Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 05-12-2012, 12:41 PM
squarezero squarezero is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Salem, Massachusetts, USA
Posts: 10,826
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by devensega View Post
Well, it seems Mega Credits do become more important as you get deeper in to the game. While not essential I think you may find it much harder without some of the perks on offer. The extra ships that need MC just seem to be ramped up versions of existent ones. With one exception, the artillery ship gets a completely different weapon than its alloy only counterpart

If you hate IAP avoid.....I don't see why devs can't release both free to play and paid versions of a game, much like lite and full versions.
I would be all over a paid version of this game.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 05-12-2012, 12:54 PM
devensega devensega is offline
Senior Member
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 621
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by squarezero View Post
I would be all over a paid version of this game.
Have you tried Blue Libra?
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 05-12-2012, 01:04 PM
Gabrien Gabrien is offline
Senior Member
iPad 2, iOS 5.x
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 5,148
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by devensega View Post
If you hate IAP avoid.....I don't see why devs can't release both free to play and paid versions of a game, much like lite and full versions.
Because then no one would spring for the IAP. They would play the free version long enough to hit the pay wall then buy the full. Of course, human stupidity has exceeded my expectations in the past, so...

Anyway, I guess the impressions here save me a download. Though I might still try it for myself. Very much looks like another case of "what a shame."
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 05-12-2012, 01:47 PM
Gatada Gatada is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 77
Default

Looks great, bu sounds repetitive: "waves and waves" of enemies to defeat?

I'll try it just because it's free and because it sounds a bit like Homeworld (for PC) - which was an amazing game.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 05-12-2012, 02:47 PM
Gatada Gatada is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 77
Default

Looks great, though it sounds repetitive: "waves and waves" of enemies to defeat?

Still, it reminds me of the Homeworld for PC which I found amazing, so I would love to try this, but it's currently not available in Norway.

The TA app gets me all excited, sigh.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 05-12-2012, 07:45 PM
courseur courseur is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 3
Default

Am I the only one unable to download this in the AppStore ?
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 05-12-2012, 07:47 PM
P00K P00K is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 23
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by courseur View Post
Am I the only one unable to download this in the AppStore ?
I was going to post the same thing. It's nowhere to be found.

It's a shame that it appears to lean so heavily on the IAP model. I tend to simply avoid games that have you buy "gold" or "coins" or "space bucks" or whatever. I'd really prefer to just buy the game outright and get the whole game up front.

Last edited by P00K; 05-12-2012 at 08:04 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 05-12-2012, 08:00 PM
P00K P00K is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 23
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by devensega View Post
Well, it seems Mega Credits do become more important as you get deeper in to the game. While not essential I think you may find it much harder without some of the perks on offer. The extra ships that need MC just seem to be ramped up versions of existent ones. With one exception, the artillery ship gets a completely different weapon than its alloy only counterpart

If you hate IAP avoid.....I don't see why devs can't release both free to play and paid versions of a game, much like lite and full versions.
This is a real shame... The game looks great, but I tend to skip games that use (abuse?) the IAP model. I'd prefer to pay outright and get the whole game.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 05-12-2012, 08:48 PM
Spuzzy Spuzzy is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 4
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by courseur View Post
Am I the only one unable to download this in the AppStore ?
Same here, unable to download.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 05-12-2012, 08:53 PM
devensega devensega is offline
Senior Member
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 621
Default

Yep, it's gone. Maybe (wishfull thinking here) they will drop the mega credits and resubmit it.
Reply With Quote

Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright 2012, TouchArcade.com, LLC.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2008 - 2011, TouchArcade.com. Privacy Policy / DMCA Copyright Agent