★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Bike or Die Complants

11-19-2008, 07:38 PM
Bike or Die Complants

Bike or Die is fun but there are a few problems.

There is not tilt control.
There is no way to turn off auto rotate.
There is no level editor like the palm version.

Overall it seems a little unpolished but it is a great game for the price.
I WOULD DEFINITELY RECOMMEND THIS!!!

Last edited by Rockey04; 11-19-2008 at 09:41 PM.
11-19-2008, 07:45 PM
- I'm personally glad there's no tilt/accelerometer controls. Not necessary in my opinion
- Auto rotate? Not sure what that is. You're not talking about the bike rotation option in the config options are you? Because that can be changed.
- Level editor? There's 2500 levels....

11-19-2008, 08:08 PM
hi, i'm the creator of the game and here are the answers

TILT CONTROL
i tried using accelerometer to control BoD, but it is a disaster. games with analog control work fine this way because there is an immediate response for each slight movement. in BoD we have those on/off ("digital") controls and there is no natural feedback on how much tilt is required to trigger the specific action. i tried adding the artificial feedback indicator, which helped a lot (and i was able to complete a level finally) but it was still a nightmare. this game just needs buttons...

AUTO ROTATE (i assume you mean the standard iphone behavior of adjusting the user interface to the physical orientation)
option to disable automatic rotation will be added in the nearest update

LEVEL EDITOR
you are right, we need a level editor which does not require a palm device. i'm still not sure if it is possible to use the iphone touch screen (and fingers...) for such precise work, but if not, then it will be done as a desktop application. either way, the level editor will be available for everyone.
11-19-2008, 09:01 PM
Cheers

Quote:
Originally Posted by toyspring View Post

TILT CONTROL
i tried using accelerometer to control BoD, but it is a disaster. games with analog control work fine this way because there is an immediate response for each slight movement. in BoD we have those on/off ("digital") controls and there is no natural feedback on how much tilt is required to trigger the specific action. i tried adding the artificial feedback indicator, which helped a lot (and i was able to complete a level finally) but it was still a nightmare. this game just needs buttons...

AUTO ROTATE (i assume you mean the standard iphone behavior of adjusting the user interface to the physical orientation)

LEVEL EDITOR
you are right, we need a level editor which does not require a palm device. i'm still not sure if it is possible to use the iphone touch screen (and fingers...) for such precise work, but if not, then it will be done as a desktop application. either way, the level editor will be available for everyone.
I'd just like to thank you personally for providing literally hundreds of hours of entertainment on my Palm T|X!

Thank you so much for porting this to the iPhone! I was pleasantly surprised to see the original levels are the same! Please keep up the good work!

Plus+ ID: Wegmans
11-19-2008, 09:41 PM
thanks for the reply!

Have you tried the free game called Jelly Car for iPhone. It uses tilt. Try it. It works great.
You could do an option in the settings to turn tilt on.
I always try to tilt when I do it accidentally. That is one of the reasons I wanted auto rotate off.

By the way, this is a great game!!!
I love games with such good support!
Thanks for reading!

Quote:
Originally Posted by toyspring View Post

TILT CONTROL

LEVEL EDITOR
11-19-2008, 10:19 PM
How do you download more levels? When I click the link it takes me to the website but when I touch the little thing that looks like an arrow pointing down at a phone it says that the URL is restricted. Am I supposed to click somewhere else? I need help.
11-19-2008, 10:22 PM
I just tapped the download button and it asked if i would like to download and play or just download. Are you pressing the correct button???

Quote:
Originally Posted by (klondike) View Post
How do you download more levels? When I click the link it takes me to the website but when I touch the little thing that looks like an arrow pointing down at a phone it says that the URL is restricted. Am I supposed to click somewhere else? I need help.
11-19-2008, 10:25 PM
I don't know what is the correct button?
11-19-2008, 10:29 PM
It is in the download column. You press the link and it downloads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by (klondike) View Post
I don't know what is the correct button?

Visit Hidden App Gems to find iPhone and iPod Touch game reviews, find the latest sales, and enter contests to win FREE games!

Current Contests: WifiTrak & That Ain't It
11-19-2008, 10:43 PM
Whenever I press that on my iPhone a pop up box comes up that says the URL is restricted and the download doesn't start.