Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Other > Lounge

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old 05-05-2012, 02:11 PM
Sanuku Sanuku is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 10,935
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Der-Kleine View Post
So why not use, say, a bycicle?
Because riding a Horse does make you reach a Location faster then riding a Bike? Specially if you are full equip.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 05-05-2012, 08:26 PM
1337brian 1337brian is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: In My Head
Posts: 3,355
Default

BF2142 still looks better than this, and it's 5 years old...
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 05-06-2012, 02:13 AM
Der-Kleine Der-Kleine is offline
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 6.x
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: You'll get there eventually if you just go this way: -->
Posts: 5,276
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1337brian View Post
BF2142 still looks better than this, and it's 5 years old...
From this picture I found of BF2142 on google I can't agree...





But since you're the expert I'll let you explain how the first picture is much more impressive than the second.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 05-06-2012, 03:46 AM
LOLavi LOLavi is offline
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 5.x
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Finland
Posts: 8,375
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Der-Kleine View Post
From this picture I found of BF2142 on google I can't agree...

But since you're the expert I'll let you explain how the first picture is much more impressive than the second.
I think he means that CoD has had 5 times to pass those graphics and they haven't gone much further.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 05-06-2012, 06:37 AM
amaya0590 amaya0590 is offline
Junior Member
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 11
Default

Nice like this one ! gonna play it !
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 05-06-2012, 08:18 AM
Der-Kleine Der-Kleine is offline
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 6.x
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: You'll get there eventually if you just go this way: -->
Posts: 5,276
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOLavi View Post
I think he means that CoD has had 5 times to pass those graphics and they haven't gone much further.
Graphically I'd still call it an above avrage game (kind of obvious with the ammounts of money behind it), it's just less gimmicky than others (No, I am not talking about BF3 here).
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 05-06-2012, 09:49 AM
MidianGTX MidianGTX is offline
Senior Member
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: London, UK
Posts: 3,765
Default

The CoD series is all sub-HD anyway while BF2142 probably went up to God-knows-what with support for anti-aliasing and a bunch of other high-end enhancements that are obviously turned off in that screenshot.

None of this matters anyway since we're talking not only Black Ops here, but also Call of Duty and also Treyarch. Talk about the perfect storm.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 05-06-2012, 10:24 AM
1337brian 1337brian is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: In My Head
Posts: 3,355
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Der-Kleine View Post
Graphically I'd still call it an above avrage game (kind of obvious with the ammounts of money behind it), it's just less gimmicky than others (No, I am not talking about BF3 here).
Really it was more of a sarcastic comment all around. I wasn't talking just about graphics, gameplay too. When I first saw the trailer I said "dang I've already played this, 5 years ago!"

I'd rather just wait for 2143 when it drops..
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 05-06-2012, 10:27 AM
1337brian 1337brian is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: In My Head
Posts: 3,355
Default

But the graphics don't look THAT much better comparing a 5 yo game screenshot which also has everything turned down/off to your trailer screenshot... Search up 2142 HD gameplay images...
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 05-06-2012, 10:46 AM
Der-Kleine Der-Kleine is offline
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 6.x
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: You'll get there eventually if you just go this way: -->
Posts: 5,276
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1337brian View Post
Really it was more of a sarcastic comment all around. I wasn't talking just about graphics, gameplay too. When I first saw the trailer I said "dang I've already played this, 5 years ago!"

I'd rather just wait for 2143 when it drops..
from the interviews it did sound like they were atleast trying to do somethign different with multiple endings (and hey, it's not a BioWare game from 2012!) and these strike force missions (I think that's what they called them)
Reply With Quote

Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright 2012, TouchArcade.com, LLC.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2008 - 2011, TouchArcade.com. Privacy Policy / DMCA Copyright Agent