★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Captain IT
  • Genre: Strategy
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 8.6 MB
  • Version: 1.09
  • Price: Free
  • Average User Rating: 5 (3)
App description: Pwnz! a hybrid board/card game. Dont just trust your luck. Use tactics. Plan your moves. Climb the ranks. Be the best!

Key features:
- 1 versus 1 play
- 2 versus 2 team play
- Friends list
- Random opponent search
- Casual play option (maximum of 72 hours per game round so you can play when there is a slow moment in the day)
- Quick play option (2 minutes for each player to make move, for those who dont like to wait)
- Keeps scores
- In-game chat
- Mini tutorial and great help system providing hints and alerts during game play

Pwnz's comments:
Pwnz!

Online turn-based multiplayer board game, play 1v1 or 2v2

We believe that mobile gaming should be a fun and exciting social experience. The Pwnz app was created just for that and we think weve done a pretty good job! Try it out by teaming up with friends in private match or pit yourself against other players in a global match. See who has the best tactics in this game of teamwork, strategy and a little bit of luck!

Key features:
- 1 versus 1 play
- 2 versus 2 team play
- Friends list
- Random opponent search
- Casual play option (maximum of 72 hours per game round so you can play when there is a slow moment in the day)
- Quick play option (2 minutes for each player to make move, for those who dont like to wait)
- Keeps scores
- In-game chat
- Mini tutorial and great help system providing hints and alerts during game play

YouTube: video
05-02-2012, 02:53 PM
I've played quite a few games of Pwnz by now (did some beta testing) and I have to say that I like it better every new game i play. Kind of grows on you when the tactics start making sense

Give it a go, you won't be disappointed!
05-02-2012, 03:09 PM
Is this an unauthorized clone of the boardgame "Dog"?

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/2633/dog
05-03-2012, 03:21 AM
Hi David,

I never heared of "Dog" before, but when reviewing the rules of the game via the link you posted I noticed that they are different (albeit similar) from the rules in Pwnz. So it is not a clone.

And Dog seems to be a derivative of Pachisi, which has a 120 derivatives listed on the website you suggested (interesting website by the way!).

So I guess that Pwnz is just the next iteration
05-03-2012, 10:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Njipep View Post
I never heared of "Dog" before, but when reviewing the rules of the game via the link you posted I noticed that they are different (albeit similar) from the rules in Pwnz.
Can you describe some of the differences? I agree there are a lot of Pachisi variants, but this one also seems to use cards in a very similar way to Dog, but I'm not surprised there are some differences.
05-03-2012, 12:05 PM
Hi David,

I don't have much to go on since I don't know the game, but when I'm looking at the picture in the link you sent, the "switch pawns" card is the only card on the list which is the same in Pwnz.

The rest of the rules are not on that picture, so there might be additional differences.