Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 05-29-2012, 09:33 AM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uprising Elton View Post
A full SWOS mode would take some time, there aren't plans to do that currently, but if enough people ask..
In v1.2 you will be able to edit the players in each squad for all the tournaments, so you can put yourself in a team as you play a league or tournament.
I might be able to do a mode where you can enter a custom team through multiple seasons, and all players will start off average. You could then scout a bunch of fictional teams for other players (which the other teams would do too) to improve your squad etc. Not quite SWOS, but a bit more of a single player campaign. (adding fitness and fatigue to players etc.) Not sure when an ETA for such a mode would be though. If this appeals, say so on this thread!

The Icon will get a bit of attention for the next update. I hoped the overhead view would make it clear what kind of game it is, but it doesn't really work as the icon is so small on the app store. It seems easy to overlook if there isn't a large football in there, even though that will make look like 99% of all the other football games on the app store, it's what people expect of a footy game icon I guess.
Firstly, thanks for taking the time out to write back on the forum. Itís great that developers such as yourself are open to suggestions from the fans.

I take your point surrounding the full SWOS mode, as it really is pretty involved. Have you considered switching the game onto the Xbox Live Arcade at any point? A move such as that would really justify developing the game in a similar way to SWOS. You could obviously add local/online multiplayer and all sorts of other trickery too!

Failing that though, the scouting mode sounds like a great Ďsecond bestí. A campaign is something that the game currently lacks beyond playing the leagues and tournaments. Having a lengthy campaign would be great fun, as long as youíre able to improve your squad as you play. Something like Speedballís Brutal Deluxe mode might also be worth a look, as that works really well.

Also, I donít know whether I missed it or not, but is there a sprint button? I quite frequently found myself running shoulder to shoulder with another player and really wanted to be able to sprint ahead of him!

The icon of an app really is important, as itís what people first see on the App Store and a lot of people (myself included) judge the quality of the icon straight away as an indication of how good the game will be. Itís vital (imho) to get it just right to entice people into your app description and secure the sale!
Old 05-29-2012, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steviebwoy View Post
Firstly, thanks for taking the time out to write back on the forum. It’s great that developers such as yourself are open to suggestions from the fans.
Not a problem! Always like to hear back as to what we can do better!

Quote:
Also, I don’t know whether I missed it or not, but is there a sprint button? I quite frequently found myself running shoulder to shoulder with another player and really wanted to be able to sprint ahead of him!
Sprinting is not something we felt the game should have, as none of the older games which inspired it had them. It's one of those things that could make the game too easy, and also we'd have to get the AI using it appropriately too. It would change the game a fair bit. I did experiment with a double tap on the d-pad giving a limited boost during development. It's something I might bring back in time, if we can get it balanced.

Quote:
The icon .. It’s vital (imho) to get it just right to entice people into your app description and secure the sale!
Agree 100%! The v1.1 icon is slightly better (on the store, the game icon is the same) but we'll try and get something more attention grabbing for v1.2, I'm sure it will help.
Old 05-29-2012, 11:54 AM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 5.x

Can't believe I missed this!
Old 05-29-2012, 11:55 AM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 5.x

^awesome game I forgot to say! This ta app needs edit...
Old 06-04-2012, 06:57 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Just started to seriously play this due to all the time off we are having..thanks queenie

Buuuut; I can't score. Tried everything, diagonals, screamers, close range, crosses into the box.....nothing. Just had 9 shots on goal against stoke...nothing.

Some of these I would say the keeper had no right to save either
Old 06-05-2012, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by devensega View Post
Just started to seriously play this due to all the time off we are having..thanks queenie

Buuuut; I can't score. Tried everything, diagonals, screamers, close range, crosses into the box.....nothing. Just had 9 shots on goal against stoke...nothing.

Some of these I would say the keeper had no right to save either
Nothing has really changed in the keepers, but a few people have found it harder to score in v1.1. I think this is due to a reduction in left/right aiming range when shooting. In v1.0, it would nearly always miss the target if the d-pad was fully left or right when shooting. This means people who don't get the stick somewhere near the left / right extents are hitting shots too centrally.
There's a new set of shooting adjustments in v1.2 to rectify this and make the game more fun in the process.
The keepers aren't any better in v1.1 though, although they might have a bit more goal coverage on the +1 / +2 speed settings when dealing with long shots where they run towards the ball before diving.

v1.2 is in the works now and should be submitted in the next 48 hours or so, assuming there are no unforeseen problems.
Old 06-05-2012, 12:38 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Cheers mate, will play again then.
Old 06-05-2012, 12:48 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uprising Elton View Post
v1.2 is in the works now and should be submitted in the next 48 hours or so, assuming there are no unforeseen problems.
Just wanted to say thanks for continuing to improve; I love this game.
Old 06-08-2012, 04:20 AM

v1.2 submits to Apple this weekend with :-

iPad native support. (with 2 players on 1 device mode)
Spanish League
New Nations in the Standard Team Set (Wales, Ireland and Scotland rejoice!)
New Shooting. Better power and Curl
Additional "Easier" Mode for Beginners.

Still not 100% decided, but will probably change to a Tier1 paid download too, or possibly fewer teams usable in standard matches in free mode. Also *might* make Online play Free, but only with Uprising United custom team for Free users.

Any feedback on the above is welcome!! Thanks!
Old 06-11-2012, 12:55 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 6.x

Just won a game. It said I got 5 coins for the win and a bonus 5 coins. But after I exited to the menu, I ha only received 5 coins instead of 10. Is this right?!