• Publisher: Taptoon Games
  • Genre: Arcade
  • Device: iPad
  • Size: 72.4 MB
  • Version: 1.00
  • Price: $1.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: HD ONLY COMPATIBLE WITH iPad2 AND UP!!!!

TAPTOON GAMES PRESENTS A WHOLE NEW TYPE OF DEFENSE SHOOTER FOR ALL AGES THAT ALLOWS A FULL 360 DEGREE ROTATION TO DESTROY ANY INCOMING ATTACKING THREATS.

This highly stylized game with cartoony graphics and addicting game play allows you to move from a variety of planets to defend in your galaxy, using multiple methods of offensive and defensive weapons. Unlock crates from invasion to invasion to upgrade and choose a combination of weapons to defend your peaceful planet from incoming asteroids, alien invaders, and mutational blobs.

See what the critics are saying...

Appspy.com 4 out of 5

(GAMEZEBO) "this one'll keep your thumbs sore, and your synapses firing"

(IGN's) new and note worthy!

Echoseven's comments:

HD Version: http://itunes.apple.com/nz/app/acme-planetary-defense-hd/id521003363?mt=8
05-09-2012, 11:59 AM
Been keeping an eye out for this one! Will get it tonight along with This Could Hurt!

05-09-2012, 01:05 PM
Awesome I didn't even realize that it would open there now, I figured it would go live at midnight here on the east coast. Us stupid Americans thinking the world revolves around us. Thanks for the information.
05-11-2012, 12:07 AM
I played it one time and I think I will never do so again.

This game is just plain bad. Absolutely repetitious, the graphics are bad, the sound effects are horrible, the controls are unresponsive and the text is sometimes unreadable. No tutorial or story, and the whole game feels unfinished and rushed.

I just cant recommend it.
05-11-2012, 01:41 AM
Crashes for me. I get to the choose planet screen, tap that, it does nothing, then tap the big planet on the left, then it crashes. Haven't been able to play it yet. Am I doing something wrong? Tried the usual remedies, but no go. Help!
05-11-2012, 06:19 AM
Sorry to hear that biggrand1, we are trying to figure out why it crashes for iPod. We think it might be running out of RAM but are not sure yet. There isn't much you can do as the problem lies on something on our end. We will try and fix the problem and release an update. Also, there is no cheat codes for this game...yet
05-11-2012, 12:02 PM
Awesome!

Been really enjoying this game so far, Runs amazing on the ipad 2. The HD version of this game, the graghics are clean and well put together. Looking forward to some updates!
05-11-2012, 01:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmort View Post
Sorry to hear that biggrand1, we are trying to figure out why it crashes for iPod. We think it might be running out of RAM but are not sure yet. There isn't much you can do as the problem lies on something on our end. We will try and fix the problem and release an update. Also, there is no cheat codes for this game...yet
Thanks! I'll wait for a fix! Was kinda disappointed I couldn't play this! These things happen! Can't wait to play this!
05-12-2012, 02:01 PM
I am absolutely enjoying this game! I don't usually like endless runner types, but this one is a blast! I won a promo code in the name-the-planet contest, but unfortunately it was for the iPhone version which just crashes on my iPod Touch. So I am playing this game in 2x mode on my retina iPad instead. There the radar is a bit small, and I'm not sure if it's any bigger on the actual iPad version or not, but it needs to be.

Even so, the controls are responsive, there is a good variety to the enemies and the powerups, and the whole thing works together nicely as a package of great fun!
05-12-2012, 07:09 PM
Glad your enjoying it dclose. Sorry we couldn't give you an iPad code, we only have a very small amount to begin with and they went fast.