Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 05-05-2012, 07:57 PM
iPod Touch (3rd Gen), OS 3.x

Fun little game, but it gets seriously grindy towards the end. 37k+ gold to unlock the last two areas would take several hours of grinding since the gold rewards don't really go up much in the later levels, and this game isn't worth the $10-15 IAP to get enough to unlock it.
Old 05-05-2012, 11:55 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

Greetings,

I just finished the game with all three endings and I am left feeling ... highly satisfied. In contrast to the many iOS games that are endless in nature, these ending sequences brought a nice sense of closure and completion to the effort spent in achieving them. The Lovecraftian element was likewise phenomenal. The effect that can be achieved with such low resolution is quite surprising. I wonder what kind of expansions might be in store for this game. Although I was able to complete it without IAP, I am considering making a purchase just to give some additional support to the developers - this game was that enjoyable!
Old 05-07-2012, 07:42 AM
Banned
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

I just noticed that this says it supports game center and it shows up in game centre but says "never played" ? Is this happening for everyone.
Old 05-07-2012, 10:28 AM
iPad (3rd Gen)

The game got a front page review today! Since I just discovered it I will leave my impressions in a few hours. So far it looks like everyone is digging it!
Old 05-07-2012, 11:03 AM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), OS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by retr0spective View Post
Greetings,
I just finished the game with all three endings and I am left feeling ... highly satisfied. In contrast to the many iOS games that are endless in nature, these ending sequences brought a nice sense of closure and completion to the effort spent in achieving them. The Lovecraftian element was likewise phenomenal.
Thanks for sharing those thoughts; that's great news! I was afraid that it was another "endless xxxx" style of game, and I've never really enjoyed those; I am much more satisfied when I can reach a completion condition.

Is there any kind of exploration within the battle areas, or does it just proceed from battle to battle? I saw that "12 tavern quests" were mentioned; are there any kind of non-combat quests (solving puzzles, etc.)? Any overland map/exploring within the combat areas?
Old 05-07-2012, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puce Moose View Post
Is there any kind of exploration within the battle areas, or does it just proceed from battle to battle?
You have to unlock the levels of the tower, that's the only "area exploration" thing you'll find there. But don't get me wrong, this game doesn't really need the exploration factor. (:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puce Moose View Post
II saw that "12 tavern quests" were mentioned; are there any kind of non-combat quests (solving puzzles, etc.)? Any overland map/exploring within the combat areas?
All the quests are based on the slots outcomes (like "make 3 combos" for combats or "get two lady's kisses" in the tavern, etc). Besides that, after battles you'll roll the slots to find what you got out of a chest and eventually you'll fight against thieves that show up to steal your money, sort of a minigame.
Old 05-07-2012, 12:13 PM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 7.x

While I know its comes down to luck for slot games..how long did it take for you guys to reach the end?
Old 05-07-2012, 12:25 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by tops2 View Post
While I know its comes down to luck for slot games..how long did it take for you guys to reach the end?
You said it first, it really comes down to luck. I opened the first three areas almost right away because i got a 900 gold spin. And it isnt juat the gold, another time I got a really really nicE sword that made fights that seemed way over my level very easy to win. But since every time you die all your items reset it does come down to luck most of the time.

Im only need to open thE final area and its taking some time now, i havent died in a while and got some nice equipment but I havent hit a big jackpot so the gold is acumulating somewhat slowly, its grindy but not excesive and its very hard to put down once youre hooked.

P.S. For an exact playing time ive put a little over two hours ornse on the game and have hit two "big" jackpots in said time.
Old 05-07-2012, 01:54 PM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

One thing that I realized and helped a lot to stop dying is the Exit button during combat. So if things start to go wrong, I just get the heck out of the battle! It's not like I lost a big investment and later on, it's much better to lose some gold than losing all progress.

Also, when fighting a hard level, it seems that a bomb can make all the difference. So I make sure to always have a bomb with me. But I don't buy any bombs while grinding. No use to waste them since they're pricey at first.

So yeah, much easier since I started to use the Exit button.
Old 05-07-2012, 02:32 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by multimage View Post
One thing that I realized and helped a lot to stop dying is the Exit button during combat. So if things start to go wrong, I just get the heck out of the battle! It's not like I lost a big investment and later on, it's much better to lose some gold than losing all progress.

Also, when fighting a hard level, it seems that a bomb can make all the difference. So I make sure to always have a bomb with me. But I don't buy any bombs while grinding. No use to waste them since they're pricey at first.

So yeah, much easier since I started to use the Exit button.
Dude thanks! I actually didnt noticed this in all the time playing! Thanks