• Publisher: SNK PLAYMORE
  • Genre: Arcade
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 716.8 MB
  • Version: 1.0.4
  • Price: $2.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: KOF-i 2012 is currently available at a reduced price! Don't miss out on this amazing opportunity!!
"NESTS-Style KYO" and "IORI with the Power of Flames" extra characters are available at the small price of $0.99 each!! Don't miss out on this amazing opportunity!!
------------------
* If you have one of the following devices, please go to the download screen for "KOF-i 2012" from your device in order to download a compatible version of the application.

Relevant devices:
iPhone 3GS
iPod Touch (3rd gen.)
iPod Touch (4th gen.)
iPad (1st gen.)
------------------
* The problem of compatibility with the Bluetooth funtion on iPhone 5S can be avoided by updating to iOS 7.0.3.
------------------

32 playable characters!! Fight against the strongest players from all over via Wi-Fi Network!! 6 different game modes available in SINGLE MODE to enjoy the game for hours and hours even alone! Simple Commands allow to easily perform any type of combo!
The 2D versus fighting game KOF-i returns on iPhone / iPod touch with tons of new content like never before!!

VS BATTLES FROM ALL OVER VIA WI-FI
A"RANK VERSUS" Mode, in which your player ranking changes depending on your number of victories and losses, as well as a FRIEND VERSUS Mode, where your rank is not reflected, are available.
Challenge the strongest players from all over!

NEW CHARACTERS, NEW TEAMS
In addition to the characters from he previous installment, the 4 new ART OF FIGHTING, PSYCHO SOLDIER, KIM, and IKARI teams (12 new characters), join the cast of "KOF-i!! You can now create your favorite team from this formidable roster of 32 fighters!

A SINGLE-PLAYER MODE RICH IN CONTENT
6 game modes are available for thousands of hours of enjoyment even when playing alone: SINGLE BATTLE for 1-on-1 fights, TEAM BATTLE for classic KOF 3-on-3 gameplay, ENDLESS Mode to defeat as many opponents as possible with one character, "CHALLENGE" Mode to clear trials by fulfilling requirements, the newly introduced "TIME ATTACK" Mode to compete for the best clear times by winning 10 matches, and TRAINING Mode to get accustomed to the Virtual Pad-based controls and practice your combos.

SIMPLE COMMANDS
The Virtual Pad recreates perfectly reproduces KOFs smooth controls. Even novice players in fighting games will be able to release various Special Moves, Super Special Moves, NEOMAX Super Special Moves, and other complex moves in one touch. With the Simple Commands, you can easily perform many of the game's fancy combos!!
*Please refer to "TUTORIAL" Mode for an explanation of these commands.

ADDITION OF TONS OF NEW TRADING CARDS, ILLUSTRATIONS, AND OTHER EXTRA CONTENT
Plenty of new Trading Cards (that can be acquired by using points earned during gameplay) along with new Illustrations (which can be viewed at any time by fulfilling certain conditions) have been added to this latest release! Moreover, "KOF-i 2012" includes rough sketches and illustrations that can only be seen here, which fans cannot afford to miss!

SIMULTANEOUS RELEASE OFADDITIONAL CHARACTERS
2 additional characters, NESTS-Style KYO and IORI with the Power of Flames are available to download! (paid DLC)

kerberospkg's comments:

4 new teams, WiFi Rank Versus added!
DLC "Nests-Style Kyo", "Iori with the Power of Flames" $1.99 for each
http://game.snkplaymore.co.jp/game/i...i2012/english/

05-16-2012, 06:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fffan7777 View Post
Playing Volt game me very good fundamentals to KOF. A lot of skills that I use on Volt is still relevant to this game. The huge difference between the two is that SF4 has FA and KOF has rolls. So if your game revolves around doing lots of FAs on SF4, then yea, the logic will not really work out. Both games have characters with fireballs and it's no different in how you should handle them. It's all about mind games when fighting against one.

The huge hurdle is learning all the matchups again and knowing what's punishable or not.

As for the trials, they are all executable but many of them are just impractical.
To a certain degree I agree, but the footsies game in KoF is a bit more complicated than it is in SF4. You can't just lock someone down with some ridiculous spamming strategy and expect it to work, part of this being because of how mobile the characters are. KoF's speed is another factor. I'm not saying that SF4 is completely irrelevant to this game, but things like being able to mash Ultra/SRK/whatever to get out of combos and such, something that's a big part of SF4 just doesn't work here.

Focus Attacks are a whole different story. I think the Evade button is a much better mechanic but that's all just opinion.

And I agree about the trials. If anything, it's a good place to start just to see what moves cancel/combo into what other moves.
05-16-2012, 10:09 PM
Gat Damn Weatherly, you've been doing some playing! Now that I know the connection is decent at my apartment, I"ll be playing a lot more so expect many more invites!

I'm still trying to get out of "Mash super cuz it works" mode with KoF haha! But those were good, albeit frustrating matches. Your Andy is a zoning machine. I was really having a time trying to get in.

05-17-2012, 10:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarlequinRogue View Post
App calls Andy the Akuma of KOF
HAHAHAHAHA! I could see how that's true!

I played a few opponents online last night that did a pretty good zoning job, and did some decent zoning myself with King. I didn't think zoning would be as viable in this game due to the Evade button, but it surprisingly is.

Who have you been playing as Harlequin? You're on the same server as the Japanese, right? I need to snag the Japanese version of this so I can play more folks.
05-17-2012, 05:24 PM
Currently Kensou, king and another third. Games are really hard to find in the Asia server and the lag is awful
05-17-2012, 07:02 PM
Quote:
Currently Kensou, king and another third. Games are really hard to find in the Asia server and the lag is awful
That's funny I would have thought games would be more plentiful on the Asian server. Sucks about the lag too. I've actually been able to play decent speed games on 3G here (and we're talking about iffy 3G too.) The connection isn't perfect, but it's quite playable.

I've noticed a lot of King players online lately. I started playing her a week or so ago and all the sudden every player I played seems to have King or Kyo on their team. She's really good though, I can see why she gets a lot of love.
05-17-2012, 10:55 PM
I haven't gotten a connection better than 2.

And I've run into people who have 0w/0l and 76% battle completion rate. wth?
05-17-2012, 11:08 PM
Quote:
I haven't gotten a connection better than 2.

And I've run into people who have 0w/0l and 76% battle completion rate. wth?
My guess is that they have "Battle Record Update" off. With that off, you can play matches but it won't show your wins and losses and it won't update your rank.
05-18-2012, 05:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TenOnez View Post
My guess is that they have "Battle Record Update" off. With that off, you can play matches but it won't show your wins and losses and it won't update your rank.
Seems pointless to me, but meh, whatever.

Can you actually play friendly matches on there if you don't invite anyone off your friends list or will it just time out every time like it does for me?
05-18-2012, 10:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctaMario View Post
Seems pointless to me, but meh, whatever.

Can you actually play friendly matches on there if you don't invite anyone off your friends list or will it just time out every time like it does for me?
I'm pretty sure it's possible, it's just that the few that purchased this game tend to stick to ranked matches without updating their cards. It's exactly like doing a friendly match search on volt where you can invite someone, or just push the top right button to find a random.

On a side note, I wonder if the admins can clear this empty pg.55 that's clickable yet it doesn't exists....