05-05-2012, 09:51 PM
#21
Joined: Feb 2010
Location: NCC 1701 A
Posts: 2,121
i've played the original Wings of Fury on the Amiga for months, back in the days... so, i can tell thanks to the devs for an incredible and perfect remake of it!
i'm on 15th day, and counting...
05-05-2012, 10:38 PM
#22
@VirtualBoyFreak:

To do a loop, keep holding either up or down on the joystick.

05-06-2012, 02:45 AM
#23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabrien View Post
@VirtualBoyFreak:

To do a loop, keep holding either up or down on the joystick.
Thanks! Will try it just now EDIT Perfect, thanks! Now I know how to do loops up & down. Once you get the controls, they're perfect. No complaint on those Great game! Simple & addictive.

Last edited by VirtualBoyFreak; 05-06-2012 at 03:44 AM.
05-06-2012, 04:25 AM
#24
Just for the record, it's possible to do an Immelman as well: just release the joystick from "up" half way through the loop, (you'll now be upside down) and push it in the direction you're flying to flip yourself over the right way up.
05-06-2012, 05:02 AM
#25
Have a question, I have my iPod for only a few days I have therefore no idea how long it usually leaves an update coming.
Have you so ne idea how long that might take about the regular case?
05-06-2012, 05:32 AM
#26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apophis17 View Post
Have a question, I have my iPod for only a few days I have therefore no idea how long it usually leaves an update coming.
Have you so ne idea how long that might take about the regular case?
It depends on whoever makes the game and how easily the bug is fixed. It varies quite a lot.

http://sigs.enjin.com/sig-bf3/aeeb2bbe61a40f08.png

BETAs: Save the Monster The Sandbox
05-06-2012, 06:21 AM
#27
Quote:
Originally Posted by trundley View Post
It depends on whoever makes the game and how easily the bug is fixed. It varies quite a lot.
Well to the error I can not say anything as difficult or easy it is to fix what strikes me a little of the developer has brought the game to the next only two other apps out there now would be a big group like EA would be well to 100% sure that even a patch comes with so small developers but it is my experience after several times so they would not release any patches what a shame! Zumals $ 1.99 or 1.59 and are not a little defenetiv after disclosures of the developer wants the iPod Touch is supported, the game just absolutely have basic retro ^ ^
05-06-2012, 04:52 PM
#28
Quote:
Originally Posted by squarezero View Post
Thanks for the heads up. Never played the Amiga original, but it does remind me of something I played on my Apple IIe back in the day. Only a couple missions in, but I can already tell that I'm going to be playing this a lot .
Wings of Fury exists for the Apple II and the Amiga. I have them both. The Apple II version is actually more playable due to its analog joystick (vs. digital on the Amiga).



bp

:: Blake Patterson :: Touch Arcade administrator
:: [twitter] [me] [flickr]
05-06-2012, 05:15 PM
#29
Perhaps I'm being especially dense but I can't even get the plane into the air! I just roll off the carrier and immediately crash into the sea, regardless of joystick position.

Can anyone give a pointer or two regarding how to get airborne?
05-06-2012, 05:36 PM
#30
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetaGonzo View Post
Perhaps I'm being especially dense but I can't even get the plane into the air! I just roll off the carrier and immediately crash into the sea, regardless of joystick position.

Can anyone give a pointer or two regarding how to get airborne?
Turn the engine on It's the button beside the "wheel up/down" button. You have to hit it several times. Remember those planes didn't get going the first time around Just for the record, it took me some minutes to notice why I was falling over to the sea too!