★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Dr Awesome... REVEALED!

11-19-2008, 10:48 PM
Send a message via AIM to superbad
11-19-2008, 10:51 PM
Send a message via AIM to superbad
I dont understand the game play but it looks cool. LOLZ

11-19-2008, 10:57 PM
That looks ****ing sweet. I'll buy it, looks funny too.
11-19-2008, 11:02 PM
Its like an updated version of Virus featuring cool characters, animation, and a different form of enclosing the infection. Sure there are other features but its still the same concept as Virus from what I can tell.
11-19-2008, 11:48 PM
This game looks stupid. No no, i'm not impressed, not impressed at all...
11-19-2008, 11:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Lab View Post
Its like an updated version of Virus featuring cool characters, animation, and a different form of enclosing the infection. Sure there are other features but its still the same concept as Virus from what I can tell.
WTF? Are you serious? This isn't like virus at all....i bought virus(sucked balls) and this isnt anything like it from what i can tell. Virus' objective is to fill up the screen, and do you see screen filling?
11-20-2008, 12:02 AM
Looks like a cool take on the old Qix game... could be fun...
11-20-2008, 12:11 AM
True that in Virus you fill up the screen, which is a form of containing the virus and with Dr. Awesome it seems you contain the virus by cutting it off from, I don't know? some place it seems to be roaming around in.

Basically Dr. Awesome is Virus-esque on steroids. Repackaged with cool new features and Virus that shoot laser-like things at you. It also seems you get to pick from a list of your friends you want to infect, unless I'm mistaken on that part... But I really don't want to bother looking at the video again. (Correction: I looked at it again... and still seems the same to me).

I was hoping for an RPG with a Manga feel to it.

Last edited by The Lab; 11-20-2008 at 12:29 AM.
11-20-2008, 12:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Lab View Post
True that in Virus you fill up the screen, which is a form of containing the virus and with Dr. Awesome it seems you contain the virus by cutting it off from, I don't know? some place it seems to be roaming around in.

Basically Dr. Awesome is Virus-esqe on steroids. Repackaged with cool new features and Virus that shoot laser-like things at you. It also seems you get to pick from a list of your friends you want to infect, unless I'm mistaken on that part... But I really don't want to bother looking at the video again.

I was hoping for an RPG with a Manga feel to it.
Wow if you think this has anything to do with virus then leave toucharcade now n00b. They are completely different. The only thing they have in common is that they center around a virus. It is not "virus-esque" or anything of the sort.

dirty deeds and their dunderchee
11-20-2008, 12:27 AM
Am I really, the only person here that doesn't think that this has the same purpose as Virus?

I like the fact that the game has a story with it, but the objective is still the same. I do see there the difference, but again do I really want to try and contain more viruses?

I love the artwork and characters but I was just hoping for a better use of them. So much props with that side of the game and the feature of using your contacts on your iPhone/iPod Touch, but as in purpose I still felt there was more that could have come out of it.

Not a fan of Virus and find myself a bit disappointed with Dr. Awesome.

I guess I fell into the hype that the screenshot gave and the name Dr. Awesome.