Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 10-05-2013, 09:40 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 7.x

Just started playing this game again. Such a pity that no one plays this game anymore. If only SNK released an update with support for Retina, animated stages and some other things...
Old 10-05-2013, 03:30 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaroFN View Post
Just started playing this game again. Such a pity that no one plays this game anymore. If only SNK released an update with support for Retina, animated stages and some other things...
Yeah I always thought this was a better game than Volt in a lot of ways. There are still people who play but they're all REALLY good.
Old 10-05-2013, 04:10 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctaMario View Post
Yeah I always thought this was a better game than Volt in a lot of ways. There are still people who play but they're all REALLY good.
Yeah. Some time ago I played with a guy that was quite good with Leona. In some of the matches he selected her as first character and I couldn't even win a round

And I agree about this game being better than Volt. Lot of content, better graphics, no mashed Ultra with crazy invinc... Just a pity that's dead.

Not so long ago they released Samurai Shodown II, so they are still interested in the mobile platform. Maybe there's a way to make them update this game. Retina graphics, iPhone 5 screen support, iCloud, animated stages, better netcode and juggle (maybe it's just me, but I feel like Kula and other characters don't have the combo potential they have in console version) would be enough to revive this game. And back on joystick instead of K to faint Gekiken.
Old 10-05-2013, 04:40 PM
iPad (4th Gen)

Quote:
I still have it and play it occasionally. I agree that the devs should update it, that would be nice!
Old 10-05-2013, 07:49 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Yeah. Some time ago I played with a guy that was quite good with Leona. In some of the matches he selected her as first character and I couldn't even win a round

And I agree about this game being better than Volt. Lot of content, better graphics, no mashed Ultra with crazy invinc... Just a pity that's dead.

Not so long ago they released Samurai Shodown II, so they are still interested in the mobile platform. Maybe there's a way to make them update this game. Retina graphics, iPhone 5 screen support, iCloud, animated stages, better netcode and juggle (maybe it's just me, but I feel like Kula and other characters don't have the combo potential they have in console version) would be enough to revive this game. And back on joystick instead of K to faint Gekiken.
I kinda quit playing because the HD mechanic was frustrating. I'd be playing against someone who'd KO one of my characters with a ToD off one hit confirm and I got tired of going out that way. It's fun coming up with your own HD combos though and I still really enjoy the pacing of the game. There's a lot less safe stuff here than in SF4.

There are still a few characters they could add to the game, but SNKP is usually behind the curve on things. The fact that KoFXIII is only just now getting a PC release seems ridiculous.
Old 10-06-2013, 05:34 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 7.x

Quote:
I kinda quit playing because the HD mechanic was frustrating. I'd be playing against someone who'd KO one of my characters with a ToD off one hit confirm and I got tired of going out that way. It's fun coming up with your own HD combos though and I still really enjoy the pacing of the game. There's a lot less safe stuff here than in SF4.

There are still a few characters they could add to the game, but SNKP is usually behind the curve on things. The fact that KoFXIII is only just now getting a PC release seems ridiculous.
lol Tell me about it. I main Shen and he has easy combos, with HD or without, that deal A LOT of damage. But I still find the HD system to be fun and rewarding, kinda like the custom combos in SFA but without "infinites".
Old 10-06-2013, 11:58 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Send a message via MSN to CaptYadierPR Send a message via Skype™ to CaptYadierPR

Quote:
lol Tell me about it. I main Shen and he has easy combos, with HD or without, that deal A LOT of damage. But I still find the HD system to be fun and rewarding, kinda like the custom combos in SFA but without "infinites".
yuri, ash, and i think another char have infinites.

and many chars have easy 1k+ damage combos (no need infinite just 1 combo and your dead)
Old 10-06-2013, 01:08 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptYadierPR View Post
yuri, ash, and i think another char have infinites.

and many chars have easy 1k+ damage combos (no need infinite just 1 combo and your dead)
You mean the combo with the backdash fireballs with Yuri? I knew it was a long combo, but not THAT much.
Old 10-06-2013, 02:58 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

I think the HD mechanic needs to be nerfed a bit. Being able to get 100+% regardless is kinda crazy. And if you've been saving meter it's easy to do. All you have to do is get one hit confirm and not drop the combo.

I really think the HD/Max thing kills the game's pacing. I've seen matches where there's some great footsies going on and it's really exciting, but then someone catches an HD/Max combo and it's like Marvel.

I think KoFXIII is the best fighting game of its generation, but the HD/Max mechanic is too much of a reward for very little risk.
Old 10-07-2013, 10:21 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 7.x

Quote:
I think the HD mechanic needs to be nerfed a bit. Being able to get 100+% regardless is kinda crazy. And if you've been saving meter it's easy to do. All you have to do is get one hit confirm and not drop the combo.

I really think the HD/Max thing kills the game's pacing. I've seen matches where there's some great footsies going on and it's really exciting, but then someone catches an HD/Max combo and it's like Marvel.

I think KoFXIII is the best fighting game of its generation, but the HD/Max mechanic is too much of a reward for very little risk.
I haven't played this game a lot, but so far I don't think HD needs a nerf. Maybe slightly nerf damage for all attacks while in HD, but that's all. Most of the time the match ends before you can even start a HD combo since normal combos and combos with Drive Cancel are already very powerful.