★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Flight Unlimited $2.99 > $0.99 for 24 Hours

05-10-2012, 02:42 PM
Flight Unlimited $2.99 > $0.99 for 24 Hours

Flight Unlimited is on sale for $0.99 for the next 24 hours.

05-10-2012, 05:00 PM
Anyone tried this?

Favorite games: LittleWing Crystal Caliburn, Legends of Yore, Hook Worlds, Phoenix HD, DoDonPachi Resurrection, Spectral Souls, Bastion, Avadon, Dariusburst SP, Aquaria, King of Dragon Pass & Starbase Orion

05-10-2012, 11:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeanTuna View Post
Anyone tried this?
Tried it. Didn't expect much divertimento for a buck.

It's not a full blown flight simulator like Microsoft Flight Simulator (that I played years ago, 10? 15?) but kind of fun simulator. Flying and landing is easy. Explored the surroundings a bit with the Cessna and almost got trapped in the harbour (didn't find the "exit" in direction to the town) but finally I made it back to the streets. Pretty good flight feeling with three camera views.

Love the propeller in front of my nose. Visual speed of rotation is tied in to the throttle.

Then I had a blast for 30 minutes or so just driving (taxiing) like a car through the streets in the early morning lights (rather dark by 4 clock 30 realtime here where I live). But nobody woke up and cared about a plane driving downtown. Spooky town. It would be nice if there would be some real steep streets like in San Francisco. The simple controls seem to be real.

Looks like this on iPad 3:

Will try to land on some roofs of high buildings as some pilots did it in the other thread:
http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=114861
(Dev is present and gunxsword loves it.)

Then take the other jet plane and do the same with more power. So you have 60 minutes of fun maybe. Will pick it up again for sure when the "massive update" is here.

Hurry up! Handpicked & Time-Limited App Store FREEbies & Sales
(Blog German-language; but you'll find all links, pics, and videos.)
05-16-2012, 11:43 PM
We extended the sale, it will last for another 12 hours.
05-17-2012, 08:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habakuk View Post
Tried it. Didn't expect much divertimento for a buck.

It's not a full blown flight simulator like Microsoft Flight Simulator (that I played years ago, 10? 15?) but kind of fun simulator. Flying and landing is easy. Explored the surroundings a bit with the Cessna and almost got trapped in the harbour (didn't find the "exit" in direction to the town) but finally I made it back to the streets. Pretty good flight feeling with three camera views.

Love the propeller in front of my nose. Visual speed of rotation is tied in to the throttle.

Then I had a blast for 30 minutes or so just driving (taxiing) like a car through the streets in the early morning lights (rather dark by 4 clock 30 realtime here where I live). But nobody woke up and cared about a plane driving downtown. Spooky town. It would be nice if there would be some real steep streets like in San Francisco. The simple controls seem to be real.

Looks like this on iPad 3:

Will try to land on some roofs of high buildings as some pilots did it in the other thread:
http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=114861
(Dev is present and gunxsword loves it.)

Then take the other jet plane and do the same with more power. So you have 60 minutes of fun maybe. Will pick it up again for sure when the "massive update" is here.
Many thanks! Ill check the main thread, im intrigued by this one but I dont usually play flight sims. Last I played was Microsoft flight simulator too!

Favorite games: LittleWing Crystal Caliburn, Legends of Yore, Hook Worlds, Phoenix HD, DoDonPachi Resurrection, Spectral Souls, Bastion, Avadon, Dariusburst SP, Aquaria, King of Dragon Pass & Starbase Orion
05-26-2012, 12:21 PM
The sale has been extended another 24 hrs.
07-06-2012, 11:15 AM
We're back on sale for today, $2.99>$0.99