★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: SimCity will be avaiable for $9.99 in December

11-19-2008, 08:15 PM
SimCity will be avaiable for $9.99 in December

Just making a thread in response to blake's post on the main page

http://toucharcade.com/2008/11/19/si...ember-for-999/

Anyone else excited for this?

In other related news, in order to compete with SimCity, the developer of Urban Tycoon has promised that they will raise the price of their app to $9.99 without releasing any updates.
11-19-2008, 08:53 PM
no

I'm not gonna be excited for this because:

1. I've been waiting for a ton of games and the release date just keeps getting pushed back (watch nfs come out in january)

2. Expectations. It is EXTREMELY easy to mess up on apps like this one, and EA has to do a perfect job for it to be succesfull.

11-19-2008, 08:58 PM
To quote someone else before me,

"I just hope it's not called Sim City Origins"

HA

Plus+ ID: Wegmans
11-19-2008, 09:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wegmans View Post
To quote someone else before me,

"I just hope it's not called Sim City Origins"

HA
lol that was me!

And EA has been saying December for a while now for SimCity, so I'll stick with that
11-19-2008, 10:29 PM
Cant wait!!!!
11-19-2008, 11:14 PM
Honestly, I think the whole Origins thing is stupid. Who would think Spore could be contained in a mobile game? Look at other mobile versions of the game. It just isn't the full thing compared to the PC version. Plus, why complain? You get what you see. Otherwise, you are an ignorant brat.

Anyways, this looks good. As stated, any screenshot found on this game is indeed the PC or console version.

The difference between Spore and Simcity? Spore, you have the ability to change every element of the game and evolve across various states. Too much calculation and information for a mobile product.

-Stuart Bradley Newsom
Founder/Writer

Vigilant Entertainment Company:
::iPhone Games, Console Games, PC Games, Film::
http://www.vigilantec.com/
11-19-2008, 11:24 PM
We wanted a full spore.... but your point is valid. The DS version, for example, is most certainly not the full game. And you can buy 6 iphone spores (more or less) for the price of the DS version, which is the same price here as the PC version. So really DS people are being shafted, but I guess manufacturing a cartridge costs money.
11-19-2008, 11:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darwiniandude View Post
We wanted a full spore.... but your point is valid. The DS version, for example, is most certainly not the full game. And you can buy 6 iphone spores (more or less) for the price of the DS version, which is the same price here as the PC version. So really DS people are being shafted, but I guess manufacturing a cartridge costs money.
I agree. I would love a portable spore. Yet again, what do you expect when the game is called Spore Origins? Its not EA's, nor is it the game's fault (the game is actually pretty good).

The problem is ignorance. Still, wouldn't it have been cool?

-Stuart Bradley Newsom
Founder/Writer

Vigilant Entertainment Company:
::iPhone Games, Console Games, PC Games, Film::
http://www.vigilantec.com/
11-19-2008, 11:39 PM
Does anyone own the full version of Spore? IT takes up nearly 4 GBs of hard drive space. It's impossible to put on the iPhone
11-20-2008, 07:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rootbeersoup View Post
Does anyone own the full version of Spore? IT takes up nearly 4 GBs of hard drive space. It's impossible to put on the iPhone
Remeber that the screen resolution of the iPhone is much lover. So also a "real" iPhon title would have small 3D objects.
You can't compare a compute game to a mobile game.

Why sould it be impossible? The iPhone has 8Gb...