★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: "Too Flat"

08-10-2008, 11:11 AM
"Too Flat"

I am still a little confused about games that alert you about the iPhone or touch being "too flat." In Dizzy Bee I feel like I can't play the game with out tilting the device too flat. I am guessing it is because the accelerometer is not working when it is "too flat." I feel like I don't have full control though.
08-10-2008, 11:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tkphotograph View Post
I am still a little confused about games that alert you about the iPhone or touch being "too flat." In Dizzy Bee I feel like I can't play the game with out tilting the device too flat. I am guessing it is because the accelerometer is not working when it is "too flat." I feel like I don't have full control though.
when you're holding it "too flat" like in dizzy bee you're stopping gravity, which ends the challenge of the game. the gravity is what makes dizzy bee the challenging, innovative game it is
08-12-2008, 12:25 PM
Too flat

The current version of Dizzy Bee allows you to turn off the warning, which is a great addition in my opinion.
08-12-2008, 01:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwsolberg View Post
The current version of Dizzy Bee allows you to turn off the warning, which is a great addition in my opinion.
You can turn off the warning, but the sickness still happens. This is just to keep you from having to push the button every time.