★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: NBC's The Office Challenge .99 (mini games) warioware like.

05-19-2009, 08:25 PM
NBC's The Office Challenge .99 (mini games) warioware like.

The Office Challenge

http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=315340364&mt=8

Quote:
NBC’s The Office Challenge is a game that brings you the hand on experience of the award winning American mockumentary ‘The Office’ on NBC, starring 4 central characters; the titular Assistant (to the) Regional Manager Dwight Schrute, the paper salesman Jim Halpert, the receptionist Pam Beesly and the accountant Kevin Malone.

36 micro games to get you most of the experience and keep you addicted to the phone. Each character has a set of mini-games revolving around its traits in the series.
Unlock characters as the game progresses. Play the survival mode to unleash real logical analyzing and quick responsiveness.
Get nostalgic with the complete Office experience using your iPhone in multiple ways to play the games.
Given instructions at the start of each game to minimize your learning curve.
Simple ‘Pick n Play’ controls and Intuitive gameplay to enhance your game experience.

Standout Features:
• Vivid art style with charming music and sound effects to catalyze your gaming experience.

• Featuring the funniest scenarios from the series like, Flonkerton – A race wherein your legs are tied to paper boxes and you have to reach the finish line before your opponent does. Table Top Golf – Wherein you need to aim and pot a golf ball inside a hole on the table. Paintball – Take your opponents out before they knock you down with your ink-pen at office, and many more.

• A fun filling experience for all fans of the series, and a whole new experience for those who are new to this award winning super comedy.

I have not taken the leap on the iphone version of this game however I have played the exact same game on other mobile devices. I was not impressed, most of the games are far too easy, there are only about 5 hard ones, there is replayability with an endless mode, however most likely when you are done with the mini games you will not go back and replay.

here is a review from a site about the non-iphone version which has the same levels and features:
http://www.pocketgamer.co.uk/r/Mobil...iew.asp?c=5549

i'm not going to tell anyone to stay away from it like the plague, but unless you are a true fan and can't get enough office, it's probably not for you. the office mini golf game was a very good game, this is just a so so game. nothing special. if you need an office fix the mini golf game is a good pickup, plus it lets you watch episodes which is very cool!

Boiler Up!
*Hated By Many, Loved By Few*
05-19-2009, 08:28 PM
A bit off topic, but if you want mini-games go with Cooking Star. They just updated with a new mini-game (which is awesome), bringing it to a grand total of 9 plus TONS of recipes to make.

Associate Editor, Slide To Play and Padvance
Follow me on Twitter
Feel free to email me at tim@slidetoplay.com if you want to bring a game or update to our attention.

05-19-2009, 08:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by STP_Tim View Post
A bit off topic, but if you want mini-games go with Cooking Star. They just updated with a new mini-game (which is awesome), bringing it to a grand total of 9 plus TONS of recipes to make.
sweet! i'll make sure I update it before I leave on vacation this week, i do love mini games.

Boiler Up!
*Hated By Many, Loved By Few*
05-19-2009, 08:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by STP_Tim View Post
Thanks for the tip

On topic, this doesn't look to appealing, though I do love The Office.

10-22-2010, 09:38 PM
Pulled?

Upcoming Games: CJS2, Racing Apex, High Strangeness, Dino Run, Super Feed Me, Mimeo and the Kleptopus King, Loot, Run Run Dash, Pogo Rampage, Burrito Bison, Star Saver, Pocket Cars, Rock Rider, THEM, Prince of Europa, Epic Dive, One Tap Hero
10-22-2010, 10:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by doodlejumper View Post
Pulled?
Probably for the best
10-23-2010, 12:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jchampl View Post
The Office Challenge

http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=315340364&mt=8

I have not taken the leap on the iphone version of this game however I have played the exact same game on other mobile devices. I was not impressed, most of the games are far too easy, there are only about 5 hard ones, there is replayability with an endless mode, however most likely when you are done with the mini games you will not go back and replay.

here is a review from a site about the non-iphone version which has the same levels and features:
http://www.pocketgamer.co.uk/r/Mobil...iew.asp?c=5549

i'm not going to tell anyone to stay away from it like the plague, but unless you are a true fan and can't get enough office, it's probably not for you. the office mini golf game was a very good game, this is just a so so game. nothing special. if you need an office fix the mini golf game is a good pickup, plus it lets you watch episodes which is very cool!
Thanks for the tip! Love Wario type mini-games, but I'm going to take your advise and not pick this one up.