Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 05-16-2012, 06:46 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by fffan7777 View Post
Playing Volt game me very good fundamentals to KOF. A lot of skills that I use on Volt is still relevant to this game. The huge difference between the two is that SF4 has FA and KOF has rolls. So if your game revolves around doing lots of FAs on SF4, then yea, the logic will not really work out. Both games have characters with fireballs and it's no different in how you should handle them. It's all about mind games when fighting against one.

The huge hurdle is learning all the matchups again and knowing what's punishable or not.

As for the trials, they are all executable but many of them are just impractical.
To a certain degree I agree, but the footsies game in KoF is a bit more complicated than it is in SF4. You can't just lock someone down with some ridiculous spamming strategy and expect it to work, part of this being because of how mobile the characters are. KoF's speed is another factor. I'm not saying that SF4 is completely irrelevant to this game, but things like being able to mash Ultra/SRK/whatever to get out of combos and such, something that's a big part of SF4 just doesn't work here.

Focus Attacks are a whole different story. I think the Evade button is a much better mechanic but that's all just opinion.

And I agree about the trials. If anything, it's a good place to start just to see what moves cancel/combo into what other moves.
Old 05-16-2012, 10:09 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

Gat Damn Weatherly, you've been doing some playing! Now that I know the connection is decent at my apartment, I"ll be playing a lot more so expect many more invites!

I'm still trying to get out of "Mash super cuz it works" mode with KoF haha! But those were good, albeit frustrating matches. Your Andy is a zoning machine. I was really having a time trying to get in.
Old 05-16-2012, 10:58 PM
iPhone 4S

App calls Andy the Akuma of KOF
Old 05-17-2012, 10:35 AM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarlequinRogue View Post
App calls Andy the Akuma of KOF
HAHAHAHAHA! I could see how that's true!

I played a few opponents online last night that did a pretty good zoning job, and did some decent zoning myself with King. I didn't think zoning would be as viable in this game due to the Evade button, but it surprisingly is.

Who have you been playing as Harlequin? You're on the same server as the Japanese, right? I need to snag the Japanese version of this so I can play more folks.
Old 05-17-2012, 05:24 PM
iPhone 4S

Currently Kensou, king and another third. Games are really hard to find in the Asia server and the lag is awful
Old 05-17-2012, 07:02 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Currently Kensou, king and another third. Games are really hard to find in the Asia server and the lag is awful
That's funny I would have thought games would be more plentiful on the Asian server. Sucks about the lag too. I've actually been able to play decent speed games on 3G here (and we're talking about iffy 3G too.) The connection isn't perfect, but it's quite playable.

I've noticed a lot of King players online lately. I started playing her a week or so ago and all the sudden every player I played seems to have King or Kyo on their team. She's really good though, I can see why she gets a lot of love.
Old 05-17-2012, 10:55 PM
iPhone 4S

I haven't gotten a connection better than 2.

And I've run into people who have 0w/0l and 76% battle completion rate. wth?
Old 05-17-2012, 11:08 PM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
I haven't gotten a connection better than 2.

And I've run into people who have 0w/0l and 76% battle completion rate. wth?
My guess is that they have "Battle Record Update" off. With that off, you can play matches but it won't show your wins and losses and it won't update your rank.
Old 05-18-2012, 05:22 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by TenOnez View Post
My guess is that they have "Battle Record Update" off. With that off, you can play matches but it won't show your wins and losses and it won't update your rank.
Seems pointless to me, but meh, whatever.

Can you actually play friendly matches on there if you don't invite anyone off your friends list or will it just time out every time like it does for me?
Old 05-18-2012, 10:02 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctaMario View Post
Seems pointless to me, but meh, whatever.

Can you actually play friendly matches on there if you don't invite anyone off your friends list or will it just time out every time like it does for me?
I'm pretty sure it's possible, it's just that the few that purchased this game tend to stick to ranked matches without updating their cards. It's exactly like doing a friendly match search on volt where you can invite someone, or just push the top right button to find a random.

On a side note, I wonder if the admins can clear this empty pg.55 that's clickable yet it doesn't exists....