Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > Upcoming iPhone and iPad Games

Closed Thread

Old 05-20-2012, 12:09 PM
iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foursaken_Media View Post
We're not QUITE ready to dish out all the goods yet All I can say that while there will not be "free roam" in the traditional sense, there will be movement AND exploration More details to come.

One of the big keys for us is that we stay true to the core of the original N.Y.Zombies, even after adding a ton of new features and game-play elements.
This game is gonna be sick.
Old 05-24-2012, 03:10 PM
Developer

We'd like to send along some art every once in a while as we go through the dev process This first screen is one of the revamped enemies in NYZ 2... do you remember which one?

Anyway, with NYZ 2, we're shooting to really make this game brutal and serious... there's been a big trend towards "cutesy" stuff (not that that is BAD by any means), but this game will be more about immersion, atmosphere, story, and a sense of dread. We'll be trying to take everything that made the 1st one good, and expand on it! The sequel will also still focus on hordes of zombies... even with better graphics we still are going to be shooting for MASSIVE battles

@ninjackid -- this game will not be compatible with older devices With normal maps, higher poly counts, and other advanced effects, they just wouldn't be able to cut it...

Last edited by Foursaken_Media; 05-24-2012 at 03:13 PM..
Old 05-24-2012, 08:21 PM
iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8.x

Quote:

We'd like to send along some art every once in a while as we go through the dev process This first screen is one of the revamped enemies in NYZ 2... do you remember which one?

Anyway, with NYZ 2, we're shooting to really make this game brutal and serious... there's been a big trend towards "cutesy" stuff (not that that is BAD by any means), but this game will be more about immersion, atmosphere, story, and a sense of dread. We'll be trying to take everything that made the 1st one good, and expand on it! The sequel will also still focus on hordes of zombies... even with better graphics we still are going to be shooting for MASSIVE battles

@ninjackid -- this game will not be compatible with older devices With normal maps, higher poly counts, and other advanced effects, they just wouldn't be able to cut it...
THANKKKKKKK YOUUUUUUUU! This is exactly the type of game the app store needs. Just a suggestion but with the type of game your shooting for you really should try and implement some kind of huge boss battles and def keep a brutal difficulty level for us hardcore gamers. Those would be my two wishes. Lol. Anyway thanks for the updates guys. You always keep the community posted on ur games
Old 05-24-2012, 08:23 PM
iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8.x

And that's the fat guy from NYZ with the stop sign. At least I think
Old 05-24-2012, 09:15 PM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

This seems as close to Left 4 Dead as we'll see on the iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch.
Old 05-24-2012, 10:06 PM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:

Holy s***.

Excuse my French, but this sounds freakin' AMAZING!!!!!

And I totally understand about not being able to support older devices... Hopefully by the time this is released I'll have a new iPod.
Old 05-24-2012, 10:13 PM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), OS 4.x

This just continues to look better by the update, and I was already excited.
Old 05-25-2012, 12:16 PM
Developer

Thanks guys Looking forward to giving some more screens and game-play updates in the near future!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastbridge View Post
THANKKKKKKK YOUUUUUUUU! This is exactly the type of game the app store needs. Just a suggestion but with the type of game your shooting for you really should try and implement some kind of huge boss battles and def keep a brutal difficulty level for us hardcore gamers. Those would be my two wishes. Lol. Anyway thanks for the updates guys. You always keep the community posted on ur games
We are definitely going to shoot for some huge/awesome bosses And of course, there will be a fair share of regular huge enemies as well... if you've played the 1st NYZ or Bug Heroes, you know we're into having a ton of different enemy types/variety, and using that to build up some deep strategic game-play around.

As far as a "nightmare" difficulty... count that in as well It will likely only be unlocked as a special mode though.
Old 05-25-2012, 12:37 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Good blood,gore and weapon effects is all I'm asking for + some weapon variety
Old 05-25-2012, 12:46 PM
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trysis3 View Post
Good blood,gore and weapon effects is all I'm asking for + some weapon variety
Re: gore, definitely key but we're also trying to keep in believable, so we're not going to have zombies explode into chunks of meat when you kill them with a pistol Actually speaking of blood effects, which games do you guys feel have really good gore effects (if any) on iOS?

The weapons that will be in the game will have decidedly different functions and roles, and there will be a lot of variety, but more in a game-play sense... we're not personal fans of having a billion pistols just because

Closed Thread