★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Towers N' Trolls >>FREE<< Update Sale!

04-28-2012, 07:40 PM
Towers N' Trolls >>FREE<< Update Sale!

Towers N' Trolls HD >>FREE<< Update Sale

Towers N' Trolls HD has a big update now available on the iOS App Store.

Some of the new features for the Towers N' Trolls HD update include

- Added In-App Purchases (12 New Multi-Level Upgrades for your Towers and Base)
- Added New World with 5 New Maps to Challenge Mode (Mines of Doom)
- UI Improvements
- TnT now has 45 playable maps across 9 different worlds

Defend your kingdom from invading troll hordes in Towers Ní Trolls, the addictive quick-to-learn but difficult-to-master Tower Defense game, combining fast-paced arcade action with quick-thinking strategy.

Towers Ní Trolls features beautifully hand-painted environments and playful, light-hearted monsters from the Age of Fantasy.

Build and upgrade your defenses strategically to keep the monsters from reaching your castles. Employ ballistas, catapults, cannons, ice and lightning towers, even exploding powder kegs and noxious gas clouds to stop the trolls! Towers Ní Trolls updates the Tower Defense mechanic with active gameplay to keep you engaged and at the edge of your seat! With multiple difficulty levels, you can enjoy the experience as you like it, from Casual mode to Brutal, depending on your threshold for pain.

Brought to you by the creators of the console hits, "Toy Soldiers" and "Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance"

04-28-2012, 07:54 PM

04-28-2012, 10:05 PM
So, the non-HD version won't be part of the sale? Only ask because of the huge difference in file size (23 MB vs. 285 MB). Don't really need the retina support on my 3GS.
04-29-2012, 04:08 AM
Does the added IAP take away anything from the full game?
04-29-2012, 06:28 AM
Send a message via MSN to syntheticvoid
Hmm... Thanks for the freebie... But yup, with the size, it's nothing I'll keep on my iPod.
04-29-2012, 06:58 PM
Great looking, polished TD game. But it is not bringing anything new or fresh to the genre. After finishing a couple of levels I have the same feeling as I did with Elf Defense, like two weeks ago Ė been there, seen that.

But still it is a solid TD game with smooth animations and beautiful graphics - looks good, sounds good, taps good So if you are into the genre it really is worth trying out.

The biggest problem is the file size Ė kinda big for a tower defense game o.O

Favorites: The Quest Gold + expansions, Mission Europa Collectors Edition, Ascension, Jet Car Stunts 2, Junk Jack X, King of Dragon Pass, Kingturn series, Mecho Wars HD, Mini Dash, Mos Speedrun, Ravenmark, Sonic series, Fall of Angels, Highborn, Solomonís Keep / Boneyard, pixel art games, remakes and ports of classic games.
04-29-2012, 09:28 PM
Always love when a game that I bought goes free and adds IAPs.

Hurry up! Handpicked & Time-Limited App Store FREEbies & Sales
(Blog German-language; but you'll find all links, pics, and videos.)
04-29-2012, 09:57 PM

If you bought the game previously, the game should detect that and automatically give you all the maps in the game for free, as well as the new additional content that is specific to this update.

So in essence you are getting more game for no additional money.
People that have not previously purchased the game have to unlock the maps.

Agree that it is pretty large. That's what it takes to support Retina visuals on iPad3. We are working on upgrading the smaller (non-HD) version soon.
05-07-2012, 08:53 PM
Free again!

Favorite games: LittleWing Crystal Caliburn, Legends of Yore, Hook Worlds, Phoenix HD, DoDonPachi Resurrection, Spectral Souls, Bastion, Avadon, Dariusburst SP, Aquaria, King of Dragon Pass & Starbase Orion
05-08-2012, 07:56 AM
Perfect example of how not to do freemium. It costs 500 gems -- or 15-20 replays of levels you have already done -- just to unlock the second "world" which starts at level 6. You can get one 100 gems by liking on facebook and following on twitter, but considering you need 500 gems to unlock every world, challenge, and open field levels, that is insignificant. No thanks!

This isnt true freemium, its more like a light version since no sane person would ever do the grinding to finish this standard tower defense game without paying. I'm not sure what it would cost to unlock all the maps, but I'm sure its radically more than the 1.99 this game is worth.

Currently addicted to Clash Royale

Last edited by ArtNJ; 05-08-2012 at 08:51 AM.