★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

3D RPG Kitaru Presents Voice Cast & Active Time Battle System (FIRST LOOK!)

05-15-2012, 02:19 AM
3D RPG Kitaru Presents Voice Cast & Active Time Battle System (FIRST LOOK!)

Aoineko Studios has formally announced the voice cast of Yuri Lowenthal, voice of TV's Ben10, the prince in The Prince of Persia, and Soulcalibur V. Yuri Lowenthal will be joined by Tara Platt, highly-regarded for her work on Final Fantasy XIII, Naruto, Bleach, and Marvel vs. Capcom 3.

In addition to progress in cast, rapid advancement has also been made with the game. The main focus right now for the development team is building and configuring the pre-alpha custom battle systems. These new active time battle systems will allow players to shuffle their moves in an action queue, thus keeping the pressure on opponents at all times, while also requiring strategy to manage time and resources. The team is also designing new game levels and terrains, where the key characters will explore a wide range of urban, natural and industrial landscapes, such as decaying cities, deserted wastelands, and heavily guarded industrial complexes.

Here is a first look…

You can support the project on Kickstarter here: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/bensteele/kitaru

And you can find more info and details about Kitaru at the following sites:

Facebook: www.facebook.com/whoiskitaru
Webpage: www.kitaru.net
Twitter: www.twitter.com/KitaruOfficial
YouTube: www.youtube.com/aoinekostudios

Thank you!

05-15-2012, 07:42 AM
Woah, that's a huge improvement in graphics and animations!

But I still doubt that many people are interested in turn-based RPGs.

05-15-2012, 08:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klemen View Post

Turn-based RPGs are a perfect fit for mobile platforms. I don't doubt that a smart, polished game would find an audience.

I wasn't very impressed with the first set of media released. This is a huge improvement.

Last edited by squarezero; 05-15-2012 at 08:49 AM.
05-15-2012, 08:24 AM
Great work guys!

Monster Juice - The Brave Game Studio / Creative Director
Our new game: Monster Cube
05-15-2012, 08:59 AM
I love Turn-Based RPG. This is definitely an instant buy for me when it hits the appstore.

Admin/Reviewer on Philippine Gamers Lounge
XBL & PSN: iANiMeX
GameCenter: ANiMeX2k11
Need beta tester?
05-15-2012, 09:31 PM
@Klemen @squarezero @baDa @iANiMeX Hi Guys! Thanks so much for the comments and feedback. Our dev team is making great progress with Kitaru, and we are excited to show off more of the game in the coming weeks. Please follow us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/whoiskitaru for all the latest updates, and please help us to spread the word on Kitaru by sharing with your friends. THANKS!!
05-16-2012, 04:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitaru View Post
@Klemen @squarezero @baDa @iANiMeX Hi Guys! Thanks so much for the comments and feedback. Our dev team is making great progress with Kitaru, and we are excited to show off more of the game in the coming weeks. Please follow us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/whoiskitaru for all the latest updates, and please help us to spread the word on Kitaru by sharing with your friends. THANKS!!
WOW ......this turn base style will give me some decent geek dreams tonight! welcome to the forum and thanks for showing us your amazing game skills display! cant wait to hear more from you!

TESTING!-Most APPSASIA apps ...if your a dev hit me up and ill help.
*Member of the BETA TESTER ALLIANCE
MY PAST BETA LIST..
05-16-2012, 04:50 AM
Nice work, I dig these kinds of RPGs, very reminiscent of the Final Fantasy games

Good to see an indie dev putting Unity through its paces, though correct me if I'm wrong, I dont believe the battle video preview you posted was recorded on an actual iOS device?

Looking forward to the release
05-17-2012, 05:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klemen View Post

Dunno why you'd say that, as a lot of the most successful franchises are entirely turn-based.

This, for one, shows a lot of promise. Looking forward to how this one turns out.

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
05-18-2012, 04:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact-Psience View Post
Dunno why you'd say that, as a lot of the most successful franchises are entirely turn-based.
Yes, but I was talking in comparison to real time combat RPGs.