Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 05-09-2012, 09:08 PM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Pressing a button to go, (as has been the norm in platformers for decades) would make this game feel pretty shallow and restrictive. Here though, you press a button to stop. That's innovation!
Old 05-10-2012, 01:20 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

Omg forest 9 is driving me insane. Those bloody moving platforms surrounded by spikes and X planks = MENTAL ASYLUM!

the previous 8 levels I was like "meh this is easy" and now I'm like... freaking deranged.. My eye is almost popping right out of it's socket.
Yep, it's one of those games! The games that cause you to hold your breath until your through a certain challenging part, then sigh of relief.
then something pops up and chops you in the belly using your last hit point and causing your eye to twitch in rage, and makes you determined to play again and again.
Addictive is the word, I guess. But addictive doesnt seem severe enough. Its like deranged angry addictive that sends people to the insane asylum. I bet the asylum will have to update their intake forms after this.
Cause of admission:
Tragedy/family loss
Drug/alcohol abuse
Mental illness
PTSD
Playing this could hurt-chillingo [tick]

I'm not usually into this genre, but there were no puzzle games that interested me this week, so i thought I'd try this out for something to do.
I admit at first I thought it was slightly dull..I was like...yeah it's nice and all....but then once you get into the harder stuff it becomes more challenging and addictive. Holding down to stop takes a while to get used to.. Especially with the moving planks...But it starts out pretty easy so you get the hang of it before diving into the deranged parts.

One thing I really love is occasionally there's a hardcore "danger route" that you can take, if you take it and pass the level you get a golden acorn..I haven't been successful yet as level 9 is the first danger route I've seen, I've passed through the route but died later on. The route is supposed to be passed using a powerup but you can do it without, I managed to get through it with just one hit point spare..then I nearly was at the finish line and got spiked. That's when my eye proceeded to protrude from it's socket.

For 99c definitely snag this one. Baaaaaaaargain, even if your not a fan of platformers/endless runners like myself.

Last edited by Snozberry; 05-10-2012 at 01:31 AM..
Old 05-10-2012, 02:33 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

Can anyone please confirm if this game gets pumped out in full Retina resolution on the new iPad? Cheers!
(If it does, its a go for me! )
Old 05-10-2012, 06:12 AM
iPhone 4, iOS 4.x

We would love to release an iPad retina upgrade. Might have to be a new version though, so there are a few things we have to take into consideration. So the answer is: We don't know yet.
Old 05-10-2012, 07:16 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enzign View Post
We would love to release an iPad retina upgrade. Might have to be a new version though, so there are a few things we have to take into consideration. So the answer is: We don't know yet.
Thanks. I'll stay put and hope for the best, then. Added to the wishlist.
Old 05-10-2012, 08:29 AM
iPad mini 2, iOS 8.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snozberry View Post
Omg forest 9 is driving me insane. Those bloody moving platforms surrounded by spikes and X planks = MENTAL ASYLUM!

the previous 8 levels I was like "meh this is easy" and now I'm like... freaking deranged.. My eye is almost popping right out of it's socket.
Yep, it's one of those games! The games that cause you to hold your breath until your through a certain challenging part, then sigh of relief.
then something pops up and chops you in the belly using your last hit point and causing your eye to twitch in rage, and makes you determined to play again and again.
Addictive is the word, I guess. But addictive doesnt seem severe enough. Its like deranged angry addictive that sends people to the insane asylum. I bet the asylum will have to update their intake forms after this.
Cause of admission:
Tragedy/family loss
Drug/alcohol abuse
Mental illness
PTSD
Playing this could hurt-chillingo [tick]

I'm not usually into this genre, but there were no puzzle games that interested me this week, so i thought I'd try this out for something to do.
I admit at first I thought it was slightly dull..I was like...yeah it's nice and all....but then once you get into the harder stuff it becomes more challenging and addictive. Holding down to stop takes a while to get used to.. Especially with the moving planks...But it starts out pretty easy so you get the hang of it before diving into the deranged parts.

One thing I really love is occasionally there's a hardcore "danger route" that you can take, if you take it and pass the level you get a golden acorn..I haven't been successful yet as level 9 is the first danger route I've seen, I've passed through the route but died later on. The route is supposed to be passed using a powerup but you can do it without, I managed to get through it with just one hit point spare..then I nearly was at the finish line and got spiked. That's when my eye proceeded to protrude from it's socket.

For 99c definitely snag this one. Baaaaaaaargain, even if your not a fan of platformers/endless runners like myself.
Attention
Change title to This could hurt a lot more than you thought!
Thanks snozberry with all your talk of insanity and eyes popping out I'm sold
Getting it right now
Old 05-10-2012, 10:03 AM
iPad mini 2, iOS 8.x

You're right Snozberry
Level 8 killed me three times before
completing
Level 9 I played and is insane but all in a good way!
Have fun!!
Old 05-10-2012, 12:08 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

I couldn't tell by the trailer, but are you able to change the angle of the camera? Some of the areas that the character was in were hard to see because of the scenery. Anyways, the game looks awesome!
Old 05-10-2012, 12:26 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 4.x

The camera angle is static. But there will be no dangers where the path is obscured. So you will not be hit by anything when you can't see the character.
Old 05-10-2012, 01:58 PM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

I just played this and wasn't a big fan. Didn't know all you can do is stop and go. I expected to have more freedom of movement.