★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

The 7th Guest (Universal) & The 7th Guest: Infection (iPad)---> FREE (May 1st)

04-30-2012, 07:03 PM
👮 Spam Police 🚓 [Original Poster]
The 7th Guest (Universal) & The 7th Guest: Infection (iPad)---> FREE (May 1st)

Last edited by goiMot; 04-30-2012 at 07:12 PM.
04-30-2012, 09:41 PM
Great. Thanks! Nice contribution to our interactive computer museum in our shirt pocket. Expands to 700 MB on iPad.

tA editor's review (2010):
http://toucharcade.com/2010/12/14/the-7th-guest-review/

Good reading. Wikipedia:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_7th_Guest

BTW the Mac version is free as well:
http://itunes.apple.com/app/the-7th-guest/id503936035?mt=12

Hurry up! Handpicked & Time-Limited App Store FREEbies & Sales
(Blog German-language; but you'll find all links, pics, and videos.)

04-30-2012, 09:41 PM
I don't know why I delayed so long on getting this, but hot diggity! I never got to play this when I was younger, I was rocking an old Apple + and a commodore 64 when I was in my late teens.

This makes me pine so so so much for the Kings Quest and Quest for Glory games to make their way to iOS. I think I'd die if they ever moved to the app store. At least the creator of Gabriel Knight is bringing a new IP to iOS..

Wow. Sorry for the tangent. Can't wait to load this up tonight, likely with a walkthrough close by, I remember my friends complaining about the difficulty in this one.
04-30-2012, 09:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by andsoitgoes View Post
I don't know why I delayed so long on getting this, but hot diggity! I never got to play this when I was younger, I was rocking an old Apple + and a commodore 64 when I was in my late teens.

This makes me pine so so so much for the Kings Quest and Quest for Glory games to make their way to iOS. I think I'd die if they ever moved to the app store. At least the creator of Gabriel Knight is bringing a new IP to iOS..

Wow. Sorry for the tangent. Can't wait to load this up tonight, likely with a walkthrough close by, I remember my friends complaining about the difficulty in this one.
Holy carp ,I could go for some quest for glory right now.
04-30-2012, 10:14 PM
Just got them as they went free. It'll be my first time playing this is a long time, too.
04-30-2012, 11:37 PM
Just when I'm thinking to get the Infection (price dropped two days ago), now it's free. Great!!!!

Ascension BeatHazard Carcassonne DungeonRaid ElderSign
GreedyBankers Helsing'sFire NimbleStrong PhoenixWright Poison TiltToLive
05-01-2012, 08:04 AM
Bought them when they came out (both the original and iOS) but great news for anyone who hasn't played them yet.

My Retro Gaming TV Show/Podcast: www.famicomdojo.tv

Now playing/loving: Magic 2013, Ghost Trick, iAssociate 2, KanjiBox, Warfare Inc., Newtonica, Wispin, Game Dev Story, Infinity Blade
05-02-2012, 02:53 AM
Does anyone know how much space you need to install this? Usually I need to clear double the file size..which would be like 1.2 gigs and I really don't know if I could spare that much.. Pressed buy on my laptop then pressed cancel download to put it on lay buy but I don't know if I'll ever get to actually download it. Shoud have gotten the Mac version as well. I'm an idiot. Sales over now though.
05-02-2012, 04:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tannorexic View Post
Does anyone know how much space you need to install this? Usually I need to clear double the file size..which would be like 1.2 gigs and I really don't know if I could spare that much.. Pressed buy on my laptop then pressed cancel download to put it on lay buy but I don't know if I'll ever get to actually download it. Shoud have gotten the Mac version as well. I'm an idiot. Sales over now though.
Universal's at 689mb installed.

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
05-02-2012, 08:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact-Psience View Post
Universal's at 689mb installed.
Thanks for responding but for some reason my iPad will never let me download a game with just the download size available. I tried downloading at 700mb free, no dice. Tried 1gig, nope, 1.5 NOPE. 1.9 FINALY. I had to delete about 12 big filed games, like machinarium, to download this.and then I played it and was like..meh...no matter how good the game was the response still wouod have been meh because after all that trouble..
I'll probably get into later though, when I forget about how grueling it was to download.