Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 05-02-2012, 05:31 AM
iPad, OS 4.x

Default Conquest! Medieval Realms

Hi guys

our latest release has just hit the store! Although nowhere near as complex and in depth as our recent release Battle Academy for iPad, this universal app is great fun and aimed at the less hardcore strategy gamer. We think you're really going to like this one! I don't know how to make all the app info appear formatted nicely so if any moderators want to change this feel free to do so.

Conquest! is a turn-based game where the objective is to conquer up to 5 opposing players by defeating their armies and capturing their lands - to do this you will need to unite all of your lands, build up a powerful economy, and raise armies to defend the homeland and to take lands from your enemies. The game is set in medieval times and has a number of game modes available.

Conquest ! Medieval Realms, will be packed with hours and hours of clever fun-packed, brain-bending strategy gaming.

Features
  • Conquest! is a simple game to learn, but you will need strategy, tactics and cunning if you expect to defeat all of your enemies and rule the world.
  • Try your skill against 5 levels of AI in the conquest or skirmish modes.
  • Randomly generated maps give you billions of potential battlefields to fight on.
  • 9 different units in 3 different classes and 7 different buildings in 3 classes

Old 05-02-2012, 05:33 AM

Instant Buy...
Old 05-02-2012, 06:07 AM
iPhone 4S

Is this a board game? I can't wait for a video.
Old 05-02-2012, 06:12 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Looks good. You do know there are "hardcore" strategy players on iPhone and not just iPad? Perhaps you might give us a crack at Battle Academy one day?
Old 05-02-2012, 06:20 AM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

This game looks RIPE for asynchronous multiplayer. If the Dev could add this feature (with chat etc.) you would definately increase potential sales here.
Old 05-02-2012, 06:32 AM
iPad, OS 4.x

Thanks for the feedback guys. Multiplayer is on the wish list but didn't make the cut for the first release.

It has a lot in common with board games. Turn based & hex based and could be really fun on the tabletop. Now there's an idea

The reason we didn't release Battle Academy on iPhones is because we didn't feel the UI was easy enough to control in our tests. The screen space on the phone made things just a little bit too fiddly. Basically we didn't want to release something that wasn't top quality.
Old 05-02-2012, 07:03 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Can you not adapt the UI or is it to much work? Have you seen games like Ravenmark and it's superb UI?

I'm going to buy this.....but I would also love to buy your other games, I long for deep strategy. I have never seen the point in the iPad and I can't be the only one. I may have to resort to using splashtop to play your stuff but it's a bleedin fiddle.
Old 05-02-2012, 07:28 AM
iPad, OS 4.x

It wouldn't need to be reworked, as it all works, but we didn't think it worked well enough. The game was originally designed for PSP so is mobile friendly but the touch spaces becomes quite small and you tendd to have to do more scrolling on the phone. Maybe we are being too fussy. But at $20, Battle Academy is expensive for iPad and iPhone users would probably have a heart attack... at that price people expect something very special. We achieved it on iPad but we're concerned the experience would not be as special on iPhone.

Anyway we're a bit off topic. This is all about Conquest which has just released, so go buy it now
Old 05-02-2012, 07:30 AM

We want async multiplayer! Buying after this message...
Old 05-02-2012, 08:33 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

Instabuy...and...bought! Just told my brother about it, so now you have to add async multiplayer!

--DotComCTO