Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 05-14-2012, 09:59 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye67 View Post
It's Apple's fault for skipping an entire upgrade cycle for the iPod Touch. A lot of people would've had 4S level hardware by now, but they continue to sell 2010 hardware to this day.
That's exactly where the problem is. I'm not sure why they did that because the iPod touch is great little device but an a5 chip is needed for it.
Old 05-14-2012, 10:17 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by handintoaster View Post
That's an ok comparison but it's more like a developer made a game for the ps4 and released it for the ps3 while the ps4 isn't even out yet.
I don't get it... And that example is so ridiculous that I don't even know where to begin. But since we're comparing iDevices to Sony home consoles, I will say that the the iPod touch is a PS2.
Old 05-14-2012, 10:25 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badtz View Post
I don't get it... And that example is so ridiculous that I don't even know where to begin. But since we're comparing iDevices to Sony home consoles, I will say that the the iPod touch is a PS2.
He was trying to explain the problem with the ipod touch versus the ipad 2/3 (or even iphone 4s) using an analogy that anyone could understand. I don't think that his intentions were to compare the ipod to a console.
Old 05-14-2012, 10:33 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Callum_GL View Post
In addition to allowing New iPad users to choose between the retina resolution or motion blur & particle affects - you will also be able to continue your campaign on different devices.
Hey Callum - could you also let the devs know we would appreciate it if you put in full customization of the controls, like mc3? Especially the reload/switch weapon icon.
Old 05-14-2012, 10:42 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastbridge View Post
I don't know if I got a A6 chip in my iPad by mistake because this game is running flawless on my iPad 3. I've been a iOS gamer for a long time as u can see by my start date here and I know when a game is not running good or the framer ate is choppy but when I play this on my iPhone 4s and my ipad3 the game runs super smooth. Maybe because that's the only content I have on my iPad? Idk but this game is running great.

Then you obviously haven't tried the big multiplayer maps, or saw the 10 fps when rendering particle effects on glass with the defense reflections. Overall, multiplayer runs around 30-40 fps on the smaller maps like lost world, maybe 25 fps on big ones. Campaign typically runs at 35 or so fps, which is pathetic. I won't take anything but 50-60, which it is perfectly capable of doing. Half res means the device will be running in "iPad 2 mode", and since the a5x is much more powerful than the a5 at half res, the framerate will be significantly higher than the iPad 2's.
Old 05-14-2012, 10:44 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye67 View Post
It's Apple's fault for skipping an entire upgrade cycle for the iPod Touch. A lot of people would've had 4S level hardware by now, but they continue to sell 2010 hardware to this day.
Yes and at full price, too. Maybe it's just because there's no real competitor to the itouch.
Old 05-14-2012, 10:54 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

i have no idea why apple skipped a generation with the touch... probably had 4billion a4 wafers laying around. If games gave each of us an option on what res to run then the touch4 would probably be quite the machine.
Old 05-14-2012, 11:10 AM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

This is an awesome game. I am having a blast with the campaigne. I didnt like NOVA 1 so much (I even didn't try the second one) but this one is so great. A mix of Halo and Crisis. I also tried one (1) multiplayer game and it was fun. I was really surprised about the map size. Compared to Modern Combat 3 it is so huge. I can see that's a big disadvantage for iPod touch players compared to the iPad. I was really surprised about the "fog" in Der_Kleines video. However Its funny that it looks better on the iPad 2 then on the new one. I don't care for resolution - I wan't effects!!
Old 05-14-2012, 11:25 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

They skipped because sales continue to decline. I don't think they consider it a profitable product anymore, more and more people move to iPhone and from there iPad. Maybe outdated hardware is one of the reasons, any way you think about it, iPod sales decline while iPhone and iPad continue to grow really fast.
Old 05-14-2012, 11:43 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

I'm still waiting for ANYONE from gameloft to give us a date for the update. 20 emails since and zero replies. So much for customer service...