★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
05-30-2012, 08:53 AM
Hi Guys,

we are almost there with a huge content update. Stay tuned!

05-30-2012, 09:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SumoSplash View Post
-Thank GOD you are changing the name from how it is currently listed underneath the App. 'The Lo...evels' is so absolutely hideous that I'm amazed it makes it out the door like that. It's just unprofessional looking. 'MS LL' or 'LostLevels' is perfectly fine. Never use ellipsis for a game title!
Even though this is a completely invalid discussion now that it's been fixed, you do know that no one chooses to have ellipses in their titles, yeah? If you synced the app through iTunes, you would have noticed the title was actually "The Lost Levels". Since that doesn't fit, ellipses were automatically put in.

To be honest, "MS LL" or "LostLevels" are just as bad as how it was. I can't stand frickin' titles that are "LikeThis" and it annoys me to no end when I see them used. "MS:TLL", "M. Shooter" or "Lost Levels" are great (and as stupid as I sound, are actually professional) though...the latter of which was actually used.

"I am virgin, I'm a whore! Giving nothing; the taker, the maker of war!" - Black Sabbath, "I"

05-30-2012, 04:45 PM

Drooling already .

Hope there are changes to the perk system though. Perhaps you could add some sidearms that fire simultaneously with the weapon to make the power feel more powerful?
06-03-2012, 12:50 AM
How do you complete the mission "Complete any level without selecting any perk" if you have already purchased the perm perks?
06-03-2012, 04:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TicTac View Post
How do you complete the mission "Complete any level without selecting any perk" if you have already purchased the perm perks?
It'd be just the in game perks wouldn't it?

The permanent ones shouldn't count
06-03-2012, 05:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quantum Apocalypse View Post
It'd be just the in game perks wouldn't it?

The permanent ones shouldn't count
Thought there are only perm perks? What are the non perm ones?
06-03-2012, 10:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TicTac View Post
Thought there are only perm perks? What are the non perm ones?
In each game when you level up, you get to pick a perk. Those perks last only in that game only and doesn't carry over to the next game.

Shmup Fan? Join our group - Bullet Hell Fanatics
Looking for Cave game recommendations? Check out starting ~half way down this link: Your favorite Shmup from Cave? Which is your favorite Game from Cave?
06-07-2012, 10:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SumoSplash View Post
I have returned with more feedback. I know you're all excited

Some more miscellaneous observations/requests...

-It would be nice to be able to un-equip weapons or to select only certain weapons that you want to use. Right now I see no way to remove weapons that have been purchased. This makes scrolling through ten weapons on the slider just to find the one I want overly time consuming. There is no need to scroll through the standard machine gun and shotgun when you have the Combat Shotgun and Chain Gun.

-Survival mode is obviously a blast, but I find that the influx of enemies becomes too great too quickly. I find that if I make it to the 8 minute mark I am absolutely surrounded (and yes, I am aware of the nukes, but you only get one). Though getting absolutely surrounded and dying is an eventuality regardless, I feel the 15-20 minute mark is more appropriate for this level of insanity. I also find there is a high level of slowdown with this many enemies on screen, which actually hampers my ability to play.

-The Slaughter perk should be made as a permanent perk, not as an option for every board. I want to use those perks for survival and upgrades, not how much blood there is.

-The tips that are given between loading screens often go by so fast that there isn't enough time to read them. A tip page would be nice since this is the case.

-This is very minor, but the monsters who hock the loogies (at least that's what I think they're doing) look awkward. The loogies look like they are being thrown by the monsters, instead of coming from their mouth.

In terms of the weapons themselves...

-The Chain Gun and the Combat Shotgun are absolutely fantastic. Not just because they produce carnage, but because they look and feel great. Definitely some of the best twin stick shooter weapons I've used.

-The rocket launcher is a close third place for me behind the Chain Gun/Combat Shotgun. The addition of homing missiles is perfect (I actually wish they homed more) and the explosions look good (but could always be bigger and more fiery) Great weapon.

-As stated before, I like the flame thrower. My only complaint about it is during Vengeance mode the flame doesn't change except for the color. I wish the flame itself got bigger in terms of length and width (at least that's what she said) Signifying a more powerful version of the weapon with ONLY a color change is slightly cheesy to me. And while changing the color is fine, I wish it was a deeper orange/red instead of the purple it is now. Purple makes it look like a foam thrower instead of a flame thrower.

-I like the Rail Gun was well, with the screen shaking as you fire and the ability to pierce more than one enemy with a single shot. However, I wish the standard rate of fire was increased slightly. Not necessarily for Vengeance mode, although this would be fine too. I also notice that when you fire as you move left to right the bullets don't originate from the gun itself but instead to the side of the character. I complain about this all the time with other games so take it with a grain of salt, but the bullet should come from the gun, even if you aren't standing still.

-The Ripper is cool too. I usually don't approve of weapons that bounce back off objects, but in this case I like it and it's realistic that your character can get hit by the blades too. It may seem illogical, but I think having the blades home as the rockets do would be awesome (or maybe an option to make them home as an upgrade). Blades that home AND bounce? That would be insane!!

-The Shocker, the Tripalizer and the Plasma gun are my least favorite. Not because they are 'earlier' or 'weaker' but more as if they are missing something. I LOVE electricity weapons. For some reason though the shocker doesn't look or feel like electricity. The pattern of it looks too straight and rigid and reminds me of holding out a tree branch. I would rather see this weapon re-designed to have more of a looping 'S' pattern to it (similar to the Flame Lash in Solomon's Boneyard). Ahhh, The Boneyard...

The Plasma Gun is OK, but it's missing something in terms of flare. I think the bullets should be thicker and more colorful, something to give it some pop. And I like the intentions with the Tripalizer, but there is something missing here too. I feel as though the two outside lasers should be closer together or should criss-cross over the middle laser. Hmmm...

Besides artistic reasons, my critiques of the weapons above is to make them more relevant. With weapons such as the Combat Shotgun and the Chain Gun, the other weapons get forgotten about since the CS and CG are just so good. When some weapons are made to be inherently weaker a player had no need to use them anymore, and this is a shame.

Anywho, my cements are just my two cents to help make the game as good as possible. I think it's one of the best twin sticks out there.
Totally agree !!
06-07-2012, 10:49 AM
Yeah..weapon selection is slow once you get multiple weapons. Maybe an option to select which weapons to equip.. Or my preference is a weapon select button that pops up (which would interrupt the game screen) with the list of weapons and tap on the weapon to select it (and have the window close automatically after selecting the weapon. In time, muscle memory should take hold and let us hit this button and select the weapon really quickly. Anyways..just throwing an idea out there.

Shmup Fan? Join our group - Bullet Hell Fanatics
Looking for Cave game recommendations? Check out starting ~half way down this link: Your favorite Shmup from Cave? Which is your favorite Game from Cave?
06-18-2012, 12:30 PM
Hello guys,

I'm really happy to announce Monster Shooter: The Lost Levels in now available FOR FREE for iOS (all iPhone, iPod touch and iPad devices)! This is a time limited offer, so don't miss this great chance to enjoy our highly polished and totally ad-free premium edition of Monster Shooter!

Let us know your impressions, Monster Shooter is getting better every day.

Download link: http://itunes.apple.com/pl/app/monster-shooter-lost-levels/id518251712