★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: REVIEWS

A little gem of a tactical real-time strategy game
- Gamereactor.eu

Space squad definately rocks ! 4.5 / 5
-The iPhone App review

Join the Space Squad - a band of rough-neck mercenaries - in their fight against the invading Alien menace.

As the commander of the Space Squad, use tactical skill and massive firepower to complete missions. Take advantage of both crew skills and environment details, while keeping your crew safe from the hordes of attacking aliens.

Features:
- Exciting Real-time Tactics game for the casual iOS gamer
- Easily command your characters with intuitive touch controls
- Three cool characters equipped with assault weapons and special abilities (combat healing, rockets launcher and stealth)
- Experience the first chapters of the story, in 19 exciting levels
- Unlock levels and power-ups by earning Star Ratings
- Survival mode game play: Command the squad on their last stand.
- Stylized graphics and animations optimized for retina displays (iPad and iPhone)
- Varied level design, featuring puzzle elements (Mazes, stealth-able patrols and much more) allowing you to personalize your tactics to achieve top ratings

Expansion features:
Continue the story in a series of new chapters. Travel to the depth of the alien hive, to destroy the Alien threat for good. In-App purchase: "Titan Redemption", includes the following exciting new content:
- A new character joins the squad, bringing turret mounted firepower, and static-charged stun gun
- Multiple hours of new gameplay, with a total of 25 new challenging levels
- Levels increasing in size and difficulty, as the squad dives deeper into the alien hive
- Confront the alpha Alien in the final epic boss fight

Find out more:
www.spacesquadapp.com

Follow us:
www.twitter.com/unity_studios

Disclaimer:
Statistics about the game are collected during playtime. This is to ensure a great game quality. No user specific information is stored.

atholm's comments:

05-05-2012, 02:53 PM
Looks interesting, is there a gameplay video?

GameCenter/OpenFeint/Plus+/Agon/Gameloft Live/Xbox LIVE/PSN ID: VoodooVyper

05-05-2012, 03:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VoodooVyper View Post
Looks interesting, is there a gameplay video?
Ask, and you shall receive .

I just downloaded it and played through the first few tutorial levels. Definitely worth checking out.
05-06-2012, 04:04 AM
Happy to hear that you have enjoyed it!

We are currently working on a universal update to the game and some bug fixes.
If you have any requests, bugs or anything else then please let me know.

Anders Tankred Holm
Follow me on twitter: @atholm
05-06-2012, 11:21 AM
Game Impressions

05-06-2012, 11:33 AM
Very cool. Screen shots definitely paint a different picture of this game. At first, I thought it was a top-down shooter, but seems it's more one of those stealth-maze games. For free, I'll definitely have to check it out.

EDIT: Really cool so far, but something weird happened mid-mission. The screen all of a sudden went into a grid view and the camera was able to move beyond invisible walls, kinda like a no-clip function. Can't bring it back to normal, either. It's pervasive into other missions and on the menu screen. Weird.

Last edited by GeekyDad; 05-06-2012 at 02:04 PM.
05-06-2012, 02:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeekyDad View Post
Very cool. Screen shots definitely paint a different picture of this game. At first, I thought it was a top-down shooter, but seems it's more one of those stealth-maze games. For free, I'll definitely have to check it out.

EDIT: Really cool so far, but something weird happened mid-mission. The screen all of a sudden went into a grid view and the camera was able to move beyond invisible walls, kinda like a no-clip function. Can't bring it back to normal, either. It's pervasive into other missions and on the menu screen. Weird.
Thanks for the kind words!

That bug you are describing is not something we have encountered, but definitely something we will look into and fix in an update.

Anders Tankred Holm
05-07-2012, 12:00 AM
Wow, talk about undeserved attention. I downloaded this based on a comment from SQ0 in another thread, and wow... this is such a frickin' joy to play. Just about to finish 3-starring all the tutorial levels, and I can't wait to see what's coming next.

If I may comment on something minor though, you've got a fantastic game here that's represented by an app icon that is less than appealing (no offense, of course). Having checked out the app's official website, you've got that lovely image at the top... why not use part of that image (any of the characters) with the same backdrop as the app icon? I think it'll do the game a great justice.

"I am virgin, I'm a whore! Giving nothing; the taker, the maker of war!" - Black Sabbath, "I"
05-07-2012, 12:05 AM
I've been playing this from release, and I do enjoy this one.

I'm not too happy with having to scroll to move around though - I would love to be able to control my characters from the zoomed-out mode. I feel like it's the scrolling that lets me down on some of the 3-star missions.

Now, apart from that... This game seems made for multiplayer!

Need professional proofreading, editing or writing that won't break your budget?
Contact me at youarelowonhealth.com or via PM.
05-07-2012, 01:56 AM
Thanks for all the comments!
We have discussed internally allowing the user to move the characters while using the zoom-out view. We figured it would be to difficult on the iPhone, but since we are working on Universal binary then this could work quite well.

Anders Tankred Holm