Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 05-18-2012, 10:38 AM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivozzz View Post
What's the replayabilty? How many hours in the game? Any survival?
I haven't beaten the game yet..but I think I'm maybe 3 hours in (I did die on purpose for my first few characters). The progress at first isn't bad..but later on its a real grind to save up money to unlock the later stage (unless your really good at timing and can stop each reel on what you want). The game is the most fun in short spurts...it's repetitive in long plays...

One thing to keep in mind is death is permanent where you lose all your items and start from level 1 (like the rogue games)..but you do keep your money. Every level up you get to pick from 3 random perks. Its like Dungeon Raid or Solomon's Keep/Boneyard.. I guess the replayability is starting over and trying different perk builds. Maybe you can go full attack stat..or full defense attacks..or all crit..or however you want to experiment (again..like Dungeon Raid or Solomon's Keep).

Overall, the game is a lot of fun, especially for 0.99... It's got great charm to me. The dev seems good about updates so far since there's already been 2 content updates and the game hasn't been out that long yet.
Old 05-18-2012, 10:42 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Well I've been playing on and off for a couple of weeks now and I must have put in quite a few hours and still haven't unlocked the last area. I just keep playing the areas over and over again. I've got all the items the bosses drops and and bought quite a few of the shop items. It's the game I keep putting on if you have any spare time from 30seconds for a fight up to anytime you like. For 69p it's a steal.
Old 05-18-2012, 11:26 AM
iPhone 3G, OS 3.x

New update is out

3 new items to buy, and 3 new items to loot.
New fury mode animations, and a gold modifier that yields more gold the higher level you gain!

w00t
Old 05-18-2012, 02:04 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by x999x View Post
New update is out

3 new items to buy, and 3 new items to loot.
New fury mode animations, and a gold modifier that yields more gold the higher level you gain!

w00t
Rockin it too.
Old 05-18-2012, 04:01 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

Quote:
I played the game for 1 1/2 days. The first day I purchased it, I played for 1/2 a day and then died at the end of the day. The second day I played intermittently throughout the day and completed it late that night with all of the equipment. I have yet to go back and unlock all of the backgrounds. It was extremely fun to play and has great style but unfortunately little replay value to speak of. I don't have a specific number of hours to report but if you only play for a few minutes at a time, I could easily see it taking a few weeks to complete.
Old 05-21-2012, 12:21 PM
iPhone 3G, OS 3.x

I just died a second time... I was fully loaded on loots and was just grinding gold to open the $128k door... 128k... serious?!?!

All bosses are hovering around 750+ hp and I was only at 128. Got stuck in a stun and couldn't exit the battle to save my skin...

I want to play again, ToF was part of my daily routine for since it came out, but man am I discouraged. The grind for gold is not fun, and the recent update does not yield as much gold as you would hope for as it is supposed to increase gold drop denominations as you level. Paying 320+ to get into a match that only yields 120 gold makes the grind an extremely uphill battle, even if you're placing a bet on the treasure spin at the end of a battle.

Additionally, drinking beer should also increase per level as you gain more HP.

Might wait for an update before I play this one again.
Old 05-21-2012, 12:39 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

^ sorry to hear that dood. For me, it's a game I play when im waiting for my girlfriend when we go shopping. One where i can walk around without too much focus on the game but still be able to play. My girlfriend is a bit of a shopaholic, so...
Old 05-21-2012, 01:05 PM
Banned
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Somehow missed this one. Looked at a bit of the video. Would it be a fair comparision to say it's like King Cashing (guess primarily for the combat system) but with more of a story and other things to do?

Color me intriqued.
Old 05-21-2012, 01:31 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

^Not directly answering your question, but i like this more over King Cashing.
Old 05-21-2012, 01:43 PM
Banned
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Think I'm going to have to bite after reading the TA review and some of the app store reviews (in addition, of course, to the praise in this thread).

Funny seeing a two-star review on the app store that complains about the use of the slot-machine mechanic. Did they not read the app description?

Anyway, looks like fun and something that could be a good RPG-type fix when I just have a few minutes here and there.