App description: Be the villain! Eradicate mankind by designing and releasing your own disease on the world in this expanded and refined update to the popular game Pandemic 2.

- Select from dozens of symptoms, resistances and unlocked traits when customizing your viral, parasitic or bacterial classed disease.
- Adapt to government strategies as countries fight the spread of your disease by researching vaccines, grounding air travel, establishing quarantines, declaring martial law and much more.
- Show off the brilliance of your disease to friends with highscores and achievements courtesy of Game Center.

Game guide is now online at:http://www.darkrealmstudios.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=12

DarkRealmStudios's comments:

Pandemic 2.5, an expanded and refined version of my popular flash game Pandemic 2, has hit the App Store today for iPads, iPhones and iPod Touches.

So far the response has been great, but since this is my first commercial effort, I'm attempting to branch out and reach as many people as possible without spending money I don't have on marketing.

Brief feature highlights:
  • Create your very own custom disease and watch as it spreads across the world through the human population.
  • Combine real symptoms to produce the most infectious and deadly disease the world has ever seen.
  • Select from Viral, Bacterial or Parasitic disease classes based on your play-style.
  • Outmaneuver governments, health organizations and doctors as the human world tries to prevent the spread of your disease through vaccine research, quarantines, body disposal, martial laws and more.
  • Be opportunistic: take advantage of natural disasters whenever and wherever they may strike.
  • Unlock achievements and compare highscores will full Game Center support.
  • Purchase once for just $0.99, and enjoy the game on any of your devices.

More info and screens available on my site: www.darkrealmstudios.com
Link to Pandemic 2.5 in the App Store: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/pandemic-2.5/id483737492?ls=1&mt=8
05-08-2012, 01:13 AM
In the US top 25 paid and top 25 grossing. Congrats!
05-08-2012, 04:36 AM
Saw it on the front page and downloaded it. Didnt regret and now i am hooked

Now i can set out to accomplish what albert wesker failed to do: global complete saturation

05-08-2012, 05:06 AM
As a fan of the original flash game I think I'll have to get this one. (:
05-08-2012, 08:03 AM
Just a quick question... How do I infect people without killing them?
05-08-2012, 08:47 AM
Can someone explain what exactly you do in this game?
05-08-2012, 09:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wuzmaname View Post
Just a quick question... How do I infect people without killing them?
In the disease menu (bottom right), ensure to use genes that have as little lethality as possible. Drug resistance can also increase the likelihood of death.
05-08-2012, 10:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkRealmStudios View Post
In the disease menu (bottom right), ensure to use genes that have as little lethality as possible. Drug resistance can also increase the likelihood of death.
Thanks for that.

I've now succeeded in infecting all but greenland (and madagascar!!!). Because they subsequently shut down their port.. i've had to scale down the disease (which got them to open their ports again).

Now the problem I'm having is that they are curing themselves! Australia is entirely free from it, and I am no longer receiving evo points in order to ramp the disease back up (admitedly i went for the level 4 viruses - strong leathal non visible).

Any advice?
05-08-2012, 10:41 AM
Wiped my first humanity! It was on casual difficulty but my it felt oh so satisfying lol!

I thought the vaccine would came too soon but by the time they started distibuting it my bacterial disease was on every human and I guess vaccines only prevent but dont cure?

Im hooked on this game, there are very little games I install in multiple devices but I had to put this on my phone so I can procastinate discretly at work, great game and congratulations to the dev for the success!

P.S. it did take what it seemed like forever for the last human to kick it so a 20x or even 50x speed would be great to sim towards the end game.

Favorite games: LittleWing Crystal Caliburn, Legends of Yore, Hook Worlds, Phoenix HD, DoDonPachi Resurrection, Spectral Souls, Bastion, Avadon, Dariusburst SP, Aquaria, King of Dragon Pass & Starbase Orion
05-08-2012, 01:29 PM
Any chance we can get you to tell us how you did it?