★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Bright logic puzzle 'Explodorum' (iPhone+iPad) $.99/1.99 -> FREE

05-09-2012, 12:29 AM
Bright logic puzzle 'Explodorum' (iPhone+iPad) $.99/1.99 -> FREE

Recommended Sokoban-style (grid based) puzzler. You have to position a bomb on each "target" in a level (there may be several targets + several bombs). But before you position a bomb it must also be "activated" by passing it over "triggers".

It's probably more similar to ice-block type sliding puzzles, since the bombs keep moving until they hit an obstacle. Good tutorial (easy rules), well balanced difficulty.

Free for the first time. Hurry up because there is no indication for how long the free party will last. There are "always free" lite versions if you are too late and want to try first. BTW the Universal isn't Universal actually (edit: seems to be fixed but it looks like x2 mode on iPad). Get the HD version if you need it for iPad.

Hurry up! Handpicked & Time-Limited App Store FREEbies & Sales
(Blog German-language; but you'll find all links, pics, and videos.)

Last edited by Habakuk; 05-09-2012 at 05:29 AM.
05-09-2012, 01:25 AM
Wow... Getting this. 1.6 MB?! That's reallly well done. I had once coded Sokoban on C and if I remember correctly that had reached some 800 kb as well. This is quite well done for a game on iOS.

---------------------------
Mom Says Get Married!!

05-09-2012, 01:28 AM
What does "universal not being really universal" mean??

---------------------------
Mom Says Get Married!!
05-09-2012, 02:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by spidey View Post
What does "universal not being really universal" mean??
You can find some more information on that topic in the main thread (iPad forum)—as far as I understand dev made an error by tagging the iPhone app as Universal:

http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=111662

Personally I tried only the HD version on iPad 3 and all I can tell is that it works just fine.

Edit: Obviously the error is fixed in the meantime. Sorry for the confusion. Maybe someone can tell if the Universal is now Universal actually.

Edit #2: Tried the Universal on iPad and it looks like x2 doublepixels and it crashed to homescreen once. So my advice: For iPad take the HD version!

Hurry up! Handpicked & Time-Limited App Store FREEbies & Sales
(Blog German-language; but you'll find all links, pics, and videos.)

Last edited by Habakuk; 05-09-2012 at 05:28 AM.
05-09-2012, 03:37 AM
This is surprisingly one of the best games that is under 2 MB, well done!
05-09-2012, 12:14 PM
interesting, but too bad the game does not seem to be retina (iphone/ipod), generally it has a nice look to it, but this kind of spoils it.

Playing: Ski Safari, Polara, Girls Like Robots, Dynamite Jack, Monster Flip, Polymer, Super Mole Escape, Dream of Pixels, Radballs
05-10-2012, 04:03 AM
Developer here, thanks for the comments HD version on iPad is definitely the best one, the standard version is indeed only low res + scaled up when on larger screens.

It will most likely remain free now, since it didn't make any useful revenue when paid. Likewise another game I made "Chainsaw Juggling" is also free now:
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/chainsaw-juggling/id482898029?mt=8

Also, if you have a Mac and like difficult logic puzzles, "Puzzle Moppet" is also free (but this one probably only for a limited time):
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/puzzle-moppet/id455948867?mt=12