★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Pixel Perfex
  • Genre: Arcade
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 139.9 MB
  • Version: 1.0
  • Price: $0.99
  • Average User Rating: 3 (1)
App description: [50% OFF for a Limited Time]

Celebrating our brand-new game, "Energy Panic" !!

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/energy-panic/id838146349?ls=1&mt=8

Energy Panic is a brand-new and original drag n drop puzzle game with stunning graphics and effects. Your mission is to manage energy units to meet the energy demands.

Watch the "How to Play" video & more.

http://www.pixel-perfex.com/energy-panic
https://www.facebook.com/EnergyPanic

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Xenon Shooter : The Space Defender delivers a new kind of base shooting game with new gameplay experiences including collecting energy points, defending the base, upgrading the cannon, and fighting with giant bosses.

Story

In year 2447, humans have traveled to the space and built several space colonies at the outer rim of the galaxy.
Humans had found a new source of energy that could produce great energy beyond their imagination, a mysterious space-mineral called Xenon-X.
They established mining stations to harvest the energy from Xenon-X. They discovered that by shooting Proton into its core, Xenon-X would release a great amount of nuclear which they could use as a major source of energy for their colonies.
However .. humans are not there alone. The Biomech, artificial life forms that generate their own bodies from pieces of mechanical wastes, also have their eyes on Xenon-X. It remains a mystery how these junk machines became alive, but they are not about to let humans harvest Xenon-X only for ourselves.

Features

- A classic base shooting game with new gameplay experiences.
- 30 minutes non-stop base-defending mission.
- Excellent 3D pre-rendered graphic and engaging music.
- Challenging giant boss battles.
- More than 20 items and enemies.
- Three difficulty levels carefully designed for a casual player to a real hardcore player.
- Fully random enemies and obstacles.

pixelperfex's comments:
Hello, Everyone

Today, Pixel Perfex Studios is releasing a new game with a VERY SPECIAL offer 50% off ($0.99)

Xenon Shooter : The Space Defender (for iPhone & iPod Touch)

Xenon Shooter : The Space Defender delivers a new kind of base shooting game with new gameplay experiences including collecting energy points, defending the base, upgrading the cannon, and fighting with giant bosses.

Features

- A classic base shooting game with new gameplay experiences.
- 30 minutes non-stop base-defending mission.
- Excellent 3D pre-rendered graphic and engaging music.
- Challenging giant boss battles.
- More than 20 items and enemies.
- Three difficulty levels carefully designed for a casual player to a real hardcore player.
- Fully random enemies and obstacles.

Next Update
- Retina Display support coming soon ….

iTunes Link:

http://itunes.apple.com/au/app/xenon-shooter-space-defender/id520759541?l=th&ls=1&mt=8

For more information: http://www.pixel-perfex.com/

Click image for larger version

Name:	iPhone03.jpg
Views:	0
Size:	544.9 KB
ID:	43590

Name:	iPhone04.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	650.2 KB
ID:	43591

Name:	iPhone05.jpg
Size:	657.3 KB
ID:	43592

Name:	iPhone06.jpg
Size:	676.7 KB
ID:	43593
05-05-2012, 09:47 AM
This thread just got approved...

05-05-2012, 11:02 AM

Last edited by Royce; 05-06-2012 at 11:21 AM.
05-05-2012, 11:09 AM
Cant help but think Pro Zombie Soccer when i look at the screenshots.

Anyone tried this game yet?

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
05-05-2012, 12:07 PM
Game Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact-Psience View Post
Cant help but think Pro Zombie Soccer when i look at the screenshots.

Anyone tried this game yet?
It feels a bit like PZS. PZS is more fun tough. The point in this game is to survive for 30 minutes (!). I played for 10 minutes. Still had full energy and no problem staying alive at all. Then I turned it off. It gets repetitive fast. Somehow the graphics does not look as nice on my iPhone as it does here. On the new iPad it looks way to blurry in x2.

That said, the controls are good, and you can adjust the sensitivity. So if you just want to slide your thumb a tiny bit up and down, it's fine. Good job on that. Some of the animations are quite nice as well, and I like the vinrant colours.

But the screens on this page are bullshots. Nowhere near as sharp.

The gameplay is fine as well. I just wish the point was to survive for five minutes with more damage given when you are hit. 30 minutes is just not fun. And for an arcade game it seems like a crazy long time.

Last edited by Leegames; 05-05-2012 at 12:20 PM. Reason: added energy
05-06-2012, 02:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leegames View Post
It feels a bit like PZS. PZS is more fun tough. The point in this game is to survive for 30 minutes (!). I played for 10 minutes. Still had full energy and no problem staying alive at all. Then I turned it off. It gets repetitive fast. Somehow the graphics does not look as nice on my iPhone as it does here. On the new iPad it looks way to blurry in x2.

That said, the controls are good, and you can adjust the sensitivity. So if you just want to slide your thumb a tiny bit up and down, it's fine. Good job on that. Some of the animations are quite nice as well, and I like the vinrant colours.

But the screens on this page are bullshots. Nowhere near as sharp.

The gameplay is fine as well. I just wish the point was to survive for five minutes with more damage given when you are hit. 30 minutes is just not fun. And for an arcade game it seems like a crazy long time.
Bullshots

At least there is Retina support for the next update. Maybe this is where the screen shots are being pulled from, because they look nice here.

I love shooters, so in that respect I am tempted, but give me a free version to try and we'll go from there. A slight sample always whets my whistle.

Last edited by SumoSplash; 05-06-2012 at 02:07 AM.
05-06-2012, 05:42 AM
Thank you very muchfor your feedback

Hey guys,

Thank you very very much.

We would love to hear anything back from you guys, feedbacks, comments, suggestions etc. so that we can improve our game.

Yes, screenshots are from retina display version. Please, accept our apology.

But retina graphic is coming real soon. Since it is very big we still have some issues with iPod Touch and iPhone3S. Believe me, it looks that great.

to Leegames (Difficulty issue)

Actually, You should keep the power guage full all the time. (It is the concept.) Because the power will drop real quick if you don't play carefully. You will understand it after 15-17 mins or when you have 2-3 "bouncing boxs" in your screen.

If you still find it easy. I suggest you try Extreme Level because Average level is for casual players.

To be honest, we (all the developer & tester team) usually play Extreme level.

Last edited by pixelperfex; 05-06-2012 at 08:16 AM.
05-06-2012, 08:53 AM
Game Impressions

05-06-2012, 09:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pixelperfex View Post
Hey guys,

Thank you very very much.

We would love to hear anything back from you guys, feedbacks, comments, suggestions etc. so that we can improve our game.

Yes, screenshots are from retina display version. Please, accept our apology.

But retina graphic is coming real soon. Since it is very big we still have some issues with iPod Touch and iPhone3S. Believe me, it looks that great.

to Leegames (Difficulty issue)

Actually, You should keep the power guage full all the time. (It is the concept.) Because the power will drop real quick if you don't play carefully. You will understand it after 15-17 mins or when you have 2-3 "bouncing boxs" in your screen.

If you still find it easy. I suggest you try Extreme Level because Average level is for casual players.

To be honest, we (all the developer & tester team) usually play Extreme level.
Great to hear that retina is on the way. Thanks for your reply!

Problem for me with the difficulty is that 10+ minutes of playing before it gets interesting is simply too long for this kind of game.
05-06-2012, 01:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leegames View Post
Great to hear that retina is on the way. Thanks for your reply!

Problem for me with the difficulty is that 10+ minutes of playing before it gets interesting is simply too long for this kind of game.
Judging by how those sperm-looking aliens penetrate your defenses at the end of Sanuku's clip we could call this title 'Conception' instead of Xenon

Weapons, weapons weapons... that's the HEART of a good shooter. Judging by the first 10 minutes, I feel like I would want to be fast forwarding to a point in the game where there are (hopefully) some serious weapon upgrades. I see potential, but a game should take ZERO time to get interesting.

Last edited by SumoSplash; 05-06-2012 at 01:52 PM.