★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: LV1
  • Genre: Simulation
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 42.5 MB
  • Version: 2.3
  • Price: $0.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: Pocket Mainland, a piece of land which is inhabited by many magical monsters.They have various forms and superior abilities. The biggest dream of hunters is to find all the monsters and tame them. Having just graduated from Hunter Colleage, to fulfill your dream of becoming the strongest hunter,you come to the holy land for hunting,Meowmeow Village, with the cat servant and also full of hope.

lv1cc's comments:
Pocket Mainland, a piece of land which is inhabited by many magical monsters.They have various forms and superior abilities. The biggest dream of hunters is to find all the monsters and tame them. Having just graduated from Hunter Colleage, to fulfill your dream of becoming the strongest hunter,you come to the holy land for hunting,Meowmeow Village, with the cat servant and also full of hope.

iTunes Link:http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/pmh/id521925650?ls=1&mt=8
05-11-2012, 10:19 PM
The character art and names seem vaguely familiar to me, somehow. Some sort of popular TCG/anime/game/movie's IP?

05-11-2012, 10:23 PM
Trash......
05-11-2012, 10:23 PM
LOL... And I thought it was a Monster Hunter Clone.

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
05-11-2012, 10:27 PM
1.99 for a copied mess? i mean seriously.. why are some people so lazy to come up with their own ideas.
05-11-2012, 10:28 PM
Pocket Monster Hunter. Pokemon x Monster Hunter.

Pocket Monster is the Japanese name of Pokemon
Monster Hunter, I think you guys knows what this game is already lol.

Admin/Reviewer on Philippine Gamers Lounge
XBL & PSN: iANiMeX
GameCenter: ANiMeX2k11
Need beta tester?
05-11-2012, 11:18 PM
well, i can see something pikachu-like, piplup-like, and charmander-like in one of those pics. LOL
05-12-2012, 12:47 AM
Another example showing Apple review team's complete ignorance of copyright laws or the Pokemon franchise.
05-12-2012, 01:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunxsword View Post
Another example showing Apple review team's complete ignorance of copyright laws or the Pokemon franchise.
To be completely fair, I believe Apple's rules are to let IPs through, and then have the owner of the IP contest it -- otherwise there would be too many resources spent figuring out if something belongs to an IP, if it was done with permission, etc.

That said, it really is surprising some of the stuff they've let through, such as blatant ripoffs and non-working games. :\
05-12-2012, 01:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunxsword View Post
Actually, it shows the Apple review team's perfect understanding of copyright law and how to avoid liability for copyright infringements in the App Store.

Go to Amazon and search for the Hunger Games. Have fun digging through all the unauthorized "sequels," the unrelated books with nearly identical titles (on purpose) and so on. Copycats get removed only if the copyright holders issues a formal complaint. Sellers take no legal responsibility for the legality of the content.

No offense, gunxsword, but the fact that anyone thinks that a multi-billion dollar company (with a cadre of some of the most expensive lawyers in the world) wouldn't "understand" copyright is simply baffling.