★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Aurora Feint and papijump updates??

08-08-2008, 10:07 PM
Aurora Feint and papijump updates??

I just got a notification on the mobile app store that AF and papijump had updates.

AF finished installing and now has a new icon and runs faster. while papijump was installing my iphone restarted. And would not recognize either.

I come back and check the updates on my laptop and it says that there are no updates. however, after plugging in my iphone it did a quick sync it started downloading them anyways...

AF is now at 1.0.1.0
New Icon, sliding blocks is now much smoother, difficulty now 1:1 no longer letting you play 10 levels ahead, molten lava puzzle fixed, duplicate weapons fixed, low memory warning?, particle effects seem to be slow, AF music carried over while I replied to a text and locked my phone...,

PapiJump is now at 1.6.1.0.1
no noticeable changes

Since it's not up on Itunes yet I don't know what they fix put I'll post impressions soon

Last edited by VeganTnT; 08-08-2008 at 11:29 PM.
08-09-2008, 06:37 AM
Papijump fixed the issue where the accelerometer wasn't being detected during certain games.

Haven't heard anything about an Aurora Feint update yet, and my update page doesn't show it available yet.

Matt

08-09-2008, 09:25 AM
I notice PapiJump keeps now the luminosity, thats a good thing.
08-09-2008, 11:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattB View Post
Papijump fixed the issue where the accelerometer wasn't being detected during certain games.

Haven't heard anything about an Aurora Feint update yet, and my update page doesn't show it available yet.
Aurora Feint update on mine is showing:

-Massive frame rate improvements.
-Tons of bug and crash fixes
08-12-2008, 11:45 AM
Aurora Feint has been one of the most unstable apps for me, sooner or later it'll freeze up and have to be force-quit. Which is a bit of a pain since as you progress, it takes longer and longer to level up so you if it quits you have to do it all again.

I've also noticed other apps having the accelerometer issue lately, first in Papijump, but now in GTS Racing and Aurora Feint. Could it be something in the 2.0.1 release?
08-15-2008, 07:02 PM
whooley

there is a good chance that it just does that because the iPod is flat when you start the app
08-16-2008, 11:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by whooley View Post
Aurora Feint has been one of the most unstable apps for me, sooner or later it'll freeze up and have to be force-quit. Which is a bit of a pain since as you progress, it takes longer and longer to level up so you if it quits you have to do it all again.?
Yes, I had this issue as well, but at least for me it was fixed with the introduction of version 1.0.1.0.