Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 06-25-2012, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tops2 View Post
Yeah..I use Artillery mostly to pick off enemy fighters or for the rare alien saucers that comes out. You can focus your artillery on on side of the screen and set fighters to defense the other side. Otherwise, yeah, don't really need the Artillery, but I supposed it gives more interaction to directly influence the battles.

Are the saucers the black things? I cant seem to kill those. Can they only be killed by artillery?

I have never killed one or received the IAP currency and I'm around halfway done.
Old 06-25-2012, 03:25 PM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtNJ View Post
Are the saucers the black things? I cant seem to kill those. Can they only be killed by artillery?

I have never killed one or received the IAP currency and I'm around halfway done.
Yeah..those slow floating round things that no ships can target can only be killed by artillery. But those are pretty rare. I think I quickly stopped building artillery for the sole purpose of killings those saucers. Overall, the game's pretty easy once you figure the general strategy.
Old 07-02-2012, 03:30 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

I finished the game without spending a dime. So much for IAP as an effective business model :-D
But I still rated 5 stars for the great concept

I still play survival every now and then, to slowly gather megacreds. I'm curious to see if I'll reach the hundred needed to buy the beam cannon ship before I get bored. But I am about a third of the way and it's not like I spend all my time on it.

One issue though - has anyone ever seen the leader board work? In game center it says there are no players, and the in game leader board list just shows the loading thing before making the game crash after about 2 minutes. I'm playing on a iPhone 4s FYI.
Old 07-02-2012, 05:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hound16 View Post
I finished the game without spending a dime. So much for IAP as an effective business model :-D
But I still rated 5 stars for the great concept

I still play survival every now and then, to slowly gather megacreds. I'm curious to see if I'll reach the hundred needed to buy the beam cannon ship before I get bored. But I am about a third of the way and it's not like I spend all my time on it.

One issue though - has anyone ever seen the leader board work? In game center it says there are no players, and the in game leader board list just shows the loading thing before making the game crash after about 2 minutes. I'm playing on a iPhone 4s FYI.
Agreed mate no need for in app purchases. I too will crack on with the grind to 100 for the tesla. Lol shouldn't have spent it on the upgraded mining ship but there ya go survival is great to grind alloy, it does crash for me when it tries to upload my score. I also get really bad slowdown towards the higher waves 70 plus. There is a lot of enemies on screen but not sure if it is a bug that increases slowdown the longer the play duration. I'm on an iPhone 4. Love the game tho homeworld plus flight control sums it up well.

I'm hoping they pulled it to fix the bugs and tweak the rarity of saucers. Need more in the game tbh. I feel this would have done a lot better if it sold for a few $
Old 07-24-2012, 02:49 PM

Anyone else notice that after the recent patch, it continually tells you that it can't connect to GameCenter? Even though I don't have a GameCenter account and have GameCenter disabled via the game's menu, every time I launch it or resume from standby I get a popup.

I was tempted to support them with the token "turn off the ads" IAP, but I'm a little concerned about stability. Maybe if the fix this bug?
Old 07-27-2012, 01:29 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

I really like this game, but I wish there were more flying saucers. They are extremely rare.
Old 08-10-2012, 07:00 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

Im done with galaxy 1. Completed mission 40. I dont see galaxy 2.
Old 08-11-2012, 01:06 PM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Loving this game. Iap annoying, but solid game well worth 3 bucks.

One question I can't figure out is... How does the star system work? I thought it was hoarding the mining and killing all ships... Worked for the first 30 levels... Now getting one star... Why?
Old 12-04-2012, 03:04 AM

Your stars depend upon how much crystal you have left over at the completion of the level. You can increase your crystal capacity by having more mining ships - this is the easiest way to get your three stars (oh, and make sure you don't spend a load of it just before the level ends - or allow one of your mining ships to be destroyed, because you'll lose all the additional crystal capacity.

My one gripe with this game is that there seems to be an invisible paywall at the 99 Megacred mark. As soon as I reached 99 Megacreds, saucers suddenly seem to have stopped appearing on the Survival mode. I've played numerous times since and reached wave 200+, but not a sign of a saucer. Seems if you want the Tesla you have to pay. I don't object in principle to this, but I would rather know than be forced to guess. Hell, I'd have been happier with a 2-3 level demo and then pay for the full game (which I would certainly have done) rather than this sneaky, invisible cliff-edge paywall (which I probably won't bother paying out on, as I've already had tons of gameplay, and practices like this really irritate me).