★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Is fieldrunners truly worth a purchase?

11-19-2008, 10:06 PM
Send a message via AIM to Kuratsu Send a message via MSN to Kuratsu
Is fieldrunners truly worth a purchase?

I currently have besiegement and it provides me with hours of gameplay, not to mention that I'm not even halfway through the story mode yet. When I Think of a TD I'm constantly reminded of Starcraft and Warcraft 3.
Is fieldrunners really all that it is hyped up to be?
And if anyone has both Fieldrunners and Besiegement (or any other TD), how do they compare?

Last edited by Kuratsu; 11-19-2008 at 11:04 PM.
11-19-2008, 11:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuratsu View Post
I currently have besiegement and it provides me with hours of gameplay, not to mention that I'm not even halfway through the story mode yet. When I Think of a TD I'm constantly reminded of Starcraft and Warcraft 3.
Is fieldrunners really all that it is hyped up to be?
And if anyone has both Fieldrunners and Besiegement (or any other TD), how do they compare?
I have desktop apps for TD, (Horde of Orcs is great) but Fieldrunners, IMO, is really something special, esp. with todays update.

YMMV, but thousands of geeks can't be wrong

11-19-2008, 11:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darwiniandude View Post
I have desktop apps for TD, (Horde of Orcs is great) but Fieldrunners, IMO, is really something special, esp. with todays update.

YMMV, but thousands of geeks can't be wrong
Well, have you tried besiegement? to me, it reminds me of what i remember TD like in SC and WC3
I don't really care what the graphics look like in a game per say, I care more about the game play and replayability(and of course if its fun).

Last edited by Kuratsu; 11-20-2008 at 12:02 AM.
11-19-2008, 11:58 PM
what do you mean TD in a RTS? They are different genres of games.

Is there a real time strategy game has a tower defense section in it?

I have starcraft, warcraft3, Mote-m, Besiegement, Fieldrunners, and plenty of others and still don't know what you are talking about =/
11-20-2008, 12:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VegantTnT View Post
what do you mean TD in a RTS? They are different genres of games.

Is there a real time strategy game has a tower defense section in it?

I have starcraft, warcraft3, Mote-m, Besiegement, Fieldrunners, and plenty of others and still don't know what you are talking about =/

Wait, you have never played a Tower Defense in Starcraft or Warcraft 3?
11-20-2008, 12:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuratsu View Post
Wait, you have never played a Tower Defense in Starcraft or Warcraft 3?
I've played some custom maps but those are not even close to a good TD game. Their isn't enough variety to make it compelling
11-20-2008, 12:12 AM
Quote:
I've played some custom maps but those are not even close to a good TD game. Their isn't enough variety to make it compelling
Meh, I've seen some pretty high quality ones.
11-20-2008, 12:19 AM
Quote:
Which ones are you thinking of when you compare in terms of variety? I played some good TD maps in war3. Probably one of the best is Burbenog.
11-20-2008, 12:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight View Post
Which ones are you thinking of when you compare in terms of variety? I played some good TD maps in war3. Probably one of the best is Burbenog.
I don't remember names anymore :/ i know that there are some pretty good ones, might have played Burbenog, it rings a bell.

Hmm I just remembered another genre, Hero Defense, those were also fun if i remember properly
11-20-2008, 12:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight View Post
I was talking about in general. I'm just trying to understand what about besiegement reminds him of a TD in a RTS because that will help me figure out if fieldrunners would be worth it to him.