★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: NEVONIX
  • Genre: Simulation
  • Device: Universal
  • Size: 27.4 MB
  • Version: 1.0.0
  • Price: $0.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: Z! CHECKERS is a casual Draughts game like no other!

Select from a number of fully animated character sets and watch them move and interact with your opponents pieces!

Full 3D view of your pieces and the board, Z! CHECKERS casts a fresh view on the traditional boardgame by taking full advantage of new iOS hardware

Play against family or friends on the same device or through Bluetooth

Fancy a challenge? Play against the computer on three difficulty settings

Purchase additional character sets and colours using ingame currency!
Earn coins by beating the computer, then shop till you drop

iAP is also available for those in a hurry

This game is Universal!
Play on your iPad, iPhone and iPod-Touch!

This game has been localised into 9 different languages:
English, Italiano, Nederlands, Française, Español, Deutsch, , ,

NEVONIX brings you pure ad-free gaming fun, also check out our other games!

nvx's comments:
Z! CHECKERS is a casual Draughts game like no other!

* full 3D animating characters
* impressive visuals
* play against the computer, or against family and friends locally on same device or via bluetooth!
* Universal! Play on iPad, iPhone and iPodTouch

Available on Appstore NOW!

Retina Screenshots
(click to enlarge)

05-08-2012, 12:43 PM
Congratulations with release!

05-08-2012, 01:40 PM
As of this writing, I couldn't find a vid from the dev site or anywhere else on the Net. A gameplay vid from the dev would probably help make a stronger sales pitch for those interested in the game.

"@ColeDaddy - My wallet hates you. That is all."

Last edited by ColeDaddy; 05-08-2012 at 04:44 PM.
05-09-2012, 06:20 AM
Cheers for the comments guys

Yep, no video

Last edited by nvx; 05-09-2012 at 05:42 PM.
05-09-2012, 06:14 PM
Apologies for my ill written comment
you were considerate enough to post a reply once you noticed the subtleties in my post, I guess I should be grateful.

From a personal perspective
Mostly I enjoy playing games, I'm OK at making them too, but I am clearly not a good PR or social person.

As far as this game is concerned
I personally dont find it that exciting, in comparison to say NOVA or Chaos Rings, even though I'm one of the people involved in its development.

At the end of the day, this is just another checkers game
(I can assure you that we are capable of, and currently in the process of, developing bigger more exciting games than just casual stuff)

But since you guys have made the effort to post here, I'll post up a video ASAP showing the gameplay.
05-09-2012, 11:24 PM
I couldn't respond earlier because I was running off to a meeting, but...

I, too, found the (albeit jokingly expressed) disinterest noted in the pre-edited version of your comment off-putting and initially thought it uncaring of the effort put into the development of the game and the generated interest piqued not only for this game, but also for potential supporters of your stable of products. I was looking for a game that I could play with my son and hoped the zombie-themed genre would add a uniquely fun twist. Now, it may not compare to the whiz-bang of NOVA 3, but it was never meant to anyway.

Given that I spend a pretty good chunk of change budgeted each month for iOS games, books and apps, a buck spent here and there goes a long way to depleting those funds rather quickly. While there are some crappy games and apps available for a buck, there are also some gems. I think the most I spent for a single iOS game/app was over $30, so if it's worth it at a buck or considerably more, I'll support the developer through my purchase and/or by spreading the word.

BTW, apology accepted Good luck with this release!