Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 05-10-2012, 08:05 AM

I'm having a bit of an issue where I'll finish a game in which every region is infected and none of them show any healthy people left (i checked) yet on the world screen it says there's a couple million healthy people left somewhere. I wait to see until every region but one is forsaken yet there's some pocket of humanity buried somewhere I can't find.

Anyone else gotten something like this?
Old 05-10-2012, 09:24 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

I've played one time so far, on easy, and I think I almost wiped out the world. I say "think" because the one thing I was expecting at the end didn't happen. There was no "post Pandemic" breakdown. Just the message about how humans are hardy (paraphrased) and a score. Not even a piechart of the world's population, showing the losses. Unless I missed something. That's possible.

A breakdown by area would be even better. A way to save stats and info on your various pandemics that you can refer to would also be nice.

Overall, I liked it and look forward to future updates.
Old 05-10-2012, 02:13 PM

Colin that's definitely not a bad idea at all. I'll see if I can do something like that (even in simplistic form) for the 1.1 update.
Old 05-10-2012, 11:03 PM

Man, love this game. Battery keeps on dying though. :P

It seems yeah, the best way to wipe out everyone is to have an extremely high infectivity but low lethality and visibility early game, before all the regions are infected. Once that happens, it's lethality all the way! Did it in my sixth game and worked perfectly, though it only worked a few times afterwards. :))

I'd recommend that people take care when adding symptoms tho, and don't use up all their points right away. In my 4th game I focused too much on low lethality symptoms and ended up 8000 in-game days in and still not killing off everyone. In the end I updated my iphone and the game was wiped, so don't know what would have happened (Greenland closed its border on me in that game, but so did Madagascar at first and Madagascar actually opened up).

Anyways yeah. Also get Endurer and Mutator and Symptoms that close up hospitals, and Drug Capacity, all to slow down vaccine production.

Also if we can get rid of the flashy blinking blackness, that'd be great. @_@ My eyes hurt from it. Just the world map would be fine without the blinkingness.
Old 05-11-2012, 03:55 AM

Default Hope and confidence rekindling? Um, no

This is a fun one. I didn't *quite* manage to kill off everyone, but the human race is definitively doomed. There has to be a lower population limit below which the species can't recover.
Attached Images
File Type: png photo.PNG (136.1 KB, 5 views)

Last edited by DocCK; 05-11-2012 at 04:01 AM.. Reason: Too many uses of the word 'doomed'
Old 05-11-2012, 06:42 PM

Actually DocCK, that's something I'm going to be looking at adding into the 1.1 update: making the humans more vulnerable in the late game and generally speeding up the game once the player knows they've won.
Old 05-14-2012, 12:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkRealmStudios View Post
Actually DocCK, that's something I'm going to be looking at adding into the 1.1 update: making the humans more vulnerable in the late game and generally speeding up the game once the player knows they've won.
That would be awesome!

Btw, out of curiosity, do animal vectors allow transmission between regions even during shutdown? Say birds crossing the seas or mice crossing the land and stuff like that? I had imagined that would be the case at first, but apparently that wasn't the case. XD

If that is so, I'd suggest doing that. Maybe just a very low chance, but a chance would be cool.
Old 05-14-2012, 07:48 PM

Default Corruptor Unlocked

Corruptor Unlocked

For anyone who wants to know how I got it:

•••Spoiler:  
Normal Game - Virus - Starting Region: Australia

Started with: Conjuctivitis, Dysuria, Rhinorrhea, and Coughing
Got 1 EVO Point - Added: Sneezing
As EVO points incremented - Added: Heat & Cold up to Level 3
Once infection slowed - Added: Diarrhea

Got all almost all countries infected. Had to take off diarrhea for little bit to get Greenland to reopen shipyard. Got it infected & kicked diarrhea back in.

Notoriety went up, Research started.

As soon as it got to "D":
1. Removed all symptoms and added Hypersensitivity
2. Added all 4 Drug Levels
3. Got my sequence length to be 12. (Removed 1 Cold Support).

As soon as it finished "D", Corruptor unlocked.

In the end I had: Hypersensitivity, Cold I & II, Heat I-III, Moisture I & II. Drug I-IV for a total of 12. No traits. No animal/air/water type vectors.

Update: I'm 2 for 2 on this. I didn't know ahead of time you have to unlock Corruptor everytime you want to use it. 2nd time I had to add vomiting to get my notoriety moving faster. Same concept / "D" sequence. After the virus becomes corrupt I just crank back on more lethal symptoms.

Good luck to whoever wants it.

Last edited by hamsammich; 05-14-2012 at 08:28 PM..
Old 05-15-2012, 03:09 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamsammich View Post
Corruptor Unlocked

For anyone who wants to know how I got it:

•••Spoiler:  
Normal Game - Virus - Starting Region: Australia

Started with: Conjuctivitis, Dysuria, Rhinorrhea, and Coughing
Got 1 EVO Point - Added: Sneezing
As EVO points incremented - Added: Heat & Cold up to Level 3
Once infection slowed - Added: Diarrhea

Got all almost all countries infected. Had to take off diarrhea for little bit to get Greenland to reopen shipyard. Got it infected & kicked diarrhea back in.

Notoriety went up, Research started.

As soon as it got to "D":
1. Removed all symptoms and added Hypersensitivity
2. Added all 4 Drug Levels
3. Got my sequence length to be 12. (Removed 1 Cold Support).

As soon as it finished "D", Corruptor unlocked.

In the end I had: Hypersensitivity, Cold I & II, Heat I-III, Moisture I & II. Drug I-IV for a total of 12. No traits. No animal/air/water type vectors.

Update: I'm 2 for 2 on this. I didn't know ahead of time you have to unlock Corruptor everytime you want to use it. 2nd time I had to add vomiting to get my notoriety moving faster. Same concept / "D" sequence. After the virus becomes corrupt I just crank back on more lethal symptoms.

Good luck to whoever wants it.

Thanks, I was finally able to get the achievement
Old 05-15-2012, 10:30 AM

Just wait until 1.1 goes live! 4 new achievements / traits to discover