★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Burning Run [Universal app] $0.99 >> FREE !!! FOR A DAY(May 5th)!!

05-04-2012, 03:04 AM
Burning Run [Universal app] $0.99 >> FREE !!! FOR A DAY(May 5th)!!

To greet the children's day in Korea,
Burning Run will be FREE for just A DAY, 5th of MAY!!

Don't miss this perfect chance to have this game for free!!
Gift this game to your children, a addictive and healthy game!!
Get Moving!

DigitalFrog, Game developing & publishing company
Homepage : http://www.digitalfrog.co.kr
Our games on Appstore : Burning Run, Icelide, Crystal War Blood Field, Space Frontier, Bunny Pop, Panicky Angel
05-05-2012, 02:35 AM
Now free.

"I am virgin, I'm a whore! Giving nothing; the taker, the maker of war!" - Black Sabbath, "I"

05-05-2012, 07:52 AM
Other than the "bad" English translation, I simply can't find a single fault with this one. What a ****ing joy to play. More than highly recommended. This is a must-have.

"I am virgin, I'm a whore! Giving nothing; the taker, the maker of war!" - Black Sabbath, "I"
05-05-2012, 09:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalcasket View Post
I simply can't find a single fault with this one.
Maybe it's this:

Rather whopping for a normally paid game that's obviously thought for kids. And those IAPs are not mentioned or explained with one single word in the lengthy app description text.

Hurry up! Handpicked & Time-Limited App Store FREEbies & Sales
(Blog German-language; but you'll find all links, pics, and videos.)
05-05-2012, 10:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habakuk View Post
Maybe it's this:

Rather whopping for a normally paid game that's obviously thought for kids. And those IAPs are not mentioned or explained with one single word in the lengthy app description text.
Been playing for while and the game's pretty generous when handing out acorns. There's obviously going to be quite a bit of grinding involved, but you can replay levels as much as you want and even if you fail a level, you retain your acorns. Yeah, I don't get why there's a $50 IAP, but it's nothing unobtainable by playing the game.

Last edited by metalcasket; 05-05-2012 at 10:04 AM.
05-05-2012, 11:12 AM
Thank you very much for your explanations, mc. In the name of dev—who's job that should be imho.

Quote:
Been playing for while
For how long exactly, if you don't mind my indiscreet curiosity, mc? Did you buy any IAPs?

Quote:
and the game's pretty generous… but it's nothing unobtainable by playing the game.
So you would recommend it as a "real FREE" app and not as a cheap feint of dev for making some money if I understand you correctly.

BTW played it for some minutes and it seems to be fun indeed. But I don't even start seriously with a puzzle-like game when I don't know before if I'll need IAPs (money) for progress/success or "just" skills.

Hurry up! Handpicked & Time-Limited App Store FREEbies & Sales
(Blog German-language; but you'll find all links, pics, and videos.)
05-05-2012, 11:19 AM
I've played through the first area and 2 of the second. Haven't run into any trouble just yet, but yeah... I see where you're coming from and I don't know just how grinding will be needed later on to upgrade vs. just buying IAPs. We'll have to wait and see.

05-06-2012, 08:00 PM
Quote:
Other than the "bad" English translation, I simply can't find a single fault with this one. What a ****ing joy to play. More than highly recommended. This is a must-have.
Thank you for your comment. Can you tell us which parts have bad English translation? So we can change those parts in coming update.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habakuk View Post
Maybe it's this:

We did not mentioned about IAPs in the description since you don't really need to purchase one to progress. You buy IAPs only if you want to progress fast without using any strategical game-play. (if you have enough ammo+weapons+power, you just have to swipe, tap tap tap to rescue animals)

DigitalFrog, Game developing & publishing company
Homepage : http://www.digitalfrog.co.kr
Our games on Appstore : Burning Run, Icelide, Crystal War Blood Field, Space Frontier, Bunny Pop, Panicky Angel
05-07-2012, 12:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by digitalfrogmkt View Post
Thank you for your comment. Can you tell us which parts have bad English translation? So we can change those parts in coming update.
You're welcome.

Regarding the English translation, is there any way I can convince you to send me a document with literally every single English word and sentence in the game? If you want, I can go through it, fix all the little errors and send it back. When I say "word", it says "Buy Coin" on the menu instead of "Buy Coins", for example.

There's honestly nothing wrong with the game now and it's charming in its own way, but if you're willing to fix the translation, that goes a long, long way, and I'd be glad to lend a helping hand.

05-07-2012, 01:19 AM
much appreciated