★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Dimensions The Game $4.99 -> FREE

05-15-2012, 11:29 AM
Senior Member [Original Poster]
Dimensions The Game $4.99 -> FREE

Ascension BeatHazard Carcassonne DungeonRaid ElderSign
GreedyBankers Helsing'sFire NimbleStrong PhoenixWright Poison TiltToLive
05-15-2012, 12:01 PM
Send a message via MSN to syntheticvoid
05-15-2012, 01:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by syntheticvoid View Post
hmmm... any impressions?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vD9j_DDNELY

Or a lack of. I can't spare the 140.9MB's right now according to my iPhone, so I can't TOFTT

Currently enjoying: CtR, AB: Space, Guitar Hero, Rock Band Reloaded, Burger Queen World, Hunters: Episode One, Batman Arkham Lockdown, Ice Race, Bar Oasis1.5, Air Gamblers: Supremacy, Mage Gauntlet, Real Racing 2, Inotia2/3, Undercroft, Pocket Warriors, Ascension, Chaos Rings
05-15-2012, 08:56 PM
It's not bad. It has IAP and unlocking all the universes is hardly possible.

Playing: Infinity Blade II, Angry Birds
Favorites: Puzzle Agent, Paladog, Game Dev Story, Lara Croft
Beta Tested: Fara, Monster Trainer, Homerun Battle 2
05-16-2012, 12:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by syntheticvoid View Post
hmmm... any impressions?
In a nutshell Dimensions provides several different modes of augmented sound (basically a very effective drug trip simulation without the negative side effects). You unlock new modes, called dimensions, by performing two basic actions, aiming a tractor beam at geometric shapes, called artifacts, that appear hovering randomly over a perspective view of your area map and using the same beam to repell monsters that also appear randomly over the map. Your beam is fueled by the in-game currency, called cells, which rapidly deplete when performing these actions. You can replenish cells by picking them up with your beam as they appear randomly on the map, opening new dimensions, through random giveaways (Today was free cell day), or by IAP. The sound effects of the dimensions are excellent, but the gameplay is tedious and lackluster, not to mention that it is very difficult to make moderately paced progress withou constantly feeding your quarters into the machine. The Inception Movie App, also produced by RJDJ, provides a comparable experience with no IAP, and in my opinion a better soundtrack taken from the movie. Nevertheless, it is free, so there is no harm in adding it to your backlog.