★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: THE INVASION IS UNDER WAY
Earth is under attack and it's up to you to stop the alien invasion. Take control of the defense zone and destroy the invading army one ship at a time. Be careful though, the enemy fleet is full of advanced fighters and the grid's energy source is very limited. Do you have the skills and the strategic mind to stop the inevitable?

MASTER THE GRID
In order to preserve the grid's power source you have to connect the nodes manually to activate the laser systems. Precision and timing is of highest importance. One direct hit is enough to destroy the enemies so try to only activate the lasers when needed.

CLIMB THE RANKS
Gain experience for every destroyed enemy and climb the ranks to unlock new upgrades. Upload your highscore to Game Center and compete against the world.

FEATURES
- 60 FPS action
- Retina graphics
- Innovative multi-touch controls
- Ranking system with unlockable upgrades
- Adjusting difficulty level
- Leaderboards

Powered by Sparrow

Follow on Twitter: @SladanTrajkovic

Sladjan's comments:
Hi, my name is Sladjan and I'm the developer of Alien Defense Zone. This is my first official release so please let me know what you guys think.

05-07-2012, 04:07 PM
Promo codes giveaway

Right now I've got 5 promo codes to give away :-). Just reply or PM me and I'll send you one code.

05-07-2012, 04:10 PM
Looks very interesting, i wanna try it
05-07-2012, 04:24 PM
Thank you speed4mee :-). I hope you enjoy the game.

4 promo codes left
05-07-2012, 04:53 PM
I'd love a code and have to give you credit, I've never seen a dev rate their own game 3/5. Hopefully you are just being extra humble.

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews
05-07-2012, 05:07 PM
Thank you LordGek, just sent you a promo code. And regarding the rating, it looked so empty without one so a wanted to give it a "neutral" rating :-P. I hope you guys feel it deserves more :-)

I now have 3 promo codes left and it's getting a little late in Sweden (i.e. bedtime). You can still contact me and I'll send the remaining codes tomorrow morning.
05-07-2012, 05:17 PM
i would like to try it...

thanks a lot!
05-07-2012, 05:58 PM
Game Impressions

I've just barely scratched the surface and find it clever so far but would love more information on how the scoring works.

I personally think 1 finger play would be a lot simpler. Just touch a spot at the center of 2 nodes to have a barrier pop up.

My iTunes Reviews

Last edited by LordGek; 05-07-2012 at 06:04 PM.
05-07-2012, 06:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordGek View Post
I've just barely scratched the surface and find it clever so far but would love more information on how the scoring works.

I personally think 1 finger play would be a lot simpler. Just touch a spot at the center of 2 nodes to have a barrier pop up.
Okay, figured it out.

You simply simultaneously touch two adjacent nodes to make an energy barrier to appear and knock out any baddy attempting to fly through. The big catch being that you only have a finite amount of battery power so you'll need to try to make your use of the barriers as efficient as possible (in hopes a recharging power-up will float on by). Once a single ship flies out the other side of the grid the game ends (or at least you lose a life and as a private you only have 1). Continued play of the game will earn you experience. This experience will gain you ranks. Higher ranks allows you access to more power-ups, lives, and multipliers (and no, it doesn't appear just to be some gimmick for IAPs as, as far as I can tell, there are none).

My one issue so far, unless I'm missing something obvious here, is I have no idea what my current battery power is at. I've had some frustrating moments in the game wondering if I'm not touching the two nodes properly or if I'm actually out of power when the beam doesn't appear as it should.

My iTunes Reviews
05-08-2012, 04:28 AM
Quote:

The first wave of enemies are worth 100 points each and every next wave of enemies increase the points by 100. Also, as the enemies progress through the grid their points decrease. So you'll earn more points if you destroy them faster. And the multiplier is rewarded for combos, destroy 4 enemies for a 2x-mulitplier, another 8 for a 3x-multiplier and so on. Miss an enemy and you'll lose the multiplier (and a life) :-)

Quote:
Okay, figured it out.

You simply simultaneously touch two adjacent nodes to make an energy barrier to appear and knock out any baddy attempting to fly through. The big catch being that you only have a finite amount of battery power so you'll need to try to make your use of the barriers as efficient as possible (in hopes a recharging power-up will float on by). Once a single ship flies out the other side of the grid the game ends (or at least you lose a life and as a private you only have 1). Continued play of the game will earn you experience. This experience will gain you ranks. Higher ranks allows you access to more power-ups, lives, and multipliers (and no, it doesn't appear just to be some gimmick for IAPs as, as far as I can tell, there are none).

My one issue so far, unless I'm missing something obvious here, is I have no idea what my current battery power is at. I've had some frustrating moments in the game wondering if I'm not touching the two nodes properly or if I'm actually out of power when the beam doesn't appear as it should.
That's correct! I'm glad you figured everything out :-). As you progress through the ranks the game will also start out more difficult. This is one way to compensate for the unlocked upgrades, but also an attempt from my side to make the game less boring after playing for a while. My thought was that the initial difficulty might be to easy after reaching the max level so it should increase slightly after leveling up, but only so slightly that it should not be noticed by the player. But it does seem that I might have made the game a little to hard to begin with. I will try to tweak this a little in the upcoming 1.1 version.

And you are right, there are no IAPs in the game. My standpoint is that if someone is willing to pay for my work, then the least I can do is to offer him the whole game for that price (no mather how high or low) :-)

And thank you for your feedback! Especially about the current battery power. I've realized that this is an issue in the current version and will try to figure out a better way to do it. My initial thought was that the current battery power should be indicated by the lasers intensity. Less and less battery power leads to more transparent lasers. This might be easy to miss though when playing such a fast paced game. I would also like to thank you for your 4-star rating, this really made my day :-D