★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
10-05-2013, 04:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctaMario View Post
Yeah I always thought this was a better game than Volt in a lot of ways. There are still people who play but they're all REALLY good.
Yeah. Some time ago I played with a guy that was quite good with Leona. In some of the matches he selected her as first character and I couldn't even win a round

And I agree about this game being better than Volt. Lot of content, better graphics, no mashed Ultra with crazy invinc... Just a pity that's dead.

Not so long ago they released Samurai Shodown II, so they are still interested in the mobile platform. Maybe there's a way to make them update this game. Retina graphics, iPhone 5 screen support, iCloud, animated stages, better netcode and juggle (maybe it's just me, but I feel like Kula and other characters don't have the combo potential they have in console version) would be enough to revive this game. And back on joystick instead of K to faint Gekiken.
10-05-2013, 04:40 PM
Joined: Apr 2010
Location: California, USA
Posts: 3,847
Quote:
Originally Posted by VaroFN View Post
Just started playing this game again. Such a pity that no one plays this game anymore. If only SNK released an update with support for Retina, animated stages and some other things...
I still have it and play it occasionally. I agree that the devs should update it, that would be nice!

10-05-2013, 07:49 PM
Joined: Mar 2011
Location: Nashville, TN
Posts: 1,392
Quote:
Originally Posted by VaroFN View Post
Yeah. Some time ago I played with a guy that was quite good with Leona. In some of the matches he selected her as first character and I couldn't even win a round

And I agree about this game being better than Volt. Lot of content, better graphics, no mashed Ultra with crazy invinc... Just a pity that's dead.

Not so long ago they released Samurai Shodown II, so they are still interested in the mobile platform. Maybe there's a way to make them update this game. Retina graphics, iPhone 5 screen support, iCloud, animated stages, better netcode and juggle (maybe it's just me, but I feel like Kula and other characters don't have the combo potential they have in console version) would be enough to revive this game. And back on joystick instead of K to faint Gekiken.
I kinda quit playing because the HD mechanic was frustrating. I'd be playing against someone who'd KO one of my characters with a ToD off one hit confirm and I got tired of going out that way. It's fun coming up with your own HD combos though and I still really enjoy the pacing of the game. There's a lot less safe stuff here than in SF4.

There are still a few characters they could add to the game, but SNKP is usually behind the curve on things. The fact that KoFXIII is only just now getting a PC release seems ridiculous.

"Adam is the TenOnez of country music."-Mooken
10-06-2013, 05:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctaMario View Post
I kinda quit playing because the HD mechanic was frustrating. I'd be playing against someone who'd KO one of my characters with a ToD off one hit confirm and I got tired of going out that way. It's fun coming up with your own HD combos though and I still really enjoy the pacing of the game. There's a lot less safe stuff here than in SF4.

There are still a few characters they could add to the game, but SNKP is usually behind the curve on things. The fact that KoFXIII is only just now getting a PC release seems ridiculous.
lol Tell me about it. I main Shen and he has easy combos, with HD or without, that deal A LOT of damage. But I still find the HD system to be fun and rewarding, kinda like the custom combos in SFA but without "infinites".
10-06-2013, 11:58 AM
Joined: Mar 2012
Location: Puerto Rico
Posts: 1,774
Send a message via MSN to CaptYadierPR Send a message via Skype™ to CaptYadierPR
Quote:
Originally Posted by VaroFN View Post
lol Tell me about it. I main Shen and he has easy combos, with HD or without, that deal A LOT of damage. But I still find the HD system to be fun and rewarding, kinda like the custom combos in SFA but without "infinites".
yuri, ash, and i think another char have infinites.

and many chars have easy 1k+ damage combos (no need infinite just 1 combo and your dead)

GC (iphone) - xXcaptyadierXx-------Youtube User - GoldVivi
Main SFxT: Nina and Chun-li--------Main Volt: Viper n Chun-Li
KOF: Takuma, Duolon, Elizabeth------------SSFIV AE 2012: Juri n Rose
Viper's Best Options SpreadSheet: Link
10-06-2013, 01:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptYadierPR View Post
yuri, ash, and i think another char have infinites.

and many chars have easy 1k+ damage combos (no need infinite just 1 combo and your dead)
You mean the combo with the backdash fireballs with Yuri? I knew it was a long combo, but not THAT much.
10-06-2013, 02:58 PM
Joined: Mar 2011
Location: Nashville, TN
Posts: 1,392
I think the HD mechanic needs to be nerfed a bit. Being able to get 100+% regardless is kinda crazy. And if you've been saving meter it's easy to do. All you have to do is get one hit confirm and not drop the combo.

I really think the HD/Max thing kills the game's pacing. I've seen matches where there's some great footsies going on and it's really exciting, but then someone catches an HD/Max combo and it's like Marvel.

I think KoFXIII is the best fighting game of its generation, but the HD/Max mechanic is too much of a reward for very little risk.
10-07-2013, 10:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctaMario View Post
I think the HD mechanic needs to be nerfed a bit. Being able to get 100+% regardless is kinda crazy. And if you've been saving meter it's easy to do. All you have to do is get one hit confirm and not drop the combo.

I really think the HD/Max thing kills the game's pacing. I've seen matches where there's some great footsies going on and it's really exciting, but then someone catches an HD/Max combo and it's like Marvel.

I think KoFXIII is the best fighting game of its generation, but the HD/Max mechanic is too much of a reward for very little risk.
I haven't played this game a lot, but so far I don't think HD needs a nerf. Maybe slightly nerf damage for all attacks while in HD, but that's all. Most of the time the match ends before you can even start a HD combo since normal combos and combos with Drive Cancel are already very powerful.
10-07-2013, 10:06 PM
Joined: Mar 2011
Location: Nashville, TN
Posts: 1,392
Quote:
Originally Posted by VaroFN View Post
I haven't played this game a lot, but so far I don't think HD needs a nerf. Maybe slightly nerf damage for all attacks while in HD, but that's all. Most of the time the match ends before you can even start a HD combo since normal combos and combos with Drive Cancel are already very powerful.
I think the maximum combo should be 70-80% but that's just my opinion. You can catch someone with a low jab and it can be all over if you've stockpiled enough meter which can be pretty easy if you've got the right right character on point. The good combos aren't easy to do but I still think it throws off the risk/reward aspect of the game. It's not as bad as Ultras in SF4 but at least those don't have OHKO potential like the HD/Max combos do.
10-08-2013, 05:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctaMario View Post
I think the maximum combo should be 70-80% but that's just my opinion. You can catch someone with a low jab and it can be all over if you've stockpiled enough meter which can be pretty easy if you've got the right right character on point. The good combos aren't easy to do but I still think it throws off the risk/reward aspect of the game. It's not as bad as Ultras in SF4 but at least those don't have OHKO potential like the HD/Max combos do.
I just got my first online 100% HD combo with Shen, and you want to kill that feeling?

I'd say that a balance patch for the cast is way more needed than a HD nerf. Kyo is just too good IMO. I just won some matches where I was just dominating with Kyo, and I don't even know how to play him. His fireball game is too good, and the air super is OP. His low attacks have quite a good range, and he's great both at zoning and at close combat. Using Shen I always have to play offensive since he can't do much at wake up and work on mixups and cancel a Gekiken whenever possible to get some bar boost, since the only way to win a fireball battle is baiting for a fireball and use either EX Gekiken or EX Tatsu: Gekiken on reaction while being near midscreen, but with Kyo is just spamming fireballs whenever possible, and at close combat just mash things and after a blockstring of normals, sometimes SRK, and all that while performing easy high damage combos.

Some time ago whie reading this thread I also heard things about Athena being too OP, but I haven't meet any player using her. And then Andy seems to have a crazy fireball/SRK game, but the only time I played vs one at online was when I delivered that 100% combo with Shen. Throwing a fireball at the start of a match is never a good idea