★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Galaxy Dash : Now, Multiplay is available!! (Version 2.1.0)

05-01-2012, 09:39 PM
#1
Joined: Mar 2012
Posts: 26
Galaxy Dash : Now, Multiplay is available!! (Version 2.1.0)

Hello, all.
Today, the Galaxy Dash is updated!!
The most striking feature is realtime MULTIPLAY.
You can play on local via BT/WIFI or online via GameCenter.
Also, you can bet some money for your race.

Currently, the price is FREE!!!!

Be a winner, and enjoy GD!!

05-02-2012, 11:44 AM
#2
Joined: Jan 2012
Location: Philippines
Posts: 22,198
Ugh... This game is pretty good. UNTIL YOU REALIZE YOU CANT GRIND THE WAY YOU WANT TO.

It has always been my problem with this game. The run mechanics are actually pretty good. The reward system is decent and pretty good, but the penalty system in my opinion is just stupid.

You cannot replay a mission effectively (supposedly in order to gain more cash for upgrades), because with the same setup as before, if you mess up, you are most likely to lose cash rather than gain them. Only option is to play the next mission. But once you are done with that, you have to move on to the next mission. It takes a lot of missions to gain enough cash to buy upgrades so you can replay previous missions in order to have an edge against your previous ghost.

Until this penalty system is REMOVED, this game is a total fail for me. It's like it's an indirect way to force you into IAP just to get that needed edge against your ghost.

Of course, this is just my opinion and impression on the game. And the reason why I am disappointed in this game, is that I want it to like this game so much. I will not complain this much if i didnt like it.

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
05-02-2012, 08:36 PM
#3
Joined: Mar 2012
Posts: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact-Psience View Post
Ugh... This game is pretty good. UNTIL YOU REALIZE YOU CANT GRIND THE WAY YOU WANT TO.

It has always been my problem with this game. The run mechanics are actually pretty good. The reward system is decent and pretty good, but the penalty system in my opinion is just stupid.

You cannot replay a mission effectively (supposedly in order to gain more cash for upgrades), because with the same setup as before, if you mess up, you are most likely to lose cash rather than gain them. Only option is to play the next mission. But once you are done with that, you have to move on to the next mission. It takes a lot of missions to gain enough cash to buy upgrades so you can replay previous missions in order to have an edge against your previous ghost.

Until this penalty system is REMOVED, this game is a total fail for me. It's like it's an indirect way to force you into IAP just to get that needed edge against your ghost.

Of course, this is just my opinion and impression on the game. And the reason why I am disappointed in this game, is that I want it to like this game so much. I will not complain this much if i didnt like it.
Thank you for your opinion.
My team has been concerned about the penalty system since you pointed out.
As you know, currently, the penalty ratio decreased.
You can guess there are lots of ways to win the race with ghost.
You may control the speed lower on the mission mode to win the next race(ghost mode).
Also, it's possible to buy a trail(not expensive, just ok, if it's for speed-up).
From this version, you can buy and use lots of utilities to win the ghost mode.

The reason of not removing the penalty system is to give gamers 'tension', and there have been lots of changes to make ghost modes easier.

Of course, it's not unwelcome to you, but still many people are enjoying GD with their own knowhow.

Last edited by monaco7474; 05-02-2012 at 09:10 PM.
05-02-2012, 11:22 PM
#4
Joined: Jan 2012
Location: Philippines
Posts: 22,198
Quote:
Originally Posted by monaco7474 View Post
Thank you for your opinion.
My team has been concerned about the penalty system since you pointed out.
As you know, currently, the penalty ratio decreased.
I know it was decreased, but it's still killing the grinding.

Quote:
You can guess there are lots of ways to win the race with ghost.
You may control the speed lower on the mission mode to win the next race(ghost mode).
...needs a consumable upgrade to do so.

Quote:
Also, it's possible to buy a trail(not expensive, just ok, if it's for speed-up).
...needs an upgrade to do so.

But these trails are much more necessary. BUT, after getting a trail, you can only replay and win easily ONCE. Because the next ghost will be your new completion time. Grinding is still pretty much stunted.

Quote:
From this version, you can buy and use lots of utilities to win the ghost mode.
...still, needs upgrades to do so.

You need to upgrade to get an advantage EVERYTIME. And since this game doesnt let you grind freely, all point becomes moot.

Quote:
The reason of not removing the penalty system is to give gamers 'tension', and there have been lots of changes to make ghost modes easier.
Right. Tension. Good luck with that objective.

And the changes that make ghost modes easier ALL REQUIRE CASH.

Quote:
Of course, it's not unwelcome to you, but still many people are enjoying GD with their own knowhow.
Im sure there are. But im also sure there are people just being silent but turned off by this feature. The game has been usually free, so saying a lot of people are enjoying can be an assumption.

Also, i did say this was my opinion.

The flight mode needs x-y reverse control options, but that's the only thing I care for until i delete the game.

Good luck with the game. As for me, im disappointed by the penalty system, and it's just looking like a milky IAP. Deleted.

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
05-02-2012, 11:41 PM
#5
Joined: Mar 2012
Posts: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact-Psience View Post
I know it was decreased, but it's still killing the grinding.



...needs a consumable upgrade to do so.



...needs an upgrade to do so.

But these trails are much more necessary. BUT, after getting a trail, you can only replay and win easily ONCE. Because the next ghost will be your new completion time. Grinding is still pretty much stunted.



...still, needs upgrades to do so.

You need to upgrade to get an advantage EVERYTIME. And since this game doesnt let you grind freely, all point becomes moot.



Right. Tension. Good luck with that objective.

And the changes that make ghost modes easier ALL REQUIRE CASH.



Im sure there are. But im also sure there are people just being silent but turned off by this feature. The game has been usually free, so saying a lot of people are enjoying can be an assumption.

Also, i did say this was my opinion.

The flight mode needs x-y reverse control options, but that's the only thing I care for until i delete the game.

Good luck with the game. As for me, im disappointed by the penalty system, and it's just looking like a milky IAP. Deleted.
I'm wonder if you are a developer or not.
I want to say that there are lots of specs should be concerned when a game is developed.

I know you just got this game with redeem code, of course not when it was on free promotion.
GD has not been usually free!
Actually, this game was paid app, but from this version, it changed to free.

Last.
Have you ever purchase paid apps or IAPs?

Thanks.