Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 01-16-2013, 04:39 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by _retro_reactive View Post
I am new to this game. Been playing only a week. And I don't have knowledge of the KOF lingo used here. But I have several questions and comments here. I bought all the icons in the shop but 3 are missing why is that? Also how do you get catch phrases? Also on the achievements what is "rivals are registered in ranked versus". I have a hard time with the challenges but how do you do the 500 dmg with chin? I can't seem to do long combos but I suppose that's just because of my inexperience. The word "Decide" is spelled wrong when you go in a vs match when you are waiting for rival like let's say in challenge when it says "here comes a challenger" the next screen that shows up giving you 10 secs to press decide its spelled wrong. Claw iori seems so useless but classic iori has a lot of mobility. I'm not fond of vs because all they do is spam freaking fireballs of any character that has a ranged ability. Also I main Athena, Kula, and my third is classic iori, nest kyo, or kensou. Any tips for kula? I usually dominate with layspin+crowbite but I would like to know how to be more diverse with her. I can't seem to ever get close enough to do normal attacks. But that's why I like these gap closers and then drive canceling a lot. Also how do stuns happen? Just randomly? Also there are some stupid moves I can't seem to connect. Usually it's any move that's back+k in the air. I know my questions and comments are all over the place but I was writing as I was thinking haha. If someone can answer my questions I will be so grateful.
Well for one thing, Athena's fireball game is pretty good in this and she has little recovery. If you're losing fireball fights with her, you're not playing her to the fullest. She has a move that reflects projectiles back at the opponent too (even Supers) that you should definitely learn to use if you encounter fireball happy opponents.

The long combos thing is tough. I'm not
Particularly good at them either but you can be really effective with 4-5 hit combos. It's actually pretty rare that I catch someone (or get caught by) a super long combo, but part of that is because I'm moving all the time. Learning to use fakes and the Evade are very important too and can help you get in against opponents.

The challenges are pretty tough some of them. I haven't done them all but some of them are pretty crazy.

The best advice I could give you is just KEEP PLAYING. This is one of those games that takes time to really get the hang of and there are a lot of really good players online who've been playing a long time. Try not to get discouraged. It's hard I know and it even happens to me too, but this is a truly great game and one that's worth keeping up with.
Old 01-16-2013, 04:40 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

Btw my GCID is DoctaMario if any of y'all want to play. Just add me and hit me up.
Old 01-16-2013, 04:52 PM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctaMario View Post
Well for one thing, Athena's fireball game is pretty good in this and she has little recovery. If you're losing fireball fights with her, you're not playing her to the fullest. She has a move that reflects projectiles back at the opponent too (even Supers) that you should definitely learn to use if you encounter fireball happy opponents.

The long combos thing is tough. I'm not
Particularly good at them either but you can be really effective with 4-5 hit combos. It's actually pretty rare that I catch someone (or get caught by) a super long combo, but part of that is because I'm moving all the time. Learning to use fakes and the Evade are very important too and can help you get in against opponents.

The challenges are pretty tough some of them. I haven't done them all but some of them are pretty crazy.

The best advice I could give you is just KEEP PLAYING. This is one of those games that takes time to really get the hang of and there are a lot of really good players online who've been playing a long time. Try not to get discouraged. It's hard I know and it even happens to me too, but this is a truly great game and one that's worth keeping up with.
Ha I know Athena's moves but I mean when I play someone else usually people spam the same moves that's that's so annoying. Ive had people spam Athena's ball all game long then when I get close enough they use sword. Or use kings ball as well it's so annoying. Do you know about the catch phrases or the missing icons?
Old 01-16-2013, 04:57 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by _retro_reactive View Post
Ha I know Athena's moves but I mean when I play someone else usually people spam the same moves that's that's so annoying. Ive had people spam Athena's ball all game long then when I get close enough they use sword. Or use kings ball as well it's so annoying. Do you know about the catch phrases or the missing icons?
Well I play King and she's more of a zoning character so it's more in her nature to play like that. Athena too I guess but she's better at it than King is.

The catchphrases are the message packs in the shop mode.
Old 01-16-2013, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctaMario View Post
Well I play King and she's more of a zoning character so it's more in her nature to play like that. Athena too I guess but she's better at it than King is.

The catchphrases are the message packs in the shop mode.
Yea but I bought the message and icon packs but I don't have them all. Why is that
Old 01-20-2013, 05:25 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

That I couldn't tell you. If you bought them they should be there. I dunno I'm stumped.
Old 01-28-2013, 05:21 PM

Catchphrases are actually found at Record>my card> catchphrase. You'll unlock these when certain conditions are met. For example, catchphrase "Super Tomboy" can be unlocked by playing as yuri 30 times(challenges and training don't count). I hope this helps you out and anyone else who were wondering. I'm new to the forums, so hello and add me on Game Center ( ChiLLitsWiLL) if you wanna have a friendly battle.��
Old 02-02-2013, 08:58 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Send a message via MSN to CaptYadierPR Send a message via Skype™ to CaptYadierPR

Someone uploaded this

Youtube link | Pop Up
Old 02-02-2013, 02:17 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Send a message via MSN to CaptYadierPR Send a message via Skype™ to CaptYadierPR

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptYadierPR View Post
Someone uploaded this

Youtube link | Pop Up
This video is just something else OMG wow.
Old 02-03-2013, 03:48 AM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

I only watched the first 5 minutes but yeah, that's some fantastic stuff! The Ash combo was insane! xD

I wonder if that's that same video that made it onto SRK.