★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
11-05-2012, 11:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JediKnight View Post
If you update the the code, you update the server which is the same thing... Besides the graphics in the store would change so I think they *should* need an update for both but since they don't the resolution MAY be fixed.
I'm sorry, but when i referred to updating the code of the game I was referring to the engine of the game.
Changing the res to native with full effects on iPad 4 can't be done on the server side, its simply not possible.
I may not have been clear.
11-05-2012, 02:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rip73 View Post
I'm sorry, but when i referred to updating the code of the game I was referring to the engine of the game.
Changing the res to native with full effects on iPad 4 can't be done on the server side, its simply not possible.
I may not have been clear.
Ah, I see, this is for a certain device "Different version literally!" Agreed now.

Still confused if they would need to update all devices... I don't think so... Right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by undead.exe
(Speaking of which, the world has already ended in Australia, and it sure doesn't seem any different >_____>)

11-05-2012, 06:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JediKnight View Post
Ah, I see, this is for a certain device "Different version literally!" Agreed now.

Still confused if they would need to update all devices... I don't think so... Right?
Well, the update would have to go live on the App Store and all devices would download and install the update but they all wouldn't implement the changes.
That's one of the issues with iOS and the App Store, a device specific update can't be produced without all devices having to download the changes even if an older wont actually do anything with the changes to the app.
11-05-2012, 06:31 PM
How is Nova on the Mini? Same frame rate as if playing on iPad 2?
11-05-2012, 06:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quantus View Post
I'd imagine,the game runs smoothly on an iPod 5,and the mini is basically a smaller iPad 2
11-05-2012, 07:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quantus View Post
Same resolution as iPad 2 but smaller screen so probably runs a bit smoother as the processor has less screen to push to. So framerate should be similar or better.
iPad mini has 163 pixels as opposed to 132 for iPad 2 so should look slightly better.
I found it very smooth on iPad 2 anyway.

Last edited by Rip73; 11-06-2012 at 07:31 AM.
11-05-2012, 07:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rip73 View Post
Same framerate as iPad 2 but smaller screen so probably runs a bit smoother as the processor has less screen to push to.
iPad mini has 163 pixels as opposed to 132 for iPad 2 so should look slightly better.
I found it very smooth on iPad 2 anyway.
The two have the same resolution though. They'll probably need optimisation, as on some games the device ID has been confusing the apps on which settings to give.
11-06-2012, 07:28 AM
Miss post, sorry.
11-06-2012, 02:33 PM
Anyone have both the ipad 4 and old new ipad? Does this game run any better on the ipad 4 in regards to framerates and added effects?

I have heard two reports that the game runs worse on the ipad 4 than the new ipad. They have said that the full effects are enabled, but the framerates seem worse on the ipad 4.

On my new ipad, I play this with retina graphics on, but don't seem to get full effects. It is not as smooth as Dead Trigger which some have posted and said that it was locked at 30 fps. So I am guessing, but on my new ipad it runs at around 20 fps or so, if this is true.

But it was a little disappointing to see two different people say that nova 3 was worse framerate wise on the ipad 4 vs new ipad. Is this true?

This and Virtua tennis for me are games which need better framerates on my new ipad. Most every other game including asphalt and dead trigger run pretty well. But this game, man, if you could get to run with full retina, full effects, and with a 60 fps would be totally awesome, what I would call console ready.

Too bad that the ipad 4 gameplay isn't all that yet. Do you all think an ipad 4 update will come for this game? Or will we just have to wait for Nova 4???
11-06-2012, 03:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Connector View Post
Anyone have both the ipad 4 and old new ipad? Does this game run any better on the ipad 4 in regards to framerates and added effects?

I have heard two reports that the game runs worse on the ipad 4 than the new ipad. They have said that the full effects are enabled, but the framerates seem worse on the ipad 4.
The full effects and retina are enabled. No lag. Don't know where these framerate issues are coming from.