Premium) By Playrix ($4.99--> FREE)

04-28-2012, 07:37 AM
To avoid the button that prompts for purchase, put the device in airplane mode. Start the game, you get a notification that the game can't connect to the iTunes store ( thats a good thing) and then will get prompted for your name, and so on. After all that, you can put the device back in regular connectivity, and you won't see the prompt to purchase.
This seems to be common to all Playrix games when they are free.
OTOH, once the free period is over, and you have the full version, you also won't be prompted for purchase. It's just how they do their games. They are all similar, but also all pretty fun if you like match 3s.

GameCenter ID : oldestgamer
04-28-2012, 07:59 AM
ACCOUNT CLOSED: Officially Quit iOS Gaming
Quote:
Originally Posted by pluto6 View Post
To avoid the button that prompts for purchase, put the device in airplane mode. Start the game, you get a notification that the game can't connect to the iTunes store ( thats a good thing) and then will get prompted for your name, and so on. After all that, you can put the device back in regular connectivity, and you won't see the prompt to purchase.
This seems to be common to all Playrix games when they are free.
OTOH, once the free period is over, and you have the full version, you also won't be prompted for purchase. It's just how they do their games. They are all similar, but also all pretty fun if you like match 3s.
Great stuff.

I wish I'd known this earlier, I got the free '4 elements hd' when it was listed but when I play it it asks me to buy it
04-28-2012, 08:17 AM
Nice to be able to pick this one up, too. Thanks for letting everyone know.
04-28-2012, 08:35 AM
Love these games
04-28-2012, 09:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mene View Post
I wish I'd known this earlier, I got the free '4 elements hd' when it was listed but when I play it it asks me to buy it
Just delete it and reinstall it using those instructions and it should work just fine. All you'll lose is some game progress.