★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

CitiRacing ---> Free

05-11-2012, 03:41 AM
CitiRacing ---> Free

No idea how to link apps but Citiracing has just gone free. Had it on my wish list.

---------------------------
Mom Says Get Married!!
05-11-2012, 05:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by spidey View Post
No idea how to link apps but Citiracing has just gone free. Had it on my wish list.
using the APPINFO tag.

Noise brings so many things, make my tingling skin freeze.
Follow a Panda bear and make Twitter a better place!

05-11-2012, 06:14 AM
Just wanted to recommend it… :-(

User review from the US iOS App Store about the CitiRacing version with the latest update:

Quote:
I was enjoying this quite a bit until I realized the final two cars can only be unlocked by sharing game results to fb or twitter. So if you don't have either, or don't want all your friends to drop you because you're one of those annoying people who shares stupid crap that nobody wants to see, then you can't use the last two vehicles. After paying for a game, it's insulting to be forced to provide advertising to unlock content. Otherwise it's a pretty fun little racing game.
Agreed. I bought the app when it was @ $.99 and enjoyed it as well but such methods cost a recommendation, no matter what the price is. Let's hope that devs are getting a clear vision of what's good and what's bad and maybe they'll remove that advertising crap and offer a straight full version without any disgusting traps like this.

Hurry up! Handpicked & Time-Limited App Store FREEbies & Sales
(Blog German-language; but you'll find all links, pics, and videos.)
05-11-2012, 08:21 AM
I think the game description now states that those cars are unlocked from start.
05-11-2012, 11:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habakuk View Post
User review from the US iOS App Store about the CitiRacing version with the latest update:

Agreed. I bought the app when it was @ $.99 and enjoyed it as well but such methods cost a recommendation, no matter what the price is. Let's hope that devs are getting a clear vision of what's good and what's bad and maybe they'll remove that advertising crap and offer a straight full version without any disgusting traps like this.
Sorry guys, there will be 1.3 ver next Friday ,and we will fix this problem for the unlock methods in version 1.4.
05-11-2012, 12:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habakuk View Post

Sorry guys, there will be 1.3 ver next Friday ,and we will fix this problem for the unlock methods in version 1.4.
05-11-2012, 12:04 PM
Sorry

05-11-2012, 12:56 PM
did the app icon always have the "sale" logo in the corner? whats with that?

Plus+/openfeint: nesio718 Game Center: panama chief
Playing: this new iPad....DAT RETINA!!!
Waiting for: SALES!!!!
05-11-2012, 02:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paklok View Post
In that case this game has my full support. I would definitely recommend fans of top down racers like death rally (minus combat) and retro racing check this out. Other than the unlock issue, my only complaints are a slightly confusing menu system (took me forever to figure out how to unlock single race venues), and...

Quote:
Originally Posted by nesio718 View Post
did the app icon always have the "sale" logo in the corner? whats with that?
Yup I don't like that either. Can't a separate icon be used for the AppStore if they really want it to say sale? It also has the open feint logo on the icon which I don't like so it would be relegated to a folder anyway.

Enough criticism, definitely check this out for free and form your own opinions
05-11-2012, 08:41 PM
I'm really enjoying this game.