Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 05-04-2012, 01:21 AM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

can we maybe get a better hint as to what we have to do to get corruption? •••Spoiler:  is it during research... during distribution? i kinda figure its something with drug capacity genes but im just lost... tried adding all of them after the vaccine was released... no go, tried adding all of them during distribution... no go.. im just really dumbfounded on how to get it been trying all day

•••Spoiler:  wait am i supposed to level up a drug capacity during each phase of the research?

Last edited by DeWd; 05-04-2012 at 01:34 AM..
Old 05-04-2012, 01:39 AM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeWd View Post
can we maybe get a better hint as to what we have to do to get corruption? •••Spoiler:  is it during research... during distribution? i kinda figure its something with drug capacity genes but im just lost... tried adding all of them after the vaccine was released... no go, tried adding all of them during distribution... no go.. im just really dumbfounded on how to get it been trying all day

•••Spoiler:  wait am i supposed to level up a drug capacity during each phase of the research?
I kind of like this, all working together to find the answer I wish the traits were hidden until unlocked, personally.

•••Spoiler:  I think it's during the last phase of vaccine making, or production, because during both, adding symptoms etc doesn't drop the vaccine progress. I'm thinking it's related to Hypersensitivity, which slows production of the vaccine due to it's 'random' effects on the body.

I tried adding things during production, that didn't work, or during each phase. When the vaccine is produced, it specifically says that it was uncorrupted, that's why I think it's got to be during.
Old 05-04-2012, 08:57 AM

Well I can definitely say that you're on the right track.
Old 05-04-2012, 10:01 AM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

Is there some kind of quick tutorial for this. I have no idea what it going on?

The help screens were helpful on a 50,000 foot level,but don't really teach you how to play the game.

Thanks.
Old 05-04-2012, 11:56 AM
iPod Touch (3rd Gen), OS 3.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlkaufman View Post
Is there some kind of quick tutorial for this. I have no idea what it going on?

The help screens were helpful on a 50,000 foot level,but don't really teach you how to play the game.

Thanks.
The symptoms affect the infectivity (how fast the virus spreads), lethality (self-explanatory), and visibility, which leads to notoriety. A few of them have additional effects which are mentioned in the description. The supports affect how well the disease will survive in certain environments, and also the means by which the disease is transmitted. You buy these with the evo points you get as your infection spreads. The traits are unlocked with corresponding achievements and affect your disease in various ways which are described in each particular trait.

As people start dying and the disease gets more visible, the notoriety increases. Once notoriety hits a certain point, scientists will start researching a vaccine. Once the vaccine is created, people start becoming immune and it becomes impossible to win the game. So it becomes essentially a balancing act of keeping your disease low-key enough to escape detection while still infecting enough people to keep the evo points rolling in so you can make a durable disease that's lethal enough to kill the population before they develop the vaccine.

Hope that helps.
Old 05-04-2012, 12:42 PM

I had thought that with the instructions, and the self-explanatory nature of parts of the game, that a tutorial was unneeded.

I have a big update to the game I plan to have done by the end of the month, it will include a tutorial amongst other improvements.
Old 05-04-2012, 09:50 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

This game is awesome! I've wasted too much of the last 48 hours on it.

I've got a single technique that wins the game for me sometimes in the 350k points range in Madagascar mode, but I'm wondering if there are other, better ways to win.

Here what I do: I get sneeze, cough, snot, can't-piss, pink-eye and diarrhea as soon as I can, then the moderate climate capacities and bird vector. And deceiver trait! And endurer.

Then I wait. I wait till every region gets it, and sometimes they do. Sometimes there are a few annoying holdouts (I'm looking at you Caribbean, Greenland, Afghanistan and Madagascar!) and then I fail. Otherwise, it's a cakewalk to zombietown from there. Vomiting, hypersensitivity, insomnia, necrosis and spewer. Easy peasy, shit-puke-sneezy.

But is there a way to break the blockades, when Madagascar or Greenland shuts the port? Or is that the whole game, sneak the germ in before they shut the port, and then mutate and slaughter everyone?
Old 05-04-2012, 11:35 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

I answered my own question. When a region locks it doors and hides its daughters, just ease off, lower the notoriety. Disabling cough seems to be a powerful way to do that. Then when the ports reopen, splat!
Old 05-05-2012, 05:36 PM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 5.x

This game is sweet. I love the depth of information. It turns something quite macabre into something quite intellectual.
If you were thinking about new features, I'd suggest something akin to a challenge/survival mode, where you build the virus first then pick a start location and can't modify it from there. It'd be basically impossible to achieve total annihilation, but the challenge would be seeing just how far it could get. You could make it more strategic by letting players specify certain conditions (temp, climate etc) under which certain genes automatically activate/deactivate (because it seems a little unfair to be able to change it on the fly and suddenly give pinkeye to 5bn people)
Old 05-06-2012, 03:50 AM
iPhone 3GS, OS 3.x

i've been trying to get deceiver where u need to get 50M infections without a death, but it seems too hard for this as every few million infections there's a death.

oh btw i've selected genes with 0 lethality