★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Skull Smasher by Gilded Skull Games (Universal)

05-03-2012, 07:29 AM
Skull Smasher by Gilded Skull Games (Universal)

"I am virgin, I'm a whore! Giving nothing; the taker, the maker of war!" - Black Sabbath, "I"

Last edited by metalcasket; 05-03-2012 at 07:39 AM.
05-03-2012, 08:48 AM
Is the music in the game?

ıllıllı ȼǥɲƹƮȿƹ˅ƹɲ ıllıllı
DEVELOPERS I ADORE
CAT IN A BOX QUANTUM SHEEP CS54 ONE MINUTE GAMES ELEFTHERIOS CHRISTODOULATOS RAVENOUS GAMES ORANGE PIXEL RADIANGAMES CAVE LLAMASOFT (RIP) MADFINGER PASTA GAMES TOUCH FOO KODE80

05-03-2012, 09:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CygnetSeven View Post
Is the music in the game?
Oh man, YES! and it is glorious.

"I am virgin, I'm a whore! Giving nothing; the taker, the maker of war!" - Black Sabbath, "I"
05-03-2012, 11:51 AM
music

Yep, the metal music is a huge part of the game. Finding a band like Hertzangst to make a custom soundtrack was a complete stroke of luck. They are amazing and totally unique in that they are an instrumental metal band. They don't have a vocalist...which makes their music perfect for a game.

Their songs have amazing names, not that you ever see them in-game. Here are a few song names:

Wrestling Kragknott
Attacking in Covens
Bloody Ambush at Century Lake
March of Deception
Break the Messengers Legs
Dead and Fearless
Armless Villager Aakien
Ground Dwelling Feasters
Assaulted on Horseback
Lost Leg Eaten By Wolves
Lumbering Thing Beckons
Thrown Down The Mountain
05-03-2012, 12:28 PM
I'm absolutely in love with the soundtrack because it was so easy to throw in some happy-go-lucky metalcore riffs and call it a day, but instead what we have here are some bad-ass, nitty gritty riffs that are so far away from being catchy. That's a good thing in this case, because when things get hectic and you can hear your heart pounding, the music starts taking a form of it's own and actually becomes a ****ing nuisance and a distraction (I love it!!!), making things even harder.

Hell... I'm in love with the game as a whole because it's a very, very ballsy statement in an overpopulated genre, and it just commands your attention. I'll be the first to admit that this isn't a Match-3 your mother's gonna want to play and that it's aimed at a very specific crowd, so kudos to Gilded Skulls for having the (steel) balls to release something like this.

Death to all but metal! \m/

Last edited by metalcasket; 05-03-2012 at 12:41 PM.
05-03-2012, 12:35 PM
I like the soundtrack .....
05-03-2012, 03:02 PM
a taste

Here's a link to download (or listen to) one of the music tracks from the game:

'Rotted Flesh Warrior'

This track is somewhat indicative of the rest of the game music.

If you'd prefer, you can listen to your own music while playing (and still hear the game sound effects...or you can turn those down too, if that's what suits you). Although, I'm not entirely sure why you'd want to do that.
07-18-2012, 02:12 PM
Leaderboards Reset!

Now's your chance to become #1 on the Skull Smasher leaderboards! Leaderboards have been reset for all difficulties.

EDIT: Scratch that. The original leaderboards are back! Carry on.....

Last edited by gildedskull; 07-18-2012 at 04:43 PM.
10-31-2012, 11:00 AM
Skull Smasher free for Halloween!

In a promotion with AppGratis SKULL SMASHER is free for today!

From AppGratis:

It's Halloween, time to turn this one up to 11!
SKULL SMASHER!!!

This one ROCKS...HARD. Seriously. I couldn't give y'all just any app to celebrate Halloween! No, I needed to find the nastiest, the most vile and HEAVY, bone-crushing app of unholiness! Skull Smasher brings the noise in a big way, AMPING up your Halloween with some devilish match-three action! Smash groups of skulls, rock out to an original heavy metal soundtrack, and decimate insane bosses with explosive power-ups! Skull Smasher drops ...no, it SMASHES from $1.99 to FREE!

Get it while it's free!

Follow us on Twitter and like us on Facebook for the latest Gilded Skull game information!
10-31-2012, 01:58 PM
This looks and sounds very interesting. Downloading and will play this evening.