Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iOS Apps

Old 05-08-2012, 08:52 AM

Default TouchArcade - The Best New Games - (by TouchArcade.com, LLC)

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up

Last edited by arn; 05-08-2012 at 03:04 PM..
Old 05-08-2012, 08:59 AM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), OS 4.x

Send a message via Skype™ to iVaro

If you're reading this post the forum in the app does indeed work
Old 05-08-2012, 09:04 AM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

Send a message via Skype™ to AppMania

Cool app. Thanks!
Old 05-08-2012, 09:05 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

I'm liking it so far. I can see the watchlist being a particularly useful feature.
Old 05-08-2012, 09:38 AM

So excited about this app. The forum integration itself is worth 99cts.
Old 05-08-2012, 09:51 AM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Masterful, a touch or brilliance, and all that (with no hyperbole or irony intended). Thanks, TA crew!

There are a few areas which might do with some improvement (in particular if the iOS app aims to replace the website for mobile-compulsive users, and even offer unique functionality). This is what I wish for to make my mobile TA experience complete :
  • Push notifications on forum replies and, most importantly, quotes: This has been on my wishlist for almost as long as I've been familiar with the concept of push notifications. To truly take advantage of the iOS format and medium (not just copy the functionality of the website), this feature would offer something normal email notifications from webforums cannot quite emulate. Might we see this in the TA app eventually?
  • Search within forum threads: The search function works nicely, but I already feel the need for a way to search within the thread I am currently browsing.
  • Access to the "Newest Releases" front page link filter: I've noticed that the "Hot New Games" link in the TA app does not present the same information as the Newest Releases on the TA front page, not even when the TA app is filtered to display "Newest". Presumably, the TA app polls Appshopper for the Hottest and Newest categories, while the front page "Newest Releases" is a filter of the newest game threads in the TA forums. The latter is immensely useful, particularly during wednesday nights , and it would be a great convenience to have a way to access this filter category from the TA app. Simply visiting the forums in the app does not quite cut it, as older but newly updated threads are mixed in with the brand new game threads.
  • Edit function for the forums: Rather self-explanatory, and rather essential
  • Landscape mode for text input in the forums: Many of us will actually be using the forum function to write and post long pieces of text, and while I know that many strangely prefer portrait mode for text input, for those of us who do not (at least half of the userbase, according to popular theories and what little research exists), writing long posts in portrait is out of the question.
All in all, a brilliant app, with room for even greater brilliance.

Last edited by Ayjona; 05-08-2012 at 10:47 AM..
Old 05-08-2012, 10:01 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayjona View Post
Masterful, a touch or brilliance, and all that (with no hyperbole or irony intended)!

I wish only for a few features to make my mobile TA experience complete:
  • Push notifications on forum replies and, most importantly, quotes: This has been on my wishlist for almost as long as I've been familiar with the concept of push notifications. Might we see this in the TA app eventually?
  • Search within forum threads: The search function works nicely, but I already feel the need for a way to search within the thread I am currently browsing.
  • Access to the "Newest Releases" front page link filter: I've noticed that the "Hot New Games" link in the TA app does not present the same information as the Newest Releases on the TA front page, not even when the TA app is filtered to display "Newest". Presumably, the TA app polls Appshopper for the Hottest and Newest categories, while the front page "Newest Releases" is a filter of the newest game threads in the TA forums. The latter is immensely useful, particularly during wednesday nights , and it would be a great convenience to have a way to access this filter category from the TA app. Simply visiting the forums in the app does not quite cut it, as older but newly updated threads are mixed in with the brand new game threads.
FIRST Point is a must tbh
Old 05-08-2012, 10:11 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

Will this get an universal update? I believe that it would be even better on the iPad
Old 05-08-2012, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkHerm View Post
Will this get an universal update? I believe that it would be even better on the iPad
They said that they're working on a Universal update.

My request: The ability to sync the Watch List with Appshopper's Wishlist.
Old 05-08-2012, 10:19 AM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPhone 4

Needs universal, but even more it needs the ability to see, when looking at a particular section of the forum, which threads have new posts. You can view a separate list of all new threads in all forums, but that's not how I use toucharcade. I go to a particular forum and I like to be able to see if a thread has new posts. I might even skip using this app as a result and continue to struggle with the web page on my iPhone.