Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 05-21-2012, 03:21 PM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by awp69 View Post
Somehow missed this one. Looked at a bit of the video. Would it be a fair comparision to say it's like King Cashing (guess primarily for the combat system) but with more of a story and other things to do?

Color me intriqued.
Both games are pretty fun to me.

Tower of Fortune is a bit more of a "roguelike" rpg to me.. You get to pick random perks on level ups, and you get items from random boss fights. The different items could yield more drops, or gives you life leech on attack, or many other effects so you can strategize which items to use. That being said..the game is still pretty much mindless fun for me in short spurts.

The main negative for me about this game is the amount of grinding needed to reach the later towers (and end of game). Combined with the permadeath..it really forces you to be careful on hard boss fights and the later you reach in the game. I'm right now grinding for the last tower floor..and its getting really old for me already... It would be nice, to me, to let you reach the end game within 2-3 hours at most. This way, I'd be more inclined to not care about death and start over and try different character builds.

King Cashing is about the loot drops and some gameplay variety to me. You can go through the "story", go for the endless boss fights, or play the survival mode. To reach the end didn't take too long for me..and since there's a leaderboard for minimum number of turns to take to beat the game..so you don't need to grind if you want to beat the game in the minimum number of turns. I like how the item drops affects the reels..but it does seem like I need to pay more attention for King Cashing, especially after getting item drops.

Both games are pretty fun though so if you like one..you may like the other as well. =) They're both different enough despite using the slots mechanics. Sorry for the wall o text..but hopefully it give more info.. =)
Old 05-21-2012, 04:00 PM
In Time-Out
iPhone 4S

^^ Thanks, tops2. Got it and really liking it so far. It is different enough from King Cashing to make it worth the purchase.

I like the perk system (although at first I stupidly didn't realize I was spending gold just to "refresh" the list). And love the Game Boy graphical style.

Definately a game that's nice to play in short spurts without having to remember what you were doing, etc. Also found one of the posts above is helpful if you're near death....the good ol' exit button. Might save me some frustration with the brutal permadeath mechanic.
Old 05-25-2012, 02:02 PM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), OS 4.x

If you die, do the areas that you've unlocked stay unlocked for your next character?
Old 05-25-2012, 02:05 PM
iPad mini

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puce Moose View Post
If you die, do the areas that you've unlocked stay unlocked for your next character?
Yes. You lose level and stats, gear, items, and equipment slots. You keep progress (unlocked areas), gold, and any of the camp upgrades/customizations.
Old 05-26-2012, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tops2 View Post
The main negative for me about this game is the amount of grinding needed to reach the later towers (and end of game). Combined with the permadeath..it really forces you to be careful on hard boss fights and the later you reach in the game. I'm right now grinding for the last tower floor..and its getting really old for me already... It would be nice, to me, to let you reach the end game within 2-3 hours at most. This way, I'd be more inclined to not care about death and start over and try different character builds.
Well put, tops. Couldn't agree more.
Old 06-08-2012, 05:11 PM
iPad 2, iOS 7.x

So I finally picked this game up yesterday, and I have to say this is pretty darn good! Only thing that's getting on my nerves is the stuns. Either I save my cash and risk getting a boss, or I'm blowing all my gold on the stun immunity items. If only there were a way to know if I was about to fight a boss before I entered an area, then it wouldn't be so bad. I just hate wasting gold on stun immunity when fitting lesser monsters.

Does anyone know if the equipment slots carry over after you die? I'm up to five now, and I dropped some cash on IAP gold to buy the last couple of slots, so I'm generally concerned if I wasted my money or not. If equipment slots remain unlocked for all futue games, then awesome. If not, then I think I may have made a boo-boo...
Old 06-08-2012, 07:08 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizard_Mike View Post
So I finally picked this game up yesterday, and I have to say this is pretty darn good! Only thing that's getting on my nerves is the stuns. Either I save my cash and risk getting a boss, or I'm blowing all my gold on the stun immunity items. If only there were a way to know if I was about to fight a boss before I entered an area, then it wouldn't be so bad. I just hate wasting gold on stun immunity when fitting lesser monsters.

Does anyone know if the equipment slots carry over after you die? I'm up to five now, and I dropped some cash on IAP gold to buy the last couple of slots, so I'm generally concerned if I wasted my money or not. If equipment slots remain unlocked for all futue games, then awesome. If not, then I think I may have made a boo-boo...
Of I am remember right the extra slots do NOT carry over.

I likethe high risk this game offers and feel like I'm really living on the edge when I get risky with it! Perma death is cool with me, it make the higher level wins that much better! I'm sick like that lol
Old 06-09-2012, 12:34 AM
iPad 2, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by bacon-N-eggs View Post
Of I am remember right the extra slots do NOT carry over.

I likethe high risk this game offers and feel like I'm really living on the edge when I get risky with it! Perma death is cool with me, it make the higher level wins that much better! I'm sick like that lol
Yeah, I found out the hard way not an hour after I posted that, lol.

I have to agree, the risk factor is definitely keeping the game exciting. I wish I was a little more informed befor I blew all that gold on equipment slots. I would have spent it all unlocking all the ads instead. Oh well, lesson learned.

What's everyone focusing on for the level up perks? If something with +attack or +defense comes up (my favorite is th one that adds to attack, defense, and luck), I'll grab that first. If not then I'll look for fury extension, or increased crit damage. If nothing else, I'll grab +5 max life.
Old 06-09-2012, 06:38 AM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizard_Mike View Post
Yeah, I found out the hard way not an hour after I posted that, lol.

I have to agree, the risk factor is definitely keeping the game exciting. I wish I was a little more informed befor I blew all that gold on equipment slots. I would have spent it all unlocking all the ads instead. Oh well, lesson learned.

What's everyone focusing on for the level up perks? If something with +attack or +defense comes up (my favorite is th one that adds to attack, defense, and luck), I'll grab that first. If not then I'll look for fury extension, or increased crit damage. If nothing else, I'll grab +5 max life.
Wind Dancer, ATK +3 and 50% chance that they attack twice! Best perk in the game IMHO

Then Stone of Alchemy, +10% gold with every win. After that is Lantern of Soul HP +10 with every win. Then last but not least because I only have four slots is Twisted Compass, 30% chance they attack themselves.

I have not won yet, just grinding the low levels for gold. Fun game, I need to play it more.... If I could just put Dungeon Village Down for my RPG-ish fix!
Old 06-17-2012, 07:27 PM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), OS 4.x

Lvl 22, just defeated 598 hp great reaper, using armor of thorn, boots of thorn, twisted compass, and will melter. Love the game, is awesome