• Publisher: Origin8
  • Genre: Puzzle
  • Device: Universal
  • Size: 28.8 MB
  • Version: 1.0.2
  • Price: $0.99
  • Average User Rating: 5 (1)
App description: "Tractor Trails really nails the fun factor" - Touch Arcade

"An addicting, colorful, and thought-provoking puzzle game that doesnt really have an equivalent" - Gamezebo

"Tractor Trails has a fun concept and great puzzle gameplay" - PadGadget

"A fun way to challenge yourself and your puzzle-solving skills" - Touch Reviews

There's a need... a need for seed! Help Red & Chuck puzzle out a path and plant as many trees as possible. Choose your moves wisely as poor ol' Red has no brakes to help him stop, so you'll need all your skills to cleverly navigate the challenging levels!

FEATURES

- 130 levels including enormous ultimate challenge mega-maps!
- New environmental features in every level pack keep Red on his toes (or should that be tyres..?)
- Collect corn to exchange for handy hints and power-ups!
- Upgrade Red's abilities - get a tricked out tractor and finish fields faster!
- iCloud support for keeping your progress synchronised across devices (iOS 5.0+ required)
- Earn lots of achievements & get your high score on the leaderboard using GameCenter!
- Awesome music & sound effects by Earcom!
- A universal app for all iOS devices!

For more information see www.origin8.com/tractortrails

Follow us @origin8 on Facebook, Twitter or visit us at www.origin8.com

Echoseven's comments:

05-02-2012, 06:08 AM
Instabuy

05-02-2012, 07:39 AM
Thanks for the thread, Echoseven I can't wait to hear how you all get on with the raft levels, they kept me up late a few times during testing.

Red the Tractor is on Twitter @tractortrails, so stop by and say hi, he's awfully excited about the game: http://twitter.com/tractortrails
Edit, brand new video trailer here:

SENTINEL 4: DARK STAR - Probably the best Tower Defence in the Galaxy
TRANSPORT TYCOON - The definitive version of the classic business sim
For more games and apps see the Origin8 website
Follow us on Twitter ● Like us on Facebook ● Circle us on Google+

Last edited by Repair Drone; 06-01-2012 at 09:29 AM.
05-02-2012, 08:04 AM
Congrats on the launch!

"@ColeDaddy - My wallet hates you. That is all."
Drummerboycroy
05-02-2012, 08:13 AM
This looks quite nice and I like this type of puzzle game. However there are probably quite a few great games with similar type puzzles on the app store already. Is there anything that differentiates Tractor Trails that would make me want to buy and play it?

Game Center: MarinasideSteve
05-02-2012, 08:19 AM
Instabuy as they say!
Good luck with this one guys!
05-02-2012, 09:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by s💩💩💩💩💩7 View Post
This looks quite nice and I like this type of puzzle game. However there are probably quite a few great games with similar type puzzles on the app store already. Is there anything that differentiates Tractor Trails that would make me want to buy and play it?
Please name which games are like this!? I'd happily buy them while waiting for tractor trails to hit my country's AppStore!
I've seen nothing like it, that's why I'm drawn to it. Seems very unique.
The only apps I could think of sort of similar, is those apps where you must draw a certain shape without going over the same line twice..cause it's sort of like that but way, way different. It's also sort of like zen puzzle garden, you have to move around in a line without going over the same place twice..but it brings so much more to the table. And it really isn't comparable..even though it has slightly similar core gameplay element.. But a hugely fresh twist on that gameplay element. I think this one will be a hit.
05-02-2012, 09:20 AM
Thanks for the gameplay video, Sanuku! How are you finding it - got to the more fiendish fields yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by s💩💩💩💩💩7 View Post
It's better!

Any games in particular you were thinking of? If you check Sanuku's video above, you'll see that the levels are split into five packs. Each introduces a new environment element that can work both for and against you. The base mechanic is incredibly simple (pick a cardinal direction, go), but clever layouts and environmental tricks lead to some real head-scratchers. For harder maps I also found myself playing on two levels - firstly, the pure puzzle of working out how to fill the map, then secondly a memory/twitch run to get the final time star that feels a lot more actiony and arcady.

We've also balanced difficulty and unlocks so that it should (hopefully!) be impossible to get completely stuck. You can IAP map unlocks and currency (corn) if you're impatient, but we intend every player to be able to keep moving forward without any extra outlay. There's always corn to earn which can buy hints. Of course, hardcore puzzle gamers will avoid using hints, but it's no fun for a casual player to get stuck so we've tried to cater to both playstyles

SENTINEL 4: DARK STAR - Probably the best Tower Defence in the Galaxy
TRANSPORT TYCOON - The definitive version of the classic business sim
For more games and apps see the Origin8 website
Follow us on Twitter ● Like us on Facebook ● Circle us on Google+
05-02-2012, 09:40 AM
From the trailer I thought it may be somewhat similar to some of my favorites like Temple Trouble or Talesworth Adventures Episode 2 (I highly recommend both of these) or perhaps Penguin Patrol. However from watching Sanuku's video, it is somewhat different. I will read impressions and reviews with interest.

Game Center: MarinasideSteve